🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you're Episcopalian, the founder of your Church was an adulterer who killed two of his wives

Thanks for that insight. Maybe you should examine the dark state of your own soul before worrying about mine.
I have. Unlike you I don't blame others for my failures, faults and fuck ups. Try to man up, Blackie. Not doing so only makes you look like a spineless fool.
You are a very hateful person, and have no right to judge anyone.

pot meet kettle
LOL. I'll try to do better. :)

I might go to hell, that is a distinct possibility.....
An all loving, all merciful God would not condemn people to eternal Hell and damnation. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that people, due to their own black hearts, put themselves in Hell. God will be waiting for them when they finally see the light.

This might explain why you chose "black" rook over white. It matches your soul.
In other words, the OP's "god" and "hell" are just reflections of himself and his soul....or lack thereof.

Being on the planet with folks like you is Hell.
You don't have to be on this forum reading my posts. All you have to do is close your web browser.
We're discussing your twisted views on religion hon, and you're deciding for god who is going to hell.
I don't know for sure who is going to hell, but I can make an educated guess that you will, based on my reading of the Bible, which says that if you want to go to heaven (1) you have believe in God, and (2) you can't be in a state of sin when you die. Since you don't believe in God, and never go to Confession, it is easy to logically deduce that if any one goes to hell, it will be you. Show me the error in my logic.

You're too ignorant to really have a conversation with and you have no idea what anyone believes. Like you say, you don't follow this stuff yourself and just want to be annoying. G’day.
I am the opposite of ignorant, I know a great deal, and you can't deal with my arguments, so now you're giving up because you can't beat me.
"I am the opposite of ignorant, I know a great deal," :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You are a very hateful person, and have no right to judge anyone.
Disagreed on hate. I do not hate anyone, even the most heinous murderer. In some respects I see us all as forever linked in our humanity no matter how good or how bad. Sure, I fuck up sometimes, lose my temper, but I also do my best to rectify those failures by apologizing and admitting error.

As for judging, ultimately we're all judged. The worst judge? Ourselves. People with big egos judge one way, people with fragile egos judge themselves another way. While many people act tough including a lot of braggadocio bullshit, my experience is that most of them are overcompensating for a lack of self-worth. Judged by themselves, of course.

You? You constantly spread hate against others in one form or another. This is a curious thing for me since I've had a strong interest for decades in figuring out what makes people tick. It's all part of a bigger picture in attempting to understand my fellow mankind. After all, we're not mind readers, eh? ;)
You have gotten too personal in your attacks on me. I took everyone off my ignore list last week, because I'm willing to put up with more bullshit, but you have decided to make this very personal and so I'm putting you on ignore. I think that you, unlike others, are probably pretty smart, but I'm not going to put up with deeply hurtful personal attacks. So goodbye.

King Henry VIII started the Church of England so he could give himself a divorce from Queen Catherine, then he went on to kill two of his wives and divorce another.

Not a good start for a Church is it?

They also were one of the few churches that didn't have a cadre of abolitionists.

Kinda telling that.

An all loving, all merciful God would not condemn people to eternal Hell and damnation. Therefore the only logical conclusion is that people, due to their own black hearts, put themselves in Hell. God will be waiting for them when they finally see the light.

In other words, the OP's "god" and "hell" are just reflections of himself and his soul....or lack thereof.
Since we can't know for sure either way, I agree that the reflection is internal. It's like staring at a grand work of art; the interpretation is in the observer, not the piece itself.

To reiterate earlier thoughts on this thread and others; religion is a tool for exploring our own spirituality. It's not a means unto itself.

Which is your cult of choice?
I'm Catholic.

And before you go on about everything the Catholic Church ever did, or does now, I already know.
Then you know that the Catholics history is full of murders, adultery and deceit...But you want to call other denominations murderers and adulterers .....Next...
I never said Catholics were perfect, but what is true is our Church was founded by Jesus Christ, who WAS perfect.

All the Protestant churches were founded by imperfect men and women who promulgated errors and misled people. These errors have only grown worse over the centuries, not better. It is now true that most Protestant churches accept divorce and birth control, and some of them even accept homosexuality and abortion. And as time progresses, the Protestant churches stray ever further from the truth taught by Christ.
Really? You are too wise in your own eyes!
Jesus did not start a church...
the body of Christ(believers)is His church

There are many roads but, only one way... through Christ

God first allowed for divorce

Hate the sin, not the sinner

We are not sinners because we sin,
We sin because we are sinners

You have gotten too personal in your attacks on me. I took everyone off my ignore list last week, because I'm willing to put up with more bullshit, but you have decided to make this very personal and so I'm putting you on ignore. I think that you, unlike others, are probably pretty smart, but I'm not going to put up with deeply hurtful personal attacks. So goodbye.
Children whine, adults discuss. Your choice. Isn't this the second time you've put me on ignore?

All I said was that King Henry VIII, the founder of English Protestantism, was a bad man, and all of this hate was directed at me.

I'm really astounded at all this hate, and most of it came from non-believers who don't even have a dog in this fight because they aren't Protestants.

I will enjoy your hatred, because it comes from you. You are very bad people, you support abortion, which is the murder of innocent little children.

Any time you try to convince me you are right and I am wrong, I will remember you are the baby killers.
Ah...I get this thread now....it's so the OP can play the victim.

Since we can't know for sure either way, I agree that the reflection is internal. It's like staring at a grand work of art; the interpretation is in the observer, not the piece itself.

To reiterate earlier thoughts on this thread and others; religion is a tool for exploring our own spirituality. It's not a means unto itself.

Actually, engaging in worship with a group of people and via the church is how we CELEBRATE AND PRAISE GOD. Believe it or not, not everything in religion is meant to better the person. A lot of it is about OBEDIENCE and PRAISE and the the GLORIFICATION OF GOD.

Attending church is an act of OBEDIENCE, because we are told we should gather with others...to PRAISE GOD. We don't sing because it's fun, we sing because it's how we GLORIFY GOD. We don't dress up because we want people to be impressed with us. We dress up because it's a sign of RESPECT TO GOD.

And when we do that, we reap the rewards.

But first, we have to obey, and praise. The act itself is what changes the soul. When you only attend church to glean personal satisfaction and introspection and spirituality, you obviously have no idea what church is for.

All I said was that King Henry VIII, the founder of English Protestantism, was a bad man, and all of this hate was directed at me.

I'm really astounded at all this hate, and most of it came from non-believers who don't even have a dog in this fight because they aren't Protestants.

I will enjoy your hatred, because it comes from you. You are very bad people, you support abortion, which is the murder of innocent little children.

Any time you try to convince me you are right and I am wrong, I will remember you are the baby killers.
And there we have it folks! That concludes this thread. See you next time, when blackrook explains why God loves him more, than God loves Jesuits.

No, I was just astounded by the amount of raw hatred generated by this thread and aimed at me. And it didn't even come from Protestants, it came from people who don't even believe in God at all.

No, I was just astounded by the amount of raw hatred generated by this thread and aimed at me. And it didn't even come from Protestants, it came from people who don't even believe in God at all.
Only a fool would believe they know the faith of another. Especially random people on the internet.

Actually, engaging in worship with a group of people and via the church is how we CELEBRATE AND PRAISE GOD. Believe it or not, not everything in religion is meant to better the person. A lot of it is about OBEDIENCE and PRAISE and the the GLORIFICATION OF GOD.

Attending church is an act of OBEDIENCE, because we are told we should gather with others...to PRAISE GOD. We don't sing because it's fun, we sing because it's how we GLORIFY GOD. We don't dress up because we want people to be impressed with us. We dress up because it's a sign of RESPECT TO GOD.

And when we do that, we reap the rewards.

But first, we have to obey, and praise. The act itself is what changes the soul. When you only attend church to glean personal satisfaction and introspection and spirituality, you obviously have no idea what church is for.
Why would an all powerful, all knowing eternal being need praise?

The act of praising God is an act of humility and an act of humility is the first step on a spiritual path. A first step, not a middle one much less the last one.

FWIW, I have no clue what the last one is. :D

More childish whining. You shit all over people then are offended when others point out you should go into a bathroom and wipe your ass.

I learned long that our words frame our thinking (organize and clarify it), and we don't have, one, a full understanding of words [symbols] to clarify our thinking.

We give God a bad rap because we don't have the words and thoughts to know accurately who and what is God.

I've seen from you Blackrook several threads disparaging the religion of others. From Islam to Protestant Christianity, you have demeaned, disparaged and dismissed the faith other folks hold dear. Why is that? As a prostletizer, you won't find many converts if your message is 'your faith is crap and only I know the truth'.

Have you ever heard the old adage, pride forth before the fall?

Perhaps you should adopt a more tolerant attitude for other's religion. Unless your purpose is to belittle other faiths so it can be easier for you and whatever warped followers you may have to actively discriminate, then incarcerate then exterminate those you believe are infidels. We've seen it before. In the middle of the last century in central Europe and in this century in the Middle East. The zealots will always lose. Would you count yourself in their numbers?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back