I'm craving......

images

no ice cream, though

I don't like the texture of either pecan pie or pumpkin pie for some reason. Maybe I'm just weird.

I'm reworking my chicken enchilada recipe. I used to do it really simple, with cooked chicken and green enchilada sauce inside, and cheddar cheese and red enchilada sauce on top. Joe suggested that we might want to try to plump up the insides by adding Spanish rice. That got me thinking. I'm going to try it with the chicken, Knorr Rice Sides queso cheese rice, diced bell pepper and zucchini, and then just the green enchilada sauce and queso/cheddar cheese on top. I'll let you know how it goes.

I'm reworking my chicken enchilada recipe. I used to do it really simple, with cooked chicken and green enchilada sauce inside, and cheddar cheese and red enchilada sauce on top. Joe suggested that we might want to try to plump up the insides by adding Spanish rice. That got me thinking. I'm going to try it with the chicken, Knorr Rice Sides queso cheese rice, diced bell pepper and zucchini, and then just the green enchilada sauce and queso/cheddar cheese on top. I'll let you know how it goes.

UPDATE: It was delicious. Be sure to saute the chicken and veggies until JUST before they're done, so that they don't overcook while in the oven.

The recipe, however, did not last any longer than the previous one did, because it tasted too good and the guys all had second helpings (and possibly thirds).

BTW, I was craving French toast when I got out of work today (whatever possessed me to volunteer for extra hours on my day off, I have no idea), and I decided Denny's would be a cheap fix close by. When I got there, I saw that their big promotion now is pancakes with blackberry sauce on it, and I asked if I could have blackberry sauce instead of syrup.

Definitely one of my better ideas. I don't normally have a very high opinion of the quality of Denny's food, being mostly where one eats after leaving the bar at 2 am when everything else is closed. However, the French toast was golden-brown and crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and made with Texas toast slices instead of cheap, thin sandwich bread. Sauce was sweet without the sickly sweetness of syrup, and those blackberries were HUGE.

I am going to have to try this the next time I make French toast at home.

BTW, I was craving French toast when I got out of work today (whatever possessed me to volunteer for extra hours on my day off, I have no idea), and I decided Denny's would be a cheap fix close by. When I got there, I saw that their big promotion now is pancakes with blackberry sauce on it, and I asked if I could have blackberry sauce instead of syrup.

Definitely one of my better ideas. I don't normally have a very high opinion of the quality of Denny's food, being mostly where one eats after leaving the bar at 2 am when everything else is closed. However, the French toast was golden-brown and crispy on the outside, creamy on the inside, and made with Texas toast slices instead of cheap, thin sandwich bread. Sauce was sweet without the sickly sweetness of syrup, and those blackberries were HUGE.

Sounds great, drooling.....LOL

Sounds great, drooling.....LOL

Get thee hence and find a Denny's. ;) I hope yours is as good as mine was.

I haven't had lobster in a while. I think I'll have some this weekend
We went to an Italian restaurant a couple of weeks ago and I had lobster Fettuccini with black pasta. Omg...

I learned the black pasta is made from the ink of a cuttlefish. This is what the pasta looks like:

20150415-colored-pasta-vicky-wasik-18-thumb-1500xauto-425329.jpg

Forum List

Back