I’m a 21st Century American, I’m a Liberal, and I’m Armed.

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

What does licensing law abiding gun owners do? And who should pay for it? it is against the law to charge money for the Right to vote...licensing is charging money for the Right to bear arms.
By golly you're right. The cost of the hardware and the ammo is bad enough.

I would totally vote for state issued identification cards which indicate driving skills, weapons clearances and polling place information being issued absolutely free of charge. Requiring ID to vote, operate a motor vehicle and handle deadly weapons just makes good common sense.

Joseph Stalin would be so proud of you.

Me?

The only reason I can think of to take a gun from you is if there was something else of value or money involved and we both thought it was a good trade.

You actions don't match your words however.....forgive me for being confused, I was just speaking with a few Obama voters here in DC who wanted to,take my guns.....

So the lesson there would be to understand that neither the left or the right has a monopoly on extremism.

I do NOT see those voices growing loud enough to cause the legislation required to take away any weapons already sold.

I agree with denying weapons to people who find themselves on a no-fly list, and I think state issued gun licenses is a good idea, but I don't see legislation for the latter getting any traction in the next 12 years. If the former gets discussed and/or passed, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

P.S. - What actions don't match my words? :dunno:

What does licensing law abiding gun owners do? And who should pay for it? it is against the law to charge money for the Right to vote...licensing is charging money for the Right to bear arms.
By golly you're right. The cost of the hardware and the ammo is bad enough.

I would totally vote for state issued identification cards which indicate driving skills, weapons clearances and polling place information being issued absolutely free of charge. Requiring ID to vote, operate a motor vehicle and handle deadly weapons just makes good common sense.

Driving is not a right.

Again...what does a license do?

There is no need to license normal Americans......they have the right to a gun until they commit a crime with a gun...there is nothing gained by licensing people...other than making it more expensive for gun owners....and limiting access to guns for the poor.

If I am a law abiding citizens carrying a gun I am not a problem...if I am stopped by police and they run my name for warrants and criminal history, nothing shows up...even if I have a gun on me.....

if I use that gun to rob a store....when they catch me they can already arrest me.....wether I have a license or not....

A felon......with a gun....cannot get a license because it is already illegal for them to buy, own or carry a gun...they get stopped by police and they see he is a convicted felon, and find the gun...they can already arrest him with no need to see if he has a license...

So, a license does absolutely nothing that can't already be done.....

Care to explain why you see the need for a license?

Ass-u-me-ing the state that issued his license doesn't fumble the back-ground check ball, issuing licenses for weapons would allow me to sell a gun privately to a stranger with out fear of the buyer doing something tragic with it,

Either way, it's on the state, not me. :thup:

Ass-u-me-ing the state that issued his license doesn't fumble the back-ground check ball, issuing licenses for weapons would allow me to sell a gun privately to a stranger with out fear of the buyer doing something tragic with it,

YOu know that criminals get almost all of their guns by using straw buyers..right? They use someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them......so if you have a private sale and the criminal wants your gun...they will also use a straw buyer...or follow you home and steal the gun....

So the licensing scheme you favor does nothing.....

Again.....you can arrest the felon if he is caught with a gun..considering felons cannot get a license, and they do 90% of the shooting in this country, licensing is a pointless, money sucking, bureaucratic hoop....nothing more....

If you are law abiding person.....not having a piece of paper will not make you use that gun illegally.....and if you do use that gun illegally, you can already be arrested.

And again...how do you pay for licenses....since the democrats used Poll Taxes, fees for voting, to keep blacks from voting....a license fee will keep poor minorities from accessing the Right to own a gun.....?

You can do this easy....put felon on he drivers license of felons...that way if you sell a gun privately you can simply ask to see the guys drivers license....no extra fee is needed....it is quick, easy and doesn't infringe on the Rights of normal people.....

The state doesn't run the back ground check, they don't have the resources. It's federal since they cover incidents across state lines. But we don't have problems here, being shall issue all we need to do is not have a record and fork over the dough.

If you fear someone doing harm with your gun the reasonable thing to do is not sell it. How hard is that?

YOu know that criminals get almost all of their guns by using straw buyers..right? They use someone with a clean record to buy the gun for them......so if you have a private sale and the criminal wants your gun...they will also use a straw buyer...or follow you home and steal the gun....

Again.....you can arrest the felon if he is caught with a gun..considering felons cannot get a license, and they do 90% of the shooting in this country, licensing is a pointless, money sucking, bureaucratic hoop....nothing more....

If you are law abiding person.....not having a piece of paper will not make you use that gun illegally.....and if you do use that gun illegally, you can already be arrested.

And again...how do you pay for licenses....since the democrats used Poll Taxes, fees for voting, to keep blacks from voting....a license fee will keep poor minorities from accessing the Right to own a gun.....?

And then the straw buyers ID will be associated with the gun and he or she may end up with some serious explaining to do.

Holding out for perfection is an extremist waste of time.

And then the straw buyers ID will be associated with the gun and he or she may end up with some serious explaining to do.

No.....straw buyers are rarely prosecuted and besides...a license doesn't identify a gun to a particular person...which is why you will next call on gun registration......and the straw buyers actually buying from licensed gun dealers are not fazed by the background check right now.......

You are simply wrong...licenses are pointless...unless you want to put gun owners in legal jeopardy......then they will work like a charm.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

For the benefit of your thread....how do you vote?
Straight commie ticket.

If he votes at all. I'm not convinced he isn't a felon. I know he doesn't work.

I vote job by job.

I like voting by mail so I can sit down with my ballot and Google late one night and take my time.

No.....straw buyers are rarely prosecuted and besides...a license doesn't identify a gun to a particular person...which is why you will next call on gun registration......and the straw buyers actually buying from licensed gun dealers are not fazed by the background check right now.......

You are simply wrong...licenses are pointless...unless you want to put gun owners in legal jeopardy......then they will work like a charm.

You make 'straw buying' sound like a job.

If it is, and it's not a lax enforcement issue, it's a loophole that needs to be plugged.

I say that I’m armed because I carry a Ruger 9C loaded with eight to fifteen rounds of hollow point ammunition in a quick-release holster concealed under my shirt pretty much everywhere I go.

The People of The Great State of Florida have done a background check on me and decided that it’s ok for me to carry a concealed fire-arm. In return I have promised to understand and follow the rules for doing so when I carry.

I’m armed because I can be. I live in a world where needing to defend myself by shooting and possibly killing a “bad guy with a gun” is an everyday possibility, so I’m armed because I can be.

I’m a Liberal. I carry not because I’m afraid and live in fear that every step I take brings me closer to the inevitable use of my weapon. I carry because I can. I’m optimistic and hopeful that I’ll never have to reveal what I keep concealed, I carry because I can. I have permission from my government and I believe that I understand the responsibility. And by ‘my government’ from which I sought and obtained permission, I mean The United States Constitution in theory, and The People of The Great State of Florida in practice.

What IS the U.S. Constitution but the documentation of and blueprint for a form government? :dunno:

Straight commie ticket.

How is it that you KNOW that I don't work? :eusa_eh:

If you've been stalking me again, you're getting better at it. I haven't suspected a thing!

Kudos! :thup:

The state doesn't run the back ground check, they don't have the resources. It's federal since they cover incidents across state lines. But we don't have problems here, being shall issue all we need to do is not have a record and fork over the dough.

If you fear someone doing harm with your gun the reasonable thing to do is not sell it. How hard is that?

Not be able to sell my private property?!? :disbelief:

Not really the good ol' American Spirit there, Bud.

What if I want to handle a lot of different weapons by buying, selling and trading?

It would also be nice to be able to buy a gun in another state without having to involve and pay for a local dealer to complete the transaction in my state.

Obtaining a gun license based on a federal background check would make it easier to be a gun owner.

The only legal jeopardy should come if some selfish or weak bastard (a.k.a. straw buyer) puts a tragic gun in the hands of an unlicensed individual.

There needs to be a possibility of criminal culpability if anyone puts a gun in the hands of an unlicensed individual - otherwise licensing gun owners is a waste of time and no loopholes will be plugged.

We don't need our government's permission to have weapons, you commie barfbag.

And yet you have it!!!! :happy-1:

Unless of course you're a felon and that permission has been suspended by the government :nono:

Weird how that works, no? :wink_2:
No, it's not weird at all. You seem baffled by it, however.

Here's a clue: You don't need PERMISSION from the government to carry a gun. It's an inalienable right. The fact that you have to get permission is a perversion of the 2nd Amendment.

What if the government changes? What happens to your "inalienable right" then?

Carrying a gun isn't an right we're born with... breathing is a right you're born with. Carrying is a right that We give to ourselves when we pledge allegiance to each other via our mutual trust in The US Constitution.

When someone breaks that trust by committing a felony, the rest of us withdraw our permission, and for something like that to be withdrawn, it must first be accepted.

The states already do background checks on most gun purchases... It's not like The People of any given state don't already know who we, the gun owners, are.

Straight commie ticket.

How is it that you KNOW that I don't work? :eusa_eh:

If you've been stalking me again, you're getting better at it. I haven't suspected a thing!

Kudos! :thup:
The same way I knew boop had ass boils. I pay attention to the dumbass shit you write. I'm preternaturally perceptive. It's a gift. My loser lunatic radar is amazing.

Forum List

Back