I’m not sure why progressive policies aren’t common sense to anyone

Why would you think Trump has anything to do with the well-being of workers? That’s just stupid.

Thank you for sharing!

The Seasonally adjusted numbers for June, July and August of 2019 were all 3.7% below the 4.0%, 3.9% and 3.9% of 2018 and the 4.4%, 4.3%, and 4.4% of 2017.

Current U.S. Unemployment Rate Chart
Oh you mean the rate that was already falling before Trump? We’ve had job growth ever since mid 2009 lol

In spite of anti business Obama..

Yes you are correct.

I question your statistics that 78% percent of workers live check to check. That aside, America only guarantees that you live free but that means you are free to make bad decisions for yourself. Unfortunately a large percentage of Americans do just that.
Bad financial decisions matter, but that doesn’t somehow explain away the huge rise in poverty over the years. People have always made bad financial decisions.

Actually poverty has been declining over the last few years.

Oh you mean the rate that was already falling before Trump? We’ve had job growth ever since mid 2009 lol

2019-09-08-XL.jpg
And this tells us what? Can you interpret a graph or no.

Hong Kong rioters aren't in the streets to promote Chinese "progressive policies". They had a taste of democracy and they aren't about to give it up.

The specific policy do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

American progressive politics have nothing to do with communism and paying everyone the same regardless of the work. It’s about strengthening the middle class and helping to alleviate poverty.

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds
they were living pay check to pay check under obama too.....
Yeah no shit. No one said otherwise.
calm down billy....just commenting on your tale of woe.....

The specific policies do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

American progressive politics have nothing to do with communism and paying everyone the same regardless of the work. It’s about strengthening the middle class and helping to alleviate poverty.

The government shutdown spotlights a bigger issue: 78% of US workers live paycheck to paycheck

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds
First-40 hours per week and live comfortably is not in the constitution-my wife and I both worked two jobs to put our kids thru college. Rich people have been around forever-I expect to get what I earn, not what someone gives me or what WE can take from them. In the sixties with a strong middle class, people worked hard to do a good job FIRST, and they knew the pay would come-raises and sometimes bonuses. I don't see that anymore, it's "show me the money". I am not a Republican and there should be tax adjustments getting more from the wealthy, but I don't see the average worker deserving of any more than he is getting now. If he changes then I'll say "give him more".
Things like inflation and the cost of living matter. Wages are way behind on both. A lack of can-do spirit isn’t the problem. Millions of people have NO CHOICE but to live in poverty because higher wage jobs are scare and extremely competitive.

You seem to be stuck in a time warp, it's not 2014 anymore.

The specific policies do vary, but the overall goal is that no one working 40 hours a week should live in poverty. 3 people own more wealth than the bottom 50% of Americans. Doesn’t that bother republicans? 78% of workers in contrast, live paycheck to paycheck. Does anyone actually think the GOP will do anything about this?

If "progressive policies" ONLY dealt with those real issues and healthcare and college education for me then yeah it would be common sense but it doesn't. These morons want 15$ an hour THEN they cheer when more invaders who will work for 5$ an hour are allowed to FLOOD the country....they want their cake and want to eat it as well. Doesn't work like that.

I think Americans are open to giving some "progressive" economics a try if only they weren't loaded with the poison pill of progressive social policies like gun confiscation and blaming white people for everything.

I'm sure. Progressive are imbeciles. You could be their leader.

no body in this country working 40hrs a week live in poverty,,,

so stop spreading your communist bullshit

People are paying massive taxes to pay off or pay other people. Its better to be the people getting paid off with the good jobs.

Why would you think Trump has anything to do with the well-being of workers? That’s just stupid.

Thank you for sharing!

The Seasonally adjusted numbers for June, July and August of 2019 were all 3.7% below the 4.0%, 3.9% and 3.9% of 2018 and the 4.4%, 4.3%, and 4.4% of 2017.

What we had was the slowest recovery since WWII. The jobs that were created were lower paying and non-skilled jobs. It's common sense that you can't expect manufacturers to open their wallets wide when you have a President raising their taxes, attacking and closing down businesses, threatening them with possible higher fuel costs, and creating expensive business regulations.

If "progressive policies" ONLY dealt with those real issues and healthcare and college education for me then yeah it would be common sense but it doesn't. These morons want 15$ an hour THEN they cheer when more invaders who will work for 5$ an hour are allowed to FLOOD the country....they want their cake and want to eat it as well. Doesn't work like that.
Why would progressives cheer that? We don’t want them coming here illegally, but they should be treated humanely. Those seeking asylum - which is legal whether you like it or not - should be treated accordingly. This is about basic human decency.

Thank you for sharing!

What we had was the slowest recovery since WWII. The jobs that were created were lower paying and non-skilled jobs. It's common sense that you can't expect manufacturers to open their wallets wide when you have a President raising their taxes, attacking and closing down businesses, threatening them with possible higher fuel costs, and creating expensive business regulations.
We also had the biggest recession since WWII. Why you people are lost on that logic is beyond me.

First-40 hours per week and live comfortably is not in the constitution-my wife and I both worked two jobs to put our kids thru college. Rich people have been around forever-I expect to get what I earn, not what someone gives me or what WE can take from them. In the sixties with a strong middle class, people worked hard to do a good job FIRST, and they knew the pay would come-raises and sometimes bonuses. I don't see that anymore, it's "show me the money". I am not a Republican and there should be tax adjustments getting more from the wealthy, but I don't see the average worker deserving of any more than he is getting now. If he changes then I'll say "give him more".
Things like inflation and the cost of living matter. Wages are way behind on both. A lack of can-do spirit isn’t the problem. Millions of people have NO CHOICE but to live in poverty because higher wage jobs are scare and extremely competitive.

People do have a choice. You can not have children until you are financially capable of supporting them. You don't have to have the newest I-phone and 50 video games for each of the four game systems you have. You don't need cable or satellite television with 500 channels plus movies.

So why do people live in poverty? For a number of reasons, but at the top of the list are drugs.

I had a couple move out of one of my apartments a few years ago. Good kids, but they loved their pot. They both worked at restaurants and didn't make much money. But it was their choice. They opted to not pursue better paying jobs or a career in something because better paying jobs usually have mandatory drug testing.

It's not just a personal experience that has me believing this. My employer has a hell of a time replacing a worker or expanding because he can't find younger people who are not on drugs.

My father is a retired bricklayer. His union sends their retirees updates on what's going on in their former trade. They were begging their retirees to help find younger people to get into the trade. Oh, the union found people, but none that could pass a drug test. And mind you, it's very hard work, but also pays very, very well. Up north here, currently 50 bucks an hour when everything is figured in.

So you can't give us that line that good paying jobs are hard to find. It's more like the good paying jobs can't find Americans to work them.

Walmart to hire hundreds of truck drivers, raise salary to nearly $90,000

Thank you for sharing!

We also had the biggest recession since WWII. Why you people are lost on that logic is beyond me.

I don't buy it was the biggest recession. I was an adult and lived through both the Reagan and Obama recession. During the Reagan recession, there were not even any McDonald's jobs available. It also lasted much longer than the Obama recession.

Why would progressives cheer that? We don’t want them coming here illegally, but they should be treated humanely. Those seeking asylum - which is legal whether you like it or not - should be treated accordingly. This is about basic human decency.

Why would progressives cheer that? Because they are told to cheer that.

Forum List

Back