🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Imagine if Bernie were able to make all colleges "free".

They would basically become public schools. They would demand equal money from the government. You would need to take funds away from science and technology and fund "art appreciation". And that's just the beginning to this disastrous plan.

On the Issues: It's Time to Make College Tuition Free and Debt Free

Since I can't stand you lying so much, I will take Bernies side.

How the hell is Germany doing it? That is one thing they managed to do right through the entire industrial revolution, they know how to compete in manufacturing against cheap labor and that is through education and now government funded colleges.
5.57 average for a gallon of gas?

Since when can you buy gas in gallons in Germany?

Petro is only 1.24 euros per liter

Gas Prices in Germany

5.2 Euros per gallon.......convert to liters if you wish.......................but they pay a VAT out the ass there and all across Europe.

It ISN'T FREE.............. unless you live under a rock.

They would basically become public schools. They would demand equal money from the government. You would need to take funds away from science and technology and fund "art appreciation". And that's just the beginning to this disastrous plan.

Imagine if all Hillarybots actually understood the Sanders platform.

Imagine if they understood that the Sanders education plan involves state universities (sorry, Snookums, if you want to go to Yale, you're gonna have to pay for it).

Imagine if they knew that state universities used to be tuition-free, and the world didn't end then, nor would it now.

Imagine Hillarybots were smart. Yeah, that last one's a bit improbable.

People really need to understand nothing is free....nothing

So what? That platitude is meaningless.

It's not meaningless to the ones paying for this "free shit". Gawd you're freaking stupid

So when churches give free stuff to the needy in the form of charity,

that's not really free is it?

It's freely given.

It's not taking someone's property by force to give it to someone else.

Big difference.

Food is more important than college. Why not make all food "free"?

The problem is that Progressives don't understand "free". They think it really means "free".

Free means that the individual doesn't pay directly. The person who is eligible gets his tuition paid by the government which uses tax revenue to pay the tuition.

'Free' is shorthand that most sane people understand the meaning of in this case.

Which of congress' enumerated powers would allow it to pay tuition of the people of the several states?

If college became free for everybody, you'll basically be able to...

(1) wipe your ass with a Bachelor's degree, (2) paper your walls with a Master's, and (3) get a job flipping burgers with a PhD.

You really do like Straw Man arguments, dont you?

I have been looking for Sanders details and all I find is he wants to make tuition free for STATE SCHOOLS not private schools and he will do that by giving grants to the states that pay 2/3rds of the bill and states pay the other third. Private colleges do not fall under this.

I have been looking for Sanders details and all I find is he wants to make tuition free for STATE SCHOOLS not private schools and he will do that by giving grants to the states that pay 2/3rds of the bill and states pay the other third. Private colleges do not fall under this.

And the constitutional authorization for this is...where exactly?

Stealing someone's stuff and giving it to someone else is civilization. Got it.

What do you call NOT stealing someone's stuff?

Taxation has never been considered theft prior to Ayn Rand.

Why do you think that taxation is theft? Does not a democratically elected Republic have the moral right as it represents the will of the governed to tax who it damned well pleases?

Article 4 and the interstate commerce clause

Imagine if all Hillarybots actually understood the Sanders platform.

Imagine if they understood that the Sanders education plan involves state universities (sorry, Snookums, if you want to go to Yale, you're gonna have to pay for it).

Imagine if they knew that state universities used to be tuition-free, and the world didn't end then, nor would it now.

Imagine Hillarybots were smart. Yeah, that last one's a bit improbable.

Well if we are going to paly fantasy Island here, how about....

Imagine if Trumps critics knew what they were talking about regarding Trumps record and claims.....

Stealing someone's stuff and giving it to someone else is civilization. Got it.

What do you call NOT stealing someone's stuff?

Taxation has never been considered theft prior to Ayn Rand.

Why do you think that taxation is theft? Does not a democratically elected Republic have the moral right as it represents the will of the governed to tax who it damned well pleases?

I don't support policies or laws that take one persons stuff in order to give it to another. I don't condone taking people's stuff.

You can argue that it's not theft because it's legal. Okay, but I'm still not going to condone taking Peter's stuff to give it to Paul. I'll continue to express my opposition to such policies.

Article 4 and the interstate commerce clause

Congress has the power to regulate commerce among the several states. Do you think a law to give grants to states that pay for 2/3rds of a college education is necessary and proper to carry into execution congress' power to regulate commerce among the states?

I don't support policies or laws that take one persons stuff in order to give it to another. I don't condone taking people's stuff.

You can argue that it's not theft because it's legal. Okay, but I'm still not going to condone taking Peter's stuff to give it to Paul. I'll continue to express my opposition to such policies.

The government has the moral authority to take peoples stuff and always has. Without it, our civilization breaks down into chaos.

Are you an anarchist?

Congress has the power to regulate commerce among the several states. Do you think a law to give grants to states that pay for 2/3rds of a college education is necessary and proper to carry into execution congress' power to regulate commerce among the states?

Constitutional case law does.

You are responding off a set of values that have been proven by the behavior of their advocates to have been a complex lie.

IF the conservative elites like Charles Krauthammer, George Will or Rush Limbaugh really thought that this was not a just power given to the federali's then they would be more vocal about it and they would support an Article V States Constitutional Amendment Convention and would not be torpedoing their own parties likely candidate..

The government has the moral authority to take peoples stuff and always has. Without it, our civilization breaks down into chaos.

I don't agree that because the government has the power to do something that that thing is necessarily right. I'm not an authoritarian follower.

Are you an anarchist?

What's an "anarchist"?

I simply don't condone the federal government taking from Peter in order to provide a college education to Paul.

I don't agree that because the government has the power to do something that that thing is necessarily right. I'm not an authoritarian follower.

Are you an anarchist?

What's an "anarchist"?

I simply don't condone the federal government taking from Peter in order to provide a college education to Paul.

Government has always had the right to tax and then spend it as it sees fit. Even the US Republic has had this central belief as long as it is the will of the people.

Sorry that doesnt fit into you Mad Max fantasy, but most of us like civilization.

Constitutional case law does.

You are responding off a set of values that have been proven by the behavior of their advocates to have been a complex lie.

IF the conservative elites like Charles Krauthammer, George Will or Rush Limbaugh really thought that this was not a just power given to the federali's then they would be more vocal about it and they would support an Article V States Constitutional Amendment Convention and would not be torpedoing their own parties likely candidate..

All laws enacted by congress must be necessary and proper to carry into execution the powers in art I, sec 8. So are you saying that congress can't regulate commerce among the several states without giving grants to the states to pay for college?

Quite a few european countries have it and I believe it would be a good investment. Of course, we better up our standard to make it worth it, but that is what is really the problem in america. Shitty standards.

Are you an anarchist?

What's an "anarchist"?

Government has always had the right to tax and then spend it as it sees fit. Even the US Republic has had this central belief as long as it is the will of the people.

Sorry that doesnt fit into you Mad Max fantasy, but most of us like civilization.

First of all, taking money by force from Peter to pay for Paul's education doesn't seem all that civilized to me. It seems rather violent and barbaric.

And I acknowledge that the federal government has the power to do anything it wishes. I'm am merely pointing out that what they choose to do is unethical. If you or I were to to such a thing we would be considered criminals. I hold the federal government to the same standard to which I hold myself.

Forum List

Back