I’m not sure why progressive policies aren’t common sense to anyone

The specific policies do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

American progressive politics have nothing to do with communism and paying everyone the same regardless of the work. It’s about strengthening the middle class and helping to alleviate poverty.

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds
First-40 hours per week and live comfortably is not in the constitution-my wife and I both worked two jobs to put our kids thru college. Rich people have been around forever-I expect to get what I earn, not what someone gives me or what WE can take from them. In the sixties with a strong middle class, people worked hard to do a good job FIRST, and they knew the pay would come-raises and sometimes bonuses. I don't see that anymore, it's "show me the money". I am not a Republican and there should be tax adjustments getting more from the wealthy, but I don't see the average worker deserving of any more than he is getting now. If he changes then I'll say "give him more".
Things like inflation and the cost of living matter. Wages are way behind on both. A lack of can-do spirit isn’t the problem. Millions of people have NO CHOICE but to live in poverty because higher wage jobs are scare and extremely competitive.

Things like inflation and the cost of living matter.

Inflation is on the Federal Reserve....Another progressive scam that has failed to deliver on its promise.

The specific policies do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

American progressive politics have nothing to do with communism and paying everyone the same regardless of the work. It’s about strengthening the middle class and helping to alleviate poverty.

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds
First-40 hours per week and live comfortably is not in the constitution-my wife and I both worked two jobs to put our kids thru college. Rich people have been around forever-I expect to get what I earn, not what someone gives me or what WE can take from them. In the sixties with a strong middle class, people worked hard to do a good job FIRST, and they knew the pay would come-raises and sometimes bonuses. I don't see that anymore, it's "show me the money". I am not a Republican and there should be tax adjustments getting more from the wealthy, but I don't see the average worker deserving of any more than he is getting now. If he changes then I'll say "give him more".
Things like inflation and the cost of living matter. Wages are way behind on both. A lack of can-do spirit isn’t the problem. Millions of people have NO CHOICE but to live in poverty because higher wage jobs are scare and extremely competitive.
That is the market-I know lots of people who are doing just fine- they took on line or night school to get ahead and should be rewarded. I don't see any can-do spirit, I see "not my job" spirit. If they asked "what can I do to EARN more money at this job"? they may be surprised by an opportunity.

I question your statistics that 78% percent of workers live check to check. That aside, America only guarantees that you live free but that means you are free to make bad decisions for yourself. Unfortunately a large percentage of Americans do just that.
Bad financial decisions matter, but that doesn’t somehow explain away the huge rise in poverty over the years. People have always made bad financial decisions.
Poverty is falling under this President.

That is the market-I know lots of people who are doing just fine- they took on line or night school to get ahead and should be rewarded. I don't see any can-do spirit, I see "not my job" spirit. If they asked "what can I do to EARN more money at this job"? they may be surprised by an opportunity.

But you are making a mistake in today time because many believe they should be paid a CEO pay while flipping burgers...

Many scream they want a living wage but when asked will you do more work?

Oh hell no they will say...

Progressive policies ARE NOT common sense, you loony lib!

Progressive policies ARE NOT common sense. Fixed that statement, you loony lib!
I like Medicare and Social Security.

Progressive policies ARE NOT common sense. Fixed that statement, you loony lib!
I like Medicare and Social Security.
Whether you like them isn't the issue....They're progressive policies and they're going broke.

You think the cities you democrats run are “progressive “

I question your statistics that 78% percent of workers live check to check. That aside, America only guarantees that you live free but that means you are free to make bad decisions for yourself. Unfortunately a large percentage of Americans do just that.
Bad financial decisions matter, but that doesn’t somehow explain away the huge rise in poverty over the years. People have always made bad financial decisions.

Very few Americans make bad decisions.

However, the 3rd world invaders who Democrats keep inviting in to replace Americans... a different story. That's why the homeless rate is up.

Very few Americans make bad decisions.

However, the 3rd world invaders who Democrats keep inviting in to replace Americans... a different story. That's why the homeless rate is up.

say-S.jpg

Why would you think Trump has anything to do with the well-being of workers? That’s just stupid.

Thank you for sharing!

The Seasonally adjusted numbers for June, July and August of 2019 were all 3.7% below the 4.0%, 3.9% and 3.9% of 2018 and the 4.4%, 4.3%, and 4.4% of 2017.

Current U.S. Unemployment Rate Chart
Oh you mean the rate that was already falling before Trump? We’ve had job growth ever since mid 2009 lol

The specific policy do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

they were living pay check to pay check under obama too.....
Yeah no shit. No one said otherwise.
So what's your fukin point?

Script-Th.jpg

Why would you think Trump has anything to do with the well-being of workers? That’s just stupid.

Thank you for sharing!

The Seasonally adjusted numbers for June, July and August of 2019 were all 3.7% below the 4.0%, 3.9% and 3.9% of 2018 and the 4.4%, 4.3%, and 4.4% of 2017.

Current U.S. Unemployment Rate Chart
Oh you mean the rate that was already falling before Trump? We’ve had job growth ever since mid 2009 lol
You never check anything.

Wow, dredging up old links to push the same old shit. Do you ever have an original thought? Now you know why commie policies don't make common sense to anyone. LMAO

The policies being put fourth by the leading Democrats basic universal income, green new deal, medicare for all, free college to name a few are not based on common sense they are neither realisitic or sustainable.

Forum List

Back