🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

If you're Episcopalian, the founder of your Church was an adulterer who killed two of his wives

I learned long that our words frame our thinking (organize and clarify it), and we don't have, one, a full understanding of words [symbols] to clarify our thinking.

We give God a bad rap because we don't have the words and thoughts to know accurately who and what is God.
Hmmmm, interesting but not sure I'm following your first paragraph. A person may not know how to express themselves to others in a particular language, but they can certainly have clarity of thought.

Agreed on your second paragraph, especially thoughts, or as I'd put it, concept. How can we mere mortals comprehend a power bigger than the Earth itself much less the entire Universe?

When I was a kid my mother used to take me to her family church that her parents wanted to go to. I never really thought much of it when I was a kid other than how fun it was to get to stand in front of the crowd every Sunday and sing a little song, and of course the annual Easter egg hunt. Later I read about how the religion is for white middle-class and up people and mostly used as a networking group. I quit going when I was 8 or so.

When I was a kid my mother used to take me to her family church that her parents wanted to go to. I never really thought much of it when I was a kid other than how fun it was to get to stand in front of the crowd every Sunday and sing a little song, and of course the annual Easter egg hunt. Later I read about how the religion is for white middle-class and up people and mostly used as a networking group. I quit going when I was 8 or so.
Wow. A lot has changed in the last four to five years for you hasn't it?

I learned long that our words frame our thinking (organize and clarify it), and we don't have, one, a full understanding of words [symbols] to clarify our thinking.

We give God a bad rap because we don't have the words and thoughts to know accurately who and what is God.
Hmmmm, interesting but not sure I'm following your first paragraph. A person may not know how to express themselves to others in a particular language, but they can certainly have clarity of thought.

Agreed on your second paragraph, especially thoughts, or as I'd put it, concept. How can we mere mortals comprehend a power bigger than the Earth itself much less the entire Universe?
Not at all. Have you not caught yourself 'at a loss for words.' Do you have the words for describing exactly what certain music or poetry or painting do to you? If we don't have clarity about ourselves, how can we about deity?

I've seen from you Blackrook several threads disparaging the religion of others. From Islam to Protestant Christianity, you have demeaned, disparaged and dismiss the faith other folks hold dear. Why is that? As a prostletizer, you won't find many converts if your message is 'your faith is crap and only I know the truth'.

Have you ever heard the old adage, pride forth before the fall?

Perhaps you should adopt a more tolerant attitude for other's religion. Unless your purpose is to belittle other faiths so it can be easier for you and whatever warped followers you may have to actively discriminate, then incarcerate then exterminate those you believe are infidels. We've seen it before. In the middle of the last century in central Wurope and in this century in the Middle East. The zealots will always lose. Would you count yourself in their numbers?
I will repeat what I've said before, I'm not "persecuting" anyone, I'm debating religion in a religion forum. Maybe I'm being more honest than people would like, but the fact is, it is perfectly legitimate on this forum to point out the flaws in other people's faiths. Certainly, I don't see anyone holding back when it comes to the Catholic Church, every time I start a thread on Catholicism, it is endless chiming in about how every priest is a pedophile. All I'm doing here is the same thing I see other people doing to Catholicism. You just aren't used to it, because Catholics usually don't fight back. But now you know that if we do, the facts are on our side, and our attacks can be devastating. Get used to it, I'm only beginning.

Wow. A lot has changed in the last four to five years for you hasn't it?

Sure thing boss... but my grandfather on my mother's side was a racist cop, and my mother is a racist. So yes, it makes sense.

All I said was that King Henry VIII, the founder of English Protestantism, was a bad man, and all of this hate was directed at me.

I'm really astounded at all this hate, and most of it came from non-believers who don't even have a dog in this fight because they aren't Protestants.

I will enjoy your hatred, because it comes from you. You are very bad people, you support abortion, which is the murder of innocent little children.

Any time you try to convince me you are right and I am wrong, I will remember you are the baby killers.
Ah...I get this thread now....it's so the OP can play the victim.
No, I was just astounded by the amount of raw hatred generated by this thread and aimed at me. And it didn't even come from Protestants, it came from people who don't even believe in God at all.
Nope...it was quite transparent....you were trolling for victimhood.

I've seen from you Blackrook several threads disparaging the religion of others. From Islam to Protestant Christianity, you have demeaned, disparaged and dismiss the faith other folks hold dear. Why is that? As a prostletizer, you won't find many converts if your message is 'your faith is crap and only I know the truth'.

Perhaps you should adopt a more tolerant attitude for other's religion. Unless your purpose is to belittle other faiths so it can be easier for you and whatever warped followers you may have to actively discriminate, then incarcerate then exterminate those you believe are infidels. We've seen it before. In the middle of the last century in central Wurope and in this century in the Middle East. The zealots will always lose. Would you count yourself in their numbers?
I will repeat what I've said before, I'm not "persecuting" anyone, I'm debating religion in a religion forum. Maybe I'm being more honest than people would like, but the fact is, it is perfectly legitimate on this forum to point out the flaws in other people's faiths. Certainly, I don't see anyone holding back when it comes to the Catholic Church, every time I start a thread on Catholicism, it is endless chiming in about how every priest is a pedophile. All I'm doing here is the same thing I see other people doing to Catholicism. You just aren't used to it, because Catholics usually don't fight back. But now you know that if we do, the facts are on our side, and our attacks can be devastating. Get used to it, I'm only beginning.
Fighting over faith is a fool's errand. My God is better than your Fod. My magic is stronger than your magic. Idiocy.

This is America. Here we tolerate the practices of faiths other than our own. We hold this truth inviolate: we are free to worship as we please.

Anyone who believes that worship is a battlefield truly does not understand why we worship at all. I suggest you cool off and accept the worship of others as their own personal choice and stop promoting yours, or any other, as superior.

Which is your cult of choice?
I'm Catholic.

And before you go on about everything the Catholic Church ever did, or does now, I already know.
I criticize the Episcopalian Church in the way it was founded, but I agree with most of what that church teaches, and a faithful Episcopalian will probably go to heaven.

You, on the other hand, are going to hell.

Unless you repent your wicked ways.

But you probably won't.

You really shouldn't be casting stones then should you now. Man I tell ya, you religiosos can't even get along with one another. You start a thread on another christian sect? Fuck all aya's; all you male dominator god religious fanatics.
I criticize the Episcopalian Church in the way it was founded, but I agree with most of what that church teaches, and a faithful Episcopalian will probably go to heaven.

But you probably won't.
Omg...I can't stand people like you!

How dare you tell anyone they are going to hell!
Furthermore, who will/might probably go to heaven!

You know God's plan for their life...
Circumstances He is creating, working in their life

You are speaking for satan

Not at all. Have you not caught yourself 'at a loss for words.' Do you have the words for describing exactly what certain music or poetry or painting do to you? If we don't have clarity about ourselves, how can we about deity?
Absolutely. I think we're on the same page, we just are not speaking the same language. :)

Sure thing boss... but my grandfather on my mother's side was a racist cop, and my mother is a racist. So yes, it makes sense.
The fact you come from a line of haters is interesting. Even though you claim to disavow hate, clearly you and Blackrook are more alike than different.

The fact you come from a line of haters is interesting. Even though you claim to disavow hate, clearly you and Blackrook are more alike than different.

Wrong. My parents got divorced when I was 11 and I chose to live with my father and was raised mostly by my grandparents on my father's side. In fact I went over 10 years without even speaking to my mother or her side of the family. Good try though. I can't stand racist, they are some of the most ignorant people on this planet. Keep picking at me stooge, and keep failing. :)

Fighting over faith is a fool's errand. My God is better than your Fod. My magic is stronger than your magic. Idiocy.

This is America. Here we tolerate the practices of faiths other than our own. We hold this truth inviolate: we are free to worship as we please.

Anyone who believes that worship is a battlefield truly does not understand why we worship at all. I suggest you cool off and accept the worship of others as their own personal choice and stop promoting yours, or any other, as superior.
Then don't get on a "Religion Forum" dumbass, because debating religion is why we have this forum. You people act all shocked because I dared to attack Protestantism, yet you never say a word when Catholicism is the target. I guess Catholics are supposed to just suck it up and take it, never give back what we get every fucking day.

Which is your cult of choice?
I'm Catholic.

And before you go on about everything the Catholic Church ever did, or does now, I already know.

But you probably won't.

You really shouldn't be casting stones then should you now. Man I tell ya, you religiosos can't even get along with one another. You start a thread on another christian sect? Fuck all aya's; all you male dominator god religious fanatics.

But you probably won't.
Omg...I can't stand people like you!

How dare you tell anyone they are going to hell!
Furthermore, who will/might probably go to heaven!

You know God's plan for their life...
Circumstances He is creating, working in their life

You are speaking for satan
When you say I'm speaking for Satan, you are doing the same exact thing I am doing when I tell people they are going to hell.

Wrong. My parents got divorced when I was 11 and I chose to live with my father and was raised mostly by my grandparents on my father's side. In fact I went over 10 years without even speaking to my mother or her side of the family. Good try though. I can't stand racist, they are some of the most ignorant people on this planet. Keep picking at me stooge, and keep failing. :)
"I went over 10 years without even speaking to my mother or her side of the family." Thanks for the background, but that seems like a lot of anger on your side. MLK, not to mention Jesus, Gandhi and Buddha, knew the path to spiritual awareness and the betterment of mankind is through forgiveness, not hate, shunning or division.

When you say I'm speaking for Satan, you are doing the same exact thing I am doing when I tell people they are going to hell.
When you spread hate instead of love, you are preaching Satanism, not the words of Christ.

"I went over 10 years without even speaking to my mother or her side of the family." Thanks for the background, but that seems like a lot of anger on your side. MLK, not to mention Jesus, Gandhi and Buddha, knew the path to spiritual awareness and the betterment of mankind is through forgiveness, not hate, shunning or division.

And... ? My mother cheated on my father for years and treated me like shit. Her family were racist. Sorry but I'm not a masochist and my father left the decision up to me whether to have anything to do with them.

You do realize you just contradicted yourself? First I must be racist and full of hate too because of who raised me..." Then saying I'm full of hate for not wanting to be around people who exude hate and racism... How about you take 15 minutes away from the keyboard to get your shit together, because you aren't making any sense right now. :lmao:

When you spread hate instead of love, you are preaching Satanism, not the words of Christ.

Coming from a person who trolls on the forum using passive-aggressive statements... and then tries to tell others to act like a better person. Damn dude, you do realize that higher powers look down upon people like you that do the opposite of what they preach more than people who admit doing bad things?

:lmao:

....You do realize you just contradicted yourself? First I must be racist and full of hate too because of who raised me..." Then saying I'm full of hate for not wanting to be around people who exude hate and racism... How about you take 15 minutes away from the keyboard to get your shit together, because you aren't making any sense right now. :lmao:
Do you realize that a physicist describing the Big Bang to a six year old in purely scientific terms is like reading the US Constitution to a dog?

Forum List

Back