I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

We don't need our government's permission to have weapons, you commie barfbag.

I see....so you'll stick your head into the sand and forget about those issues that directly point to a liberal policy failures but you'll hold your nose and point to the "other guy" as the person NOT to vote for. And don't for one minute think I'm singling you out - I'm not. I point to 99% of the "so called' liberals who are so damned quick to throw stones...while living in glass houses.

All that any of us can do in this day and age is vote our conscience. I sleep just fine. I'm often disappointed, but I sleep just fine.

This is where you and I disagree. I DON'T sleep well at night. I see this country falling apart. As surely as the sun rises in the East. Jesus - have you SEEN the two "candidates" that are being put forth this year!?!?! A fucking liar and thief and a fucking liar and a thief. This country is eating itself.

Big picture.

As bad as it seems for this election in this here and now, humanity is still progressing towards fairness and justice with sights on the stars. Thanks in no small part to The US Constitution, the last 500 years have seen a lot of maturation in how Momma's little bastards exploit each other. A lot of progress indeed!

You liberals slay me. "fairness and justice". For whom? The rich? The "elite"? The "pseudos-intellectuals"? I promise you, you aren't talking about the majority of humanity. Nice try, though.

"I have a dream...."​

Dreamers and visionaries understand the value of imagining the way things could be.

Self Governance 101

Fair and simple tax codes...
Public budgets that are balanced by law....
Transparency in public spending and policy....

Then, build an economy that your kids can drive to the stars.

Still not rocket science, y'all :smoke:
Those are conservative values.....

If you cherish those principles, why did you vote Obama?

Fuck your labels. Those are concepts and ideas that just make common sense. They need nothing else.

The problem with them has always been that they're not very good at producing private profits using public risk.

For that you need complicated tax codes and a shit-load of lawyers :thup:

I know! I know!!

Weird, eh? :dunno:

All that any of us can do in this day and age is vote our conscience. I sleep just fine. I'm often disappointed, but I sleep just fine.

This is where you and I disagree. I DON'T sleep well at night. I see this country falling apart. As surely as the sun rises in the East. Jesus - have you SEEN the two "candidates" that are being put forth this year!?!?! A fucking liar and thief and a fucking liar and a thief. This country is eating itself.

Big picture.

As bad as it seems for this election in this here and now, humanity is still progressing towards fairness and justice with sights on the stars. Thanks in no small part to The US Constitution, the last 500 years have seen a lot of maturation in how Momma's little bastards exploit each other. A lot of progress indeed!

You liberals slay me. "fairness and justice". For whom? The rich? The "elite"? The "pseudos-intellectuals"? I promise you, you aren't talking about the majority of humanity. Nice try, though.

"I have a dream...."​

Dreamers and visionaries understand the value of imagining the way things could be.

Self Governance 101

Fuck your labels. Those are concepts and ideas that just make common sense. They need nothing else.

The problem with them has always been that they're not very good at producing private profits using public risk.

I know! I know!!

Yes....they are common sense to conservatives....liberals, not so much....have you noticed your Obamas attack on the 2A?

I'm a 21st century conservative and a retired Cop and a life member of the NRA. I let my CCP lapse because I don't want the responsibility of going around armed with a weapon and risking being shot by an untrained local Sheriff or listening the the liberal left whining. I keep several weapons at home and don't need to lock my doors.

Still musing that an obvious mental defective (liberal) could be allowed to buy any sort of weapon.

Freedom baby!

Liberalism is an ideology based in liberty. Please carefully note that, while I've espoused my liberal views liberally and I've labeled myself as liberal, I do not think of myself as belonging to the US Democratic Political Party any more than I consider myself a Republican.

Truth be told I like watching the extremist driven wheels flying off of the Republican wagon and I'm looking forward to having viable choices from the right to choose from once again.

Win lose or draw, Donald Trump will change the Republican Message - we'll have to see what Trickle Down concepts survive.
You mean like slavery? Jim Crow? Segreggration? Separate but equal? Internment of citizens? Like that liberal 'liberty', baby?

Why did you vote Obama?

Twisting definitions do not change words.

As I've stated, the two reasons I voted for Obama, in chronological order are, McCain / Palin and Romney / Ryan.
So you liked Obamas stance on banning guns? Never having a federal budget? Increasing complexity of the tax code? Or lack of transparency?

Going in I liked his optimism and his willingness as a politician to finally start calling 'bullshit' on the corporate bullshitters behind the scenes of all this bullshit. I saw Hillary in 2008 as the establishment selection from the left to placate the sheep after bilking the planet with mass success culminating with the administration of Bush II. McCain was an aging Trickle-down carney with spectacular tits. This Obama kid made sense.

I really liked his first State O' The Union..... I think that right after that speech he was sat down and told how he was pretty much going to keep things running just like George had kept things running for the previous 8 years.

If the McCain campaign was a carnival sideshow for a dying Trickle Down made louder by Gerrymandering, Romney / Ryan pushed the same juice while relying on filtering their lives through ancient Arab stories, one original, and one severely twisted, both mere works of fiction - my humble opinion.

I'm disappointed in President Obama and the way he suddenly stopped skewering moneyed influence in D.C., but I think that history will judge him well. Compared to the $4+ per gallon we were paying when he took the wheel from Georgie, I for one appreciate $2 gas, ass-u-me-ing a president actually has that kind of influence in the energy industry. In general, the economy is better than it was 8 years ago and..... I still have all of my guns and I feel no direct threat to that fact. I'll bet a dollar that all y'alls guns are also right where you expect them to be.

The good news is that we don't have to trust the politicians! We have to know them and we have to judge them, but we don't have to trust them. We can trust in The US Constitution!!

We can trust in The US Constitution just as surely as we can trust in our US Citizenship. :thup:

Freedom baby!

Liberalism is an ideology based in liberty. Please carefully note that, while I've espoused my liberal views liberally and I've labeled myself as liberal, I do not think of myself as belonging to the US Democratic Political Party any more than I consider myself a Republican.

Truth be told I like watching the extremist driven wheels flying off of the Republican wagon and I'm looking forward to having viable choices from the right to choose from once again.

Win lose or draw, Donald Trump will change the Republican Message - we'll have to see what Trickle Down concepts survive.

Sonny - you haven't been "free" for the last 40 years.

Like I said, Brother - 'I have a dream...'

Big picture.

"I have a dream...."​

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

Yes....they are common sense to conservatives....liberals, not so much....have you noticed your Obamas attack on the 2A?

I haven't. Considering his time left in office I question the relevance, but if you have a link to a story about Obama attacking the Second Amendment, I'll check it out.

Big picture.

"I have a dream...."​

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

I haven't. Considering his time left in office I question the relevance, but if you have a link to a story about Obama attacking the Second Amendment, I'll check it out.

Big picture.

"I have a dream...."​

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

They make sense to a Stalinist bootlicker. Normal people, on the other hand, are repelled.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

And yet you have it!!!! :happy-1:

Unless of course you're a felon and that permission has been suspended by the government :nono:

Weird how that works, no? :wink_2:

Unless of course you're a felon and that permission has been suspended by the government :nono:

I have it regardless of what the government says. The government exists to protect my right to defend myself..not to *grant* me the right to defend myself.

That's probably too subtle for your brainwashedness.

For the benefit of your thread....how do you vote?

Just like I have your "permission" to watch FOX News.

It's weird that you think you're posting any kind of a convincing argument.

That will end not long after Hillary gets elected.

Bullshit!

She does not have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to compel us to turn in our hand guns and rifles.

She MIGHT get legislation delaying purchases of weapons and bulk ammo by folks who're on the no-fly lists, but I wouldn't make a bet on that horse.

I will however, bet you a dollar that the guns that you and I have in our homes would survive a pair of Hillary administrations just as surely as our guns survived eight years of President Obama.

It cracks me up how fragile some of y'all must think that The Second Amendment must be.

With control of congress she can..she will get rid of the Lawful Commerce in Arms act and then the gun makers will be sued out of business, having done nothing to deserve it...also...she is going to appoint left wing judges who will cancel Heller and McDonald the first chance they get.....

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

What does licensing law abiding gun owners do? And who should pay for it? it is against the law to charge money for the Right to vote...licensing is charging money for the Right to bear arms.

Big picture.

"I have a dream...."​

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

I'm unimpressed. The one thing that they all seem to agree on is that the executive order in question isn't going to change anything... but they all used some variance of "trample on The Second Amendment...".

Fear editorial. Even AVG-JOE Biden doesn't have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to "trample" our Second Amendment rights!

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

I'm unimpressed. The one thing that they all seem to agree on is that the executive order in question isn't going to change anything... but they all used some variance of "trample on The Second Amendment...".

Fear editorial. Even AVG-JOE Biden doesn't have the political capital to pass the kind of legislation required to "trample" our Second Amendment rights!

They don't have to pass legislation...they just have to end the Lawful Commerce in Arms act, and put judges on the bench...and we have see a couple of rulings already that limit the 2nd Amendment........

Self Governance 101

I know! I know!!

Chuckie fucking Schumer does....he will be second in command of the senate when Harry fuckup reid leaves at the end of this session.....

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

What does licensing law abiding gun owners do? And who should pay for it? it is against the law to charge money for the Right to vote...licensing is charging money for the Right to bear arms.
By golly you're right. The cost of the hardware and the ammo is bad enough.

I would totally vote for state issued identification cards which indicate driving skills, weapons clearances and polling place information being issued absolutely free of charge. Requiring ID to vote, operate a motor vehicle and handle deadly weapons just makes good common sense.

Forum List

Back