Im ready to curb gun murders. Lets work together

Note the word 'carry'
Note the word 'keep'. But if 'carry' seems limiting to you...

iu

RPGs don't kill people.

Strict gun laws, elimination of criminal gangs and cutting the routes that bring guns and drugs into the country. Better social security and health care. Less differences in incomes, better schools, less corrupted government and police.

+50 years of time and :thup:

We have strict gun laws...criminals ignore them...Britain is an island nation...Australia is an island nation....both have increasing gun crime after banning guns....

one thing i hear about is....stiffer penalties for use of a gun during a crime....i think ny adds 2.5 years for gun use and jersey only adds 1 year....i could be wrong...but that could be a first step next might be gun buy backs that has worked in some countries...i go back and forth on the autos and if they should be legal....i dont see any use for them....my friends with desert eagles see no reason they as legal gun owners should not be able to buy them...
the huge problem will always be heirlooms and registration

2.5 years is a joke....if you put a 30 year sentence on gun crimes you would end almost all gun crime immediately....and put them in the federal system where they are put out of their home state, where they can't access friends and family......

gun buy backs...what do they do exactly? Australia did that...and they are now facing increased gun crime....after they banned guns...

Why shouldn't semi auto pistols be legal.....disregarding the 2nd Amendment for the moment?

Lets get to the bottom of the pandemic of suicides and gang violence with guns.
I am ready to solve this issue!
We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
Gang violence. Most of them use illegal guns. So how do we curb that?
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Lets work and ACTUALLY figure out a solution!
Whos with me?
The last two times I've seen in depth discussions about curbing illegal guns, research and law enforcement ALL agree that gun registration is part of the answer so the gun can be traced and the owner who released it into the illegal market can be held accountable. Of course, combating gangs by stopping the cartels from entering the country is a good first step. Combating the MARKET for drugs is harder and something the Republicans have been extremely reluctant to spend money on. Investing in programs to keep kids busy and productive and OUT of gangs at age 12 or whatever, and finding ways to influence massive amounts of economic growth into cities with gang problems is another way. When selling drugs is the best paying job in the neighborhood, it's an impossible mission.

Gun registration is not part of the solution.....

Haynes v. United States Supreme court ruling states that felons are not required by law to register their illegal guns......

Gun registration is only desired by anti gunners because it removes a step in the proces of banning guns...it does nothing to stop gun crime or mass shootings.

The only solution...long prison sentences.

We obviously cant stop suicides. We could take their gun, but it will still happen. But we could take the gun, and they can use a knife and slit their throat. Or throw themselves in front of a bus. Maybe that's better? So there goes the number one cause of gun murder.
I don't want to hear no bullshit about background checks on private transactions or limited magazines or the same worn out clichés the gun grabbers use on a daily basis. Id like to work on ACTUAL solutions instead of reducing liberties for the majority of the country.
Whos with me?

You are "ready to work on a solution" but don't want to hear anything about ANY gun regulation, no matter how common sense?

How about - GET LOST.

Go ahead...name your gun regulation and explain how it actually stops crimnals and mass shooters from getting guns.

Because the answer is to effectively ban handguns and military style semi-automatics.

And that stopped the paris shooters how? And the British criminals who get fully automatic weapons...how did that stop them?

How about we ban Chicago, DC, LA, Memphis and Detroit area?
That might help with the gang problem.
If you want to ease gang violence you have to ease the cause of gang culture. Stop generation poverty, stop the oppression of minority communities, raise wages, lower costs of education etc. etc. You can not address gang violence without addressing the causing factors.
So discriminating economic policies for blacks isn't enough? What else do they need? I damn sure wont wipe their ass after a big dump!
discriminating economic policies for blacks? Lol.... like what exactly?

I love when white men think equality is the same thing as white oppression. Gives me butterflies in my tummy.
AA? Special scholarships just for being black. All kinds of govt sponsored shit just for being black. Why act so coy?
I love it when white people pretend to understand what black people need. You leftists have been preaching about it for decades with nothing to show for it. Try something new :dunno:
You're whining. Get back to the issue at hand.

If you want to ease gang violence you have to ease the cause of gang culture. Stop generation poverty, stop the oppression of minority communities, raise wages, lower costs of education etc. etc. You can not address gang violence without addressing the causing factors.

Excellent point. Once again --- focusing on context and root causations gets us a lot farther than treating the symptoms while ignoring diseases.

Whos with me?

You are "ready to work on a solution" but don't want to hear anything about ANY gun regulation, no matter how common sense?

How about - GET LOST.
Lol, im trying to find solutions to our problem without infringing on other peoples rights. Do you have a solution to suicide or gang violence by gun that wont interfere with my life, as I am a law abiding citizen?

People do not have a right to free-for-all firearm acquisition.

Define a free for all......rifles and pistols are protected by the 2nd Amendment......

enforcing it is the problem
With handguns and military style semi-automatics effectively banned, practically they can be confiscated any time they're seen. Which of course means major restrictions are placed on their sales.

Except for the natural right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment....and it isn't working in Australia, Britain, France or Belgium...or Europe...

enforcing it is the problem
With handguns and military style semi-automatics effectively banned, practically they can be confiscated any time they're seen. Which of course means major restrictions are placed on their sales.

Except for the natural right to self defense and the 2nd Amendment....and it isn't working in Australia, Britain, France or Belgium...or Europe...

Evidence?

Whos with me?
The last two times I've seen in depth discussions about curbing illegal guns, research and law enforcement ALL agree that gun registration is part of the answer so the gun can be traced and the owner who released it into the illegal market can be held accountable. Of course, combating gangs by stopping the cartels from entering the country is a good first step. Combating the MARKET for drugs is harder and something the Republicans have been extremely reluctant to spend money on. Investing in programs to keep kids busy and productive and OUT of gangs at age 12 or whatever, and finding ways to influence massive amounts of economic growth into cities with gang problems is another way. When selling drugs is the best paying job in the neighborhood, it's an impossible mission.

Gun registration is not part of the solution.....

Haynes v. United States Supreme court ruling states that felons are not required by law to register their illegal guns......

Gun registration is only desired by anti gunners because it removes a step in the proces of banning guns...it does nothing to stop gun crime or mass shootings.

The only solution...long prison sentences.
Long prison sentences just kick the can down the road. Strict prison sentences do not act as a deterrent. Criminals are impulsive; they act first and think later, if at all.

and it isn't working in Australia, Britain, France or Belgium...or Europe...
Except for the lower rates of firearms homicides it's a complete failure, agreed.

Firearms homicides/100,000

Australia.......0.16
UK................0.06
France.........0.21
Belgium.......0.33
US...............3.43

Wikipedia

Last edited:
Long prison sentences just kick the can down the road. Strict prison sentences do not act as a deterrent. Criminals are impulsive; they act first and think later, if at all.
And then they are institutionalised after a long sentence. Good if you're a private prison investor. Bad for everyone else.

So discriminating economic policies for blacks isn't enough? What else do they need? I damn sure wont wipe their ass after a big dump!

I love when white men think equality is the same thing as white oppression. Gives me butterflies in my tummy.
AA? Special scholarships just for being black. All kinds of govt sponsored shit just for being black. Why act so coy?
I love it when white people pretend to understand what black people need. You leftists have been preaching about it for decades with nothing to show for it. Try something new :dunno:

As opposed to the right's policy of..........

Hmm.
Don't bring partisan politics into this. I never claimed those dumbfucks had a solution.
Partisan politics don't work with me. I hate both parties.

You understand all of those things were necessary to start leveling the playing field right? You understand that before those laws african americans were discriminated against to the point that their community was unable to progress at all. You understand that discrimination is wrong, right? So if US colleges aren't taking african americans, there needs to be legislation to reverse the negative affect.
if discrimination is wrong, why does every other race get discriminated against then? USe discrimination to fight discrimination? That sounds insane.

Forum List

Back