If you're inclined to say 'America is the greatest nation in the world' why?

What country has 310 million people that can have free Internet access, free cell phone, free food, can travel across state lines with out a passport. Can be taken care of in a hospital FREE? What country also has so many choices of food that it leads the world in obese people?

Not the U.S.
Here is what the "poor" have today that "WE" (my dad in 1960 made $400/month and took care of a family of 4 kids and wife who didn't work)
Today this is what the family living in "poverty (as we did supposedly... in 1960 with NO aid...)

People in poverty in the USA get:

a) Free Cell phone (my cell phone I PAY about $100/month including a tax that pays for this free phone...)
if the poor person receives just one of the below FREE entitlements:
* Food stamps * Medicaid * Section 8 * Supplemental Security Income * National School Lunch Program

b) 46 million Americans on food stamps get $200/month in free food.

it cost $75.7 billion in 2011 compared to $35 billion in 2008; and enrollment has hit an all-time high of 46.7 million recipients.
Meanwhile, the number of children receiving free school lunches has inflated from 18 to 21 million — an unprecedented jump —
about 2.1 million households (6 million) use Section 8 the Housing Choice Voucher program, pays a large
c) portion of the rents and utilities of or the Housing Choice Voucher Program up to $1,000 /month in FREE housing...
So these people get:
=== $ 5,666 in Earned Income Credit i.e. a check from Uncle Sam instead of paying they get a check!!!
=== $12,000 free housing , Section 8 will pay up to $1,000/month
=== $ 2,400 free food,
=== $ 1,200 in free cell phone plus
=== $ 5,000 a year in free health care from Medicaid.
So this is about $26,000 a year in FREE MONEY, free goods and free services...

Median income in 1960 was $468

Right! And my Dad feed our family of 6 on $400 per month BECAUSE we worked in 4 different gardens, mowed lawns, shoveled snow....
But we weren't POOR!
Median family income in 1960 was $5,620.

http://www.bls.gov/opub/uscs/1960-61.pdf

That's what I said why don't you divide 5620 by 12

I don't believe idiots who don't source their "facts".... that's why I supplied the link idiot!

What is your question? You realize that was in response to Healthmyths remark about free cellphones don't you?
The Obama Phone

I don't have a question.

I was just pointing out that you're a lying pile of shit, and stupid to boot.

Cell phones under Reagan....

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dumbass, the phone program was started under Reagan. Read the link.

AND who f...king cares???? The point was in response what other country gives the poor such devices?

Dumbass, the phone program was started under Reagan. Read the link.

Stupidfuck - Lifeline applies ONLY to land line phones, even today.

You claimed that giving "da po" cellphones started under Reagan - a totally bullshit claim that you simply made up.

Hear a lot of presidential wannabes saying this which results in predictable if meaningless applause. So what is it they're thinking of that makes us better than everyone else? What would you think of if inclined to say such a thing?

Four days after America's nationally televised, wildly popular hotdog eating contests,

you have to ask THAT question?

Comon!

Hear a lot of presidential wannabes saying this which results in predictable if meaningless applause. So what is it they're thinking of that makes us better than everyone else? What would you think of if inclined to say such a thing?

Here's a little test to help you understand: How many people want to live here, and how many people want to leave?

P.S. Just got your ass handed to you, eh?

How many Americans think we should take in more immigrants?

Here's a little test to help you understand: How many people want to live here, and how many people want to leave?

So America's the greatest because of immigrants. Strange ya don't see that on many GOP bumperstickers.

P.S. :)

NOTE almost EVERY conservative like me understands the difference between "Illegal immigrants" and "Legal immigrants"!
Obviously you don't see the gross distinction as I've relatives that have become naturalized citizens i.e. "legal immigrants".
Why are people that break the law given a break? Given welfare? Given healthcare?

Pay attention Delta, there is a big distinction and a big LIE that conservatives don't like Immigrants, I'm happy with millions comming here as
long as we know who they are and do not have a criminal background The assimilation process is also where our leaders get a big FAIL.

I have NO PROBLEM with "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS"!!! Legal immigrants!!! Legal Immigrants!!!

I have NO PROBLEM with "LEGAL IMMIGRANTS"!!! Legal immigrants!!! Legal Immigrants!!!

Then change the law so that all these people coming in illegally won't have to come in illegally, if that's what you want.

You find that unusual for people to think their country is the best?

Then change the law so that all these people coming in illegally won't have to come in illegally, if that's what you want.

Then why would that be fair to my daughter-in-law who paid the money who read the rules, who took the classes, and abided by all the laws THAT EXIST
NOW!
What is wrong with enforcing what we have NOW???

You think North Korea is better? What are you? A Dennis Rodman fan?

America is the greatest nation on Earth - I have already explained why. You and the other America haters claim otherwise, yet fail to hold up a better nation and explain WHY it is better.

You think North Korea is better? What are you? A Dennis Rodman fan?

America is the greatest nation on Earth - I have already explained why. You and the other America haters claim otherwise, yet fail to hold up a better nation and explain WHY it is better.
Oh, well why didn't you say so in the first place? I thought you were a Communist basketball fan.

Forum List

Back