If you think arming teachers is a solution to school shootings then you are either dumb or insane

The one on the left. Wherever there are guns accidents are sure to happen.

Seriously dude? I see the sign on the left I say what ever like I seen the signs in Chicago of a nuclear free zone.

But once again if I seen the sign on the right it would make me think.....

And say to myself they are not fucking around..

27752542_10155311743534849_6676975123612374934_n.jpg

Seriously dude? I see the sign on the left I say what ever like I seen the signs in Chicago of a nuclear free zone.

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

I grew up in the hood. The one place I knew I didnt have to worry about getting shot was at school.

First off I think there are teachers both qualified and willing to arm themselves and protect the children.
As to the op, i spent too much on college to be considered dumb, but you may have me on the sanity argument. I prefer not to have that discussion and concede the point.
I think in the short term we should put armed guards in place, we have plenty of willing and stable vets and retired law enforcement. In some communities, active law enforcement officer might be preferable. I believe in home rule, decide locally the details.
In the long term i i firm believe we must charge our schools with starting a frank discussion about the violence in our society. That is exactly what our schools are supposed to do, educate. The fact is violence is in many ways glorified in our society. I think if we could get our schools to talk about this, in history classes as well as sociology classes. Teach our kids the truth, we have always been a violent rabble of a nation. Once we teach them the past, we start a discussion about what could be, how to break that cycle.
Anyway, thats my thoughts, of course I already so much as admitted my insanity.

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons

So, what you're saying is, teachers are too dumb to be trained?

On the job, I wear a level III retention holster which will prevent most attempts at a gun grab. However, if I'm incapacitated from behind, it will not prevent the assailant from taking the gun from my unconscious form.

Soldiers, on the other hand, wear little or not retention on their primary firearm.
Good lord dude. Even if every armed teacher got adequate training (which wouldn’t happen), it doesn’t change the fact that they are still teachers. Cops and soldiers’ entire mindset is focused on being vigilant to possible threats. It’s not like a teacher can effectively do their jobs if they are constantly on alert for the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school.
And I don’t care how well trained someone is, a 60+ year old 5 foot female teacher is not stopping a 6+ foot male teenager from taking her firearm. She’ll just be the first one he shoots. There’s a reason the vast majority of teachers are against guns in schools.

Sure she will stop him, when she pulls a bead on him and then pulls the trigger.
You just made my point. Your idea of putting guns in classrooms already resulted in a student getting shot.

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

I grew up in the hood. The one place I knew I didnt have to worry about getting shot was at school.

What year? What area?

I never had to worry about getting shot either...in the burbs or when I was like four years old going to the store by myself in Chicago.. I will always remember that...

I am toddling down the street with a dollar in my hand and all the neighbors watching me ...I got to the corner store and this nice guy hands me bread and I walk back.

On the job, I wear a level III retention holster which will prevent most attempts at a gun grab. However, if I'm incapacitated from behind, it will not prevent the assailant from taking the gun from my unconscious form.

Soldiers, on the other hand, wear little or not retention on their primary firearm.
Good lord dude. Even if every armed teacher got adequate training (which wouldn’t happen), it doesn’t change the fact that they are still teachers. Cops and soldiers’ entire mindset is focused on being vigilant to possible threats. It’s not like a teacher can effectively do their jobs if they are constantly on alert for the very unlikely possibility of someone shooting up their school.
And I don’t care how well trained someone is, a 60+ year old 5 foot female teacher is not stopping a 6+ foot male teenager from taking her firearm. She’ll just be the first one he shoots. There’s a reason the vast majority of teachers are against guns in schools.

Really? Look at faun the dumbshit. Here are three of HUNDREDS of similar cases.

‘I tried to kill him’: Pistol-packing granny faces down armed intruder

Elderly Homeowner Shoots Home Invader in Self Defense

Would-be intruder killed by elderly man identified

Grandmother who killed man in pet spa acted in self-defense, DA says

"God made man, but samuel colt made them equal"

- Samual Colt -​
Sounds like a tiny guy that needed something to compensate for being teeny.

You think colt invented the revolver because he was insecure?

Sure she will stop him, when she pulls a bead on him and then pulls the trigger.
You just made my point. Your idea of putting guns in classrooms already resulted in a student getting shot.

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

What year? What area?

I never had to worry about getting shot either...in the burbs or when I was like four years old going to the store by myself in Chicago.. I will always remember that...

I am toddling down the street with a dollar in my hand and all the neighbors watching me ...I got to the corner store and this nice guy hands me bread and I walk back.
Oakland CA in the 90's....

My main concern was getting to and from school without getting shot by a cop or a gang banger. Once at school I could relax a little about the gang bangers because they respected the schools. I still had to worry about the cops though.

Well gee obviously those people are exceptions because they are trained on using and securing their weapons

You think he is going to wait for her to do that? What an idiot you are. :laugh:

Why do you think she's going to wait for him to assault her?

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

What year? What area?

My main concern was getting to and from school without getting shot by a cop or a gang banger. Once at school I could relax a little about the gang bangers because they respected the schools. I still had to worry about the cops though.
Is that why they have metel detectors in schools?

Really? Look at faun the dumbshit. Here are three of HUNDREDS of similar cases.

Elderly Homeowner Shoots Home Invader in Self Defense

Would-be intruder killed by elderly man identified

"God made man, but samuel colt made them equal"

- Samual Colt -​
Sounds like a tiny guy that needed something to compensate for being teeny.

You think colt invented the revolver because he was insecure?
Yes. Its pretty much a known fact.

Link?

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.
More guns is always the answer ( for the NRA)

You think he is going to wait for her to do that? What an idiot you are. :laugh:

Shes going to pull a gun on him before he does anything? Man youre an idiot.
laugh.gif

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

What year? What area?

I guess I am 25 years older then you, my son's were born in 1983 my daughter 1996.

So it was that bad? Chicago was never as bad as people like to make it seem.

laugh.gif

Check post # 192 and be educated....

I just fail to see how people do not understand the concept of, if you ban a weapon, the law abiding citizen will be the only people who don't have them. A person set on harming others will find a way to get them, or find another means to inflict that harm.

Banning a gun isn't going to solve the problem.

Where is that concept getting lost? Do people really think that if you ban the ar15, that mass shootings are going to stop? Or even slow down? Sure, maybe they might slow a little with the ar15, but there are many other semi automatic rifles out there that will do the same thing.

View attachment 177296
Seriously.

What year? What area?

Is that why they have metel detectors in schools?

Did you mean metal? That had metal detectors to make sure kids didnt bring knives and guns into school.

laugh.gif

It happens all the time, dumbshit. Furthermore, we're talking about a situation where we know who the perp is because he's shooting people.

Great, now 15 year old Jimmy the psychopath and others like them who are too young to buy guns can get one for free by knocking out their teacher from behind.

This idea is so dumb that it blows my mind grown adults came up with it.
More guns is always the answer ( for the NRA)

Your only answer is to get rid of guns.. to me they are just a tool.

Forum List

Back