Immigration Reform + Senate Electors

Would you support Immigration Reform if Senators are elected by the States?

• Yes, that is the way the Founders intended Senators to be elected

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No, popular vote and K-Street influence are working well

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have an even better idea and will explain in my post

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
I'm not in favor of immigration reform because it dilutes my vote. However, I can support immigration reform if the way Senators are elected is put back the way it was before 1917, by State Legislatures.

One example is that ACA was voted for by some senators that the States are now suing to oppose. The States need more input into Federal elections. The popular vote still elects the President, Congress, and State legislatures.

This makes K-Street less powerful.

The only immigration reform I am interested in supporting is one that beefs up our borders and sends all illegals, regardless of their age or how long they have been here, or how old they were when they illegally came here, to the closest border and across it, never to return.

I want to see it illegal to hire illegals. I want it illegal to rent or sell a home to illegals. I want it illegal to give aid or support to illegals. I want to see it illegal to educate illegals. I don't want to see illegals getting any medical aid beyond what is required to get them to the border. I don't want the children of illegals getting Citizenship just because they were born here.

The only immigration reform I am interested in supporting is one that beefs up our borders and sends all illegals, regardless of their age or how long they have been here, or how old they were when they illegally came here, to the closest border and across it, never to return.

I want to see it illegal to hire illegals. I want it illegal to rent or sell a home to illegals. I want it illegal to give aid or support to illegals. I want to see it illegal to educate illegals. I don't want to see illegals getting any medical aid beyond what is required to get them to the border. I don't want the children of illegals getting Citizenship just because they were born here.

That's Option-1, that has less than zero chance of actually happening.

Option-2 is to take back the Senate by having the States elect their Senators. Plus as much of Option-1 we can get.

What keeps the state legislators from being lobbied?

Corruption and deadlock at the state level is what got us in this mess to begin with.

What keeps the state legislators from being lobbied?

Corruption and deadlock at the state level is what got us in this mess to begin with.

IMHO the state legislatures turnover more frequently than US Senators do. I'd take my chances with trying something new over the locked-in clowns we have there now. No incumbent loses, they just retire after 30 or 40 years of fking everything up..

Forum List

Back