If you were God

Here's a question for y'all...since some are atheists.

You have a button before you. That button will destroy every living human being on the planet but not the earth itself or it's non human inhabitants. Would you push it?

I would. In a heartbeat.

Is there no one on earth you love that you don't wish to see perish?

I'd shake my head......................
I'd grab the people worth saving and put them on a new planet.............of my creating of course............

Then I'd put the earth in a cage and lock the door and walk away.

So you would take the "good" people to a "good" planet?

Who are these "good" people?
Those I deem worthy..............I am God after all..........................Perhaps I'd bring all the nice women with nice tits with me..............
:boobies::boobies::boobies:
Outstanding contribution

If you were running the show, how would the world look, or would there even be a world?

Everyone hates a back seat driver, so take the wheel.......

Godly Things To Do:

- make all weapons on Earth vanish (bladed weapons not tools, guns, bombs, missiles, nukes, germs, everything, all gone along with the machines that made them.)

- having proved I exist with above, heal/cure everyone alive of whatever ailement they have.

- repair enviroment of manmade pollution and issues like cg/gw and return to preindustrial revolution quality circa 1500 CE.

- appear on every computer, tv, electronic billboard globally and say, "Ok I'm back, Sorry, things piling up all over. Now that's everything's fixed and working right, try and get it right THIS time. Can't be popping in everytime someone gets a booboo, take care of each other and the planet yourselves or the next time I pop by I'm gonna throw naughty people into the Sun while keeping them alive to enjoy the experience."

:)
OR.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... you could pray that all those things happen.

Have you ever tried?

So essentially you would prevent them from sinning?

Would you allow suffering as long as it was temporary?

Then again, isn't all suffering temporary?

Not prevent anything. Inspire fear both with proof of my existence and a verbal threat regarding being thrown into a star. Fear is the only thing that has ever kept people in line. Without fear you have anarchy. A god who claims he'll punish you but you don't believe exists isn't scary at all.

Can do whatever they're brave enough to do. But they will be punishsed if "naughty." How they define naughty is up to them. Reason people so much now is they don't believe like they used to. A god that never confirms its authority isn't a god worth being worshipped.

So would you agree with the Biblical notion that the fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom?

It's the age old Machiavellian question. Is it better to be loved or feared? I say both if possible.

As far as existing, according to scripture Adam and Eve knew God existed but they sinned anyway. The Israelites certainly knew God existed as he parted the Red Sea and sent them manna from heaven to eat and had them see the plagues he sent only on the Egyptians, but then they built a golden calf in his stead to worship. I think such people are only tormented by the reality of a God who they do not love

If these stories are true, it would not seem to matter if a God proves his existence or not. What is known in the stories is that the children of Israel feared God, so much so that they asked Moses to talk to God for them instead of God talking to them.

I think for the most part in this world people who "sin" tend to reap what they sow. They don't always, but usually if you abuse yourself or other people it's only a matter of time before it bites you in the arse.

Do we work at our jobs if our employers pays us once or twice then stops paying us?

Your quote reminded me of this scripture.

Luke 12:35-40English Standard Version (ESV)
You Must Be Ready

35 “Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, 36 and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. 38 If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, would not have left his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

So submit to your masters o ye slaves of little worth. God loves a slave more than a free man.

About what I expect a society with slavery to say. While it could be read as a metaphor too, and probably was meant as one originally, it's been used as justify slavery as well.

Paul said he was a slave to God, a willing slave.

In a way, we are all slaves to something. I suppose the best we can hope for is choosing our master.

Jesus said that those that sin become a slave to such sin.

Is this not the case?

if I was God I would only let good angels.... men and women to live around the Universe and love....and I would give respect and total protection to animal life

it's all Good/its all GOD
I can say here that Skyes post is one of the Best Ever.............and considering my past with her.........I can but bow to her and her honest sentiment.steve

If you were running the show, how would the world look, or would there even be a world?

Godly Things To Do:

- make all weapons on Earth vanish (bladed weapons not tools, guns, bombs, missiles, nukes, germs, everything, all gone along with the machines that made them.)

- having proved I exist with above, heal/cure everyone alive of whatever ailement they have.

- repair enviroment of manmade pollution and issues like cg/gw and return to preindustrial revolution quality circa 1500 CE.

- appear on every computer, tv, electronic billboard globally and say, "Ok I'm back, Sorry, things piling up all over. Now that's everything's fixed and working right, try and get it right THIS time. Can't be popping in everytime someone gets a booboo, take care of each other and the planet yourselves or the next time I pop by I'm gonna throw naughty people into the Sun while keeping them alive to enjoy the experience."

OR.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... you could pray that all those things happen.

Have you ever tried?

Rather thanw asting my time in prayer I'd rather directly take on efforts to effect changes. More we let ourselves believe some kind of uber-Santa will do it cuz we ask it to, more likely it becomes problems remains and get worse since no one's doing anything about them.

Godly Things To Do:

Have you ever tried?

Rather thanw asting my time in prayer I'd rather directly take on efforts to effect changes. More we let ourselves believe some kind of uber-Santa will do it cuz we ask it to, more likely it becomes problems remains and get worse since no one's doing anything about them.

How would you live your life if you believed everything that Jesus said was true?

Would you not effect change in the world? In fact, how could you not?

Not prevent anything. Inspire fear both with proof of my existence and a verbal threat regarding being thrown into a star. Fear is the only thing that has ever kept people in line. Without fear you have anarchy. A god who claims he'll punish you but you don't believe exists isn't scary at all.

Can do whatever they're brave enough to do. But they will be punishsed if "naughty." How they define naughty is up to them. Reason people so much now is they don't believe like they used to. A god that never confirms its authority isn't a god worth being worshipped.

So would you agree with the Biblical notion that the fear of God is the beginning of all wisdom?

It's the age old Machiavellian question. Is it better to be loved or feared? I say both if possible.

As far as existing, according to scripture Adam and Eve knew God existed but they sinned anyway. The Israelites certainly knew God existed as he parted the Red Sea and sent them manna from heaven to eat and had them see the plagues he sent only on the Egyptians, but then they built a golden calf in his stead to worship. I think such people are only tormented by the reality of a God who they do not love

If these stories are true, it would not seem to matter if a God proves his existence or not. What is known in the stories is that the children of Israel feared God, so much so that they asked Moses to talk to God for them instead of God talking to them.

I think for the most part in this world people who "sin" tend to reap what they sow. They don't always, but usually if you abuse yourself or other people it's only a matter of time before it bites you in the arse.

Do we work at our jobs if our employers pays us once or twice then stops paying us?

Your quote reminded me of this scripture.

Luke 12:35-40English Standard Version (ESV)
You Must Be Ready

35 “Stay dressed for action and keep your lamps burning, 36 and be like men who are waiting for their master to come home from the wedding feast, so that they may open the door to him at once when he comes and knocks Blessed are those servants whom the master finds awake when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will dress himself for service and have them recline at table, and he will come and serve them. 38 If he comes in the second watch, or in the third, and finds them awake, blessed are those servants! 39 But know this, that if the master of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, would not have left his house to be broken into. 40 You also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.”

So submit to your masters o ye slaves of little worth. God loves a slave more than a free man.

About what I expect a society with slavery to say. While it could be read as a metaphor too, and probably was meant as one originally, it's been used as justify slavery as well.

Paul said he was a slave to God, a willing slave.

In a way, we are all slaves to something. I suppose the best we can hope for is choosing our master.

Jesus said that those that sin become a slave to such sin.

Is this not the case?

Should endeavor not to be enslaved to anything let alone any one. As the Jedi say "let go of attachments." Too easy to become enslaved to things of value even just superficial value. Money, food, fame, work, drugs, etc. all have the potential to enslave us. Even faith can become a master over us. When we surrender our will to act to others, we become their slave. Nothing admirable or noble about being a slave to God. All it means is you're no longer thinking and acting on behalf of yourself and those youc are about since "God will handle everything." That's like being battered wife deferring to her abusive husband in all things and taking all the abuse and emotional stress because you're supposed to. Most of us call those women fools.

Godly Things To Do:

Have you ever tried?

Could you devote a few hours per day doing some sort of charitable work that helps other people?

You told me you retired so you must have the time.

if I was God I would only let good angels.... men and women to live around the Universe and love....and I would give respect and total protection to animal life

it's all Good/its all GOD
I can say here that Skyes post is one of the Best Ever.............and considering my past with her.........I can but bow to her and her honest sentiment.steve

I thank you kindly. :)

if I was God...our fathers ...my father...would still be alive and with us/me....and our loved ones would share eternity with us and laugh with us and walk with us....hold hands....

if I was God

I'm glad you touched upon the notion of love playing such an important role in our existence. Without it, we are pretty much worthless, wouldn't you say?

So what is love? I remember the movie Bruce Almighty where Bruce has all the power in the world EXCEPT to make others love him back.

For you see, if you force others to love you, then it no longer is love.

Godly Things To Do:

Have you ever tried?

Could you devote a few hours per day doing some sort of charitable work that helps other people?

You told me you retired so you must have the time.

On average, most who donate their time and money to those in need are religious.

Atheists tend to be left wingers and to ease their conscience tend to vote for people who will force them to pay more in taxes so that the government will do the job for them.

do not force ....I mean if you force you lose it doesnt count...

love is the huge desire to protect animal creatures everywhere....love is to care about your family and people you love

love is about feeding the hungry .....humans and animals

love is that and more ;)

Covenant House is always looking for funds. They take in homeless kids and give them shelter, food, clothes and love.

Here's the link:

Covenant House

love is the huge desire to protect animal creatures everywhere....love is to care about your family and people you love

love is that and more ;)

God is love.

That is a pretty powerful statement we read in the Bible.

What does it mean to you?

I've always enjoyed reading Paul's definition of love. It really is a thing of beauty.

If I speak in the tongues or languages of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, Some manuscripts body to the flames but do not have love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

love is that and more ;)

God is love.

That is a pretty powerful statement we read in the Bible.

What does it mean to you?

what does it means to me?

it means that my body dies ...but my real self .... leaves this carnal body and goes somewhere else

it means that my body was not all what I thought it to be :)

Forum List

Back