Illinois Firearm Identification card ruled unConstitutional in state court....yes, this is correct.

There you go making shit up again.

I never once mentioned race.

You said Urban Shitholes.. everyone knew exactly what you meant.

Banning guns won't stop the illegal trafficking of guns.

Um.. yeah, about that. The UK, France, Japan, Italy have all banned guns... and they don't have anywhere near the problems we have. Germany didn't ban guns, but it isn't a "right" and they are very selective in who they let own them, and they don't have anywhere near the problems we have.

So banning guns won't stop the illegal trafficking of guns, except in every country that has banned guns and have done exactly that.

And tell me why should anyone who is not legally prohibited from pwning firearms be told they can't own a firearm just because someone else obtains a gun illegally?

Because when guns are obtained illegally, they start their life with someone who did obtain them legally. Theft or resale, most guns start as "legal".

Can I take your drivers license away because someone else drives drunk?

Well, let's look at that argument.

To operate a car, I have to be licensed.
The car has to be registered and insured.
We have massive amounts of regulations, signs, cameras, police officers regulating when and where we use our cars.
The car has to meet a whole lot of regulations about performance, noise emission, pollution standards and so on.
Certain kinds of vehicles require a higher standard of licensing

Oh, yeah, and we have BASSET rules that bartenders can't keep pouring you drinks until you get sloppy drunk and go out and drive.

Now, let's not forget, the whole subject of this thread was "Oh my God, the Illinois FOID card has been ruled unconstitutional!" because IL tried to at least track who has guns.

"BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FOUNDING FATHERS WANTED!!!!!" screech the gun nuts.

No, they didn't think cars would be a thing, so thankfully we can regulate them so that everyone can get on the road with thousands of other cars and know that some unlicensed jerk with an unlicensed car isn't going to drive out on the road after drinking 80 Proof Skullcracker and kill them.

Does this still happen? Yup. But a lot less than if we had no rules on cars because someone interpreted the constitution in a stupid way

Also, the Auto Industry and Liquor industry, say what you want about them, have strove to make their products safer and use them more repsonsiblity.

The Gun Industry is doing pretty much the opposite of that. More guns. more powerful guns. Less restrictions. Marketed to the craziest people out there.

Ever wonder why?

Hint, because scary darkies with gun will make you all scared, too. And want to buy more guns.

Okay then, like cars, we'll license and register your gun if you take it off your property. Just like you can store and drive a car on your own property without registering or licensing it or having a driver's license, you may keep and use a gun without government regulations as long as it stays on your property. Good enough?

Um.. yeah, about that. The UK, France, Japan, Italy have all banned guns... and they don't have anywhere near the problems we have. Germany didn't ban guns, but it isn't a "right" and they are very selective in who they let own them, and they don't have anywhere near the problems we have.

So banning guns won't stop the illegal trafficking of guns, except in every country that has banned guns and have done exactly that.

And tell me why should anyone who is not legally prohibited from pwning firearms be told they can't own a firearm just because someone else obtains a gun illegally?

Because when guns are obtained illegally, they start their life with someone who did obtain them legally. Theft or resale, most guns start as "legal".

We have massive amounts of regulations, signs, cameras, police officers regulating when and where we use our cars.
The car has to meet a whole lot of regulations about performance, noise emission, pollution standards and so on.

Oh, yeah, and we have BASSET rules that bartenders can't keep pouring you drinks until you get sloppy drunk and go out and drive.

Now, let's not forget, the whole subject of this thread was "Oh my God, the Illinois FOID card has been ruled unconstitutional!" because IL tried to at least track who has guns.

No, they didn't think cars would be a thing, so thankfully we can regulate them so that everyone can get on the road with thousands of other cars and know that some unlicensed jerk with an unlicensed car isn't going to drive out on the road after drinking 80 Proof Skullcracker and kill them.

Does this still happen? Yup. But a lot less than if we had no rules on cars because someone interpreted the constitution in a stupid way

Also, the Auto Industry and Liquor industry, say what you want about them, have strove to make their products safer and use them more repsonsiblity.

The Gun Industry is doing pretty much the opposite of that. More guns. more powerful guns. Less restrictions. Marketed to the craziest people out there.

Ever wonder why?

Hint, because scary darkies with gun will make you all scared, too. And want to buy more guns.

No YOU assumed you know what I meant.

I meant what I said no more no less. I don't speak in code.

And anything obtained illegally starts out legally owned at some point. Every car stolen was legally owned before it was stolen. SO what? The original legal owners of stolen property are not complicit in the theft.

Those restrictions only apply if you want to drive a car on publicly owned roads. You don't have to have any of those things to operate a car on private property.

There are no restrictions on how much alcohol you can buy at a liquor store and none on how much you can drink in your own home.

And liquor is no more safe than it has ever been.

And I don't know what more powerful guns you are talking about. The most common calibers have been around forever.

And I don't want to buy more guns as I have what I want. Oh and I don't own an AR 15 so don't go there.

And you seem not to realize that the right to own a firearm is not the right to discharge that firearm. No one has the right to discharge a firearm and if you do so in self defense you have to prove it was justified.

Ever wonder why?

Okay then, like cars, we'll license and register your gun if you take it off your property. Just like you can store and drive a car on your own property without registering or licensing it or having a driver's license, you may keep and use a gun without government regulations as long as it stays on your property. Good enough?

I disagree with that.

Anyone who can legally own a firearm should be able to carry concealed.

Carrying a gun and shooting a gun are two completely different things. The right to keep and bear is not a right to fire that weapon. Even if you do fire in self defense you have to prove it was justified.

Nope. I am not aware you can own a car and never take it off your property.

You're not aware of a lot of things

And anything obtained illegally starts out legally owned at some point. Every car stolen was legally owned before it was stolen. SO what? The original legal owners of stolen property are not complicit in the theft.

Here's the thing... when a car is stolen, it's investigated. There's a reason why it's called "Grand theft, Auto".

You can come up with a whole lot of mumbo-jumbo, but the reason why automobile ownership works, is because it's regulated.

We need to do that with guns...

Here's the thing... when a car is stolen, it's investigated. There's a reason why it's called "Grand theft, Auto".

You can come up with a whole lot of mumbo-jumbo, but the reason why automobile ownership works, is because it's regulated.

We need to do that with guns...

And what happens when a gun is reported stolen?

The cops don't investigate? If they don't how is that the fault of the person who had his gun stolen?

Check into it.

Whatever, no one owns a car to just have it... they own it for a reason.

There is actually NO GOOD REASON to own a gun.

Actually, there are many good reasons to own guns. You don't have to like them. And yes, people do own cars just to own them. See Jay Leno's garage lately? Ever watch Hoarders?

Where did I say it was OK? If you're going to tell me what I said use the quote function. Don't fabricate a statement, attribute it to me than argue against that fabrication

Sureh... here's what you said.

The majority of which occurred in urban shit holes with illegally possessed firearms

See, you said it was perfectly fine that all the darkies in the "Urban Shitholes" were the victims of gun violence.

I said that is where most violence occurs and that most of the firearms used are illegally obtained.

That is a statement of fact, there is no judgement attached

I think when you called them "Urban Shitholes', you demonstrated your racism pretty well. It's okay they are being murdered because they live in Urban Shitholes...

And when one of these cities try to ban guns, your side is the first one to take them to court screaming that the Founding Slave Rapists wanted every young street gang to have a machine gun with a 100 round clip because Freedom or something.
Lol
Only fucking morons like yourself look at everything through race... And it’s called a magazine not a clip you fucking retard

Ever wonder why?

Lol
You need to get out of your mothers basement more often.
Firearm ownership is an right, vehicle ownership is not an right you fucking retard... so your whole argument is irrelevant so shut the fuck up you fucking retard.

Why would anyone oppose a firearm ID card?

Makes buying a gun easier. Just show your ID and you are out the door

1) Criminals don't get them.....so it doesn't stop criminals from getting illegal guns.

2) If they aren't free, they are unConstitutional, since you can't charge a tax for the exercise of a Right.

3) If it is required to simply exercise a Right, it is unConstitutional.

4) They won't stop mass public shooters, who will get them, then buy guns, then shoot innocent people.

Other than those 4 things, why would anyone want to pay money to exercise a Right?
What does that have to do with you?

Want to buy a gun, swipe your card and you are out the door
Makes your life easier
Lol
Sounds like firearm registration to me, which leads to firearm confiscation...

Great ruling.

A tax on a Constitutional right. Just like the court found that a poll tax on voting was unconstitutional.

Two court victories for the right to keep and bear arms in the last two weeks.

Keep 'em coming!

Whatever, no one owns a car to just have it... they own it for a reason.

There is actually NO GOOD REASON to own a gun.
Lol
Says a cowardly punk sitting in his mother’s basement...
internet-tough-guy-troll.jpeg

Ever wonder why?

. The UK, France, Japan, Italy have all banned guns... and they don't have anywhere near the problems we have.

They didn't have the problem with guns when Britain and France allowed their people to have guns...and Japan is a police state, the very thing you bitch about here on U.S.messageboard.......the French and British police both state that they can't stop criminals from getting illegal guns. British police just stated they can't stop the increasing flow of illegal guns into Britain....

You don't know what you are talking about....

Britain and France had their countries destroyed by the War....they are now catching up in the destruction of their nuclear familiy, with more and more unwed, teenage girls raising young males without fathers...and their violence rates are showing increases in murder and violence...it isn't guns, dipstick...it is the underlying culture....

How do we know? Because as more Americans own and carry guns for the last 26 years, that means more people with more guns, and over 17.25 million Americans carrying them for self defense....our gun murder rate went down 49%.....something your theory can't explain......our gun violence rate went down 75%....something your theory can't explain.....

More guns, less gun murder and less gun violence...which you can't explain.

Ever wonder why?

Nope, can't even do that since owning and carrying a gun is a Right....and Rights don't stop at your property line...

Forum List

Back