If you're working for minimum wage your financial problems are yours alone

I wonder GrampsM, if slavery wasn't illegal would you also be the guy making threads about how being a slave is your own damn fault?
You are a fucking idiot and I welcome the moderation. Fuck off

So you wouldn't? Right?

So there you go, you are in perfect position to understand why some wouldn't want near-slave wages to be legal.

On both counts there is a moral component to the question. It maybe very well be someone's fault, doesn't make it moral.

How about no minimum wage? Let the market determine wages based on your skills and work ethic.

Why not bring back slavery and child labor as well?

Unions and a minimum wage is why America had such a vibrant middle class.

Nope it was all about World War II why the middle class flourished..

WWII was about how outright communism won the war through full employment of resources for that command economic, effort.

Where I live the grocery stores pay $10.00 an hour to stock shelves and cant find anyone to work
How much of bonus did the CEO get last year; he may not be worth as much this year, if the CEO cannot increase the profit of that Firm.

there are no unfilled positions; only positions that don't pay enough. please stop with the wealth, chauvinism.
there are no positions that do not pay enough, only people that are too greedy and conceited to accept that they are not worth what they think they are. And I dont care how many advanced degrees you have, if you are flipping a burger you deserve minimum wage to perform that task.
So stop with the employers can afford anything attitude.
it is employers who are the greedy ones; they are not working for a minimum wage.
why should they work for minimum wage? they are the ones taking all of the risk. Should they be compensated for the risk they are exposing themselves to in order to employ others and stimulate the economy?
Im sure if you owned a major corporation, or you were the CEO, you would limit you pay to the same as what the guy sweeping the floor is paid.
it is just money when you say risk. try doing it without money. that is even riskier. Capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment is official policy that simply helps the rich get richer faster by making the poor work harder for less.
have you ever risked anything to open a business?

No?

When my wife and I started our business 10 years ago we risked everything to do so all of our savings, most of our retirement, and we took a 50K loan if it failed we would have been living in our car

until you do that don't talk to me about running a business or employing people
yes, i have. i had to go the Constitutional law route. i live at home with mom, and am only sometimes glad, she doesn't have a basement.

i plan on going, LLC, next time.

there are no positions that do not pay enough, only people that are too greedy and conceited to accept that they are not worth what they think they are. And I dont care how many advanced degrees you have, if you are flipping a burger you deserve minimum wage to perform that task.
So stop with the employers can afford anything attitude.
it is employers who are the greedy ones; they are not working for a minimum wage.
why should they work for minimum wage? they are the ones taking all of the risk. Should they be compensated for the risk they are exposing themselves to in order to employ others and stimulate the economy?
Im sure if you owned a major corporation, or you were the CEO, you would limit you pay to the same as what the guy sweeping the floor is paid.
it is just money when you say risk. try doing it without money. that is even riskier. Capitalism's, natural rate of unemployment is official policy that simply helps the rich get richer faster by making the poor work harder for less.

No?

When my wife and I started our business 10 years ago we risked everything to do so all of our savings, most of our retirement, and we took a 50K loan if it failed we would have been living in our car

yes, i have. i had to go the Constitutional law route. i live at home with mom, and am only sometimes glad, she doesn't have a basement.

I totally believe that part about you living with mommy but nothing else

No adult should show up for minimum wage and do a good job. That I believe. The employer doest deserve good workers for that.

minimum work for a minimum wage?

That's why they earn the minimum wage
do you start employees off with a bonus and inform them, if they are lazy, their wage will go down?

That would be stupid. You inform them that if they work their wages will go up and if they don't work they will be fired. Most of them say they want to work hard and do dick and get fired. But you do get the occasional good one and I do then pay them more to keep them and keep them happy

No?

your having nothing but fallacy proves you right, twice a day.

No adult should show up for minimum wage and do a good job. That I believe. The employer doest deserve good workers for that.

do you start employees off with a bonus and inform them, if they are lazy, their wage will go down?

That would be stupid. You inform them that if they work their wages will go up and if they don't work they will be fired. Most of them say they want to work hard and do dick and get fired. But you do get the occasional good one and I do then pay them more to keep them and keep them happy
what if, they only tell you they want an employment relationship with you, because you are easy and put out jobs?

No?

Oh I'm right about you 100% of the time

why do I have the feeling that you will do the minimum work for any wage?

lousy HR intuition? stick to professionals.
says the guy who has never employed anyone
actually, i have. it was not for the minimum wage. and, if hire anyone in the future, it will be for fifteen dollars an hour, to make sure i know what i want done; and not just fake it to look good, for a minimum wage.

No?

Oh I'm right about you 100% of the time
only through special pleading.

what if, they only tell you they want an employment relationship with you, because you are easy and put out jobs?

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side

actually, i have. it was not for the minimum wage. and, if hire anyone in the future, it will be for fifteen dollars an hour, to make sure i know what i want done; and not just fake it to look good, for a minimum wage.
yeah right for your nonexistent business that you run out of your bedroom at mommy's house

FYI I never hired anyone for MW be cause the skill sets I need are worth more than MW

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

yeah right for your nonexistent business that you run out of your bedroom at mommy's house

FYI I never hired anyone for MW be cause the skill sets I need are worth more than MW

Yes, I've owned five businesses and only two of them had any minimum wage workers. They are certainly the minimum quality workers. The younger ones have the best chance because they may be minimum wage because they have no skills or experience. The older they are, the more certain you are that they are just losers.

Basically it's a non-stop sifting process where you keep bringing a bunch of them in the door and sending most of them right out the back door just hoping to find the few who are worth keeping

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side
How is your budget; showing off or investing in your business and employees?

Forum List

Back