🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Impact of the NFL National Anthem Controversy

Quick question for all you who say that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military................

Do you know WHY Kaepernick decided to go from sitting to taking a knee? It's because he got a letter from another player from Seattle who was also a former Green Beret who had seen him sitting on the bench during the anthem. He told him he thought a better idea would be to take a knee instead of sitting down.

Here..............read the letter yourself....................

A Green Beret who played in the NFL writes Colin Kaepernick a letter

If taking a knee was suggested by a Green Beret, how is it disrespectful to the military?
Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea.

Somebody should tell fox. They think that one Steeler represents all ex military.
Not a lot of military NFL players out there to counter the coddled little punks that got free college and a lot of money for playing a sport. I'm going to say he represents the best we have in the NFL and the military. Tough act to follow.

Quick question for all you who say that taking a knee is disrespectful to the military................

Do you know WHY Kaepernick decided to go from sitting to taking a knee? It's because he got a letter from another player from Seattle who was also a former Green Beret who had seen him sitting on the bench during the anthem. He told him he thought a better idea would be to take a knee instead of sitting down.

If taking a knee was suggested by a Green Beret, how is it disrespectful to the military?

Somebody should tell fox. They think that one Steeler represents all ex military.

You didn't read the link, did you? He's a Seattle Seahawk, not a Steeler.

Not a lot of military NFL players out there to counter the coddled little punks that got free college and a lot of money for playing a sport. I'm going to say he represents the best we have in the NFL and the military. Tough act to follow.

Still to quote what you said earlier. "Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea."

Not a single one of these crybabies have been thrown in jail for their protest. Not one has even gotten a ticket. They are rightfully been showered with derision which is what they deserve.

Thanks for the correction. Does it make a bit of difference in this discussion?

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

What, exactly, are you/he protesting and what does that have to do with our flag or national anthem?

Didn't say I was protesting. I said that as a 20 year veteran, I support Kaepernick's right to peaceful protest and free speech.

Kaepernick is protesting the fact that lots of young black men are killed for no reason by cops.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited by racist left wing demagogue politicians and pundits.

Well, like I said, it would help if you read the link. And, there are lots of current and former military types that support his protest. I'm one of them.

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

What, exactly, are you/he protesting and what does that have to do with our flag or national anthem?

Didn't say I was protesting. I said that as a 20 year veteran, I support Kaepernick's right to peaceful protest and free speech.

Kaepernick is protesting the fact that lots of young black men are killed for no reason by cops.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited but racist left wing demagogues.

You should tell that to the families of the dead black people unnecessarily killed by the cops. I'm sure that statistic will make them all happy again.

Well, like I said, it would help if you read the link. And, there are lots of current and former military types that support his protest. I'm one of them.

I think we might have gotten our wires crossed. I was referring to Villanueva, of the Steelers who refused to stay in the locker room with the rest of his team, and went out alone for the National Anthem. Fox is portraying him as the voice of all ex military, football players or not.

If the players were bowing on one knee to say a prayer the crazy left wing establishment would b smashing windows and torching cars. The NFL issue is obviously anther politically driven mess that backfired on democrats and it's going to cost the NFL at the box office and democrats in the voting booth.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited by racist left wing demagogue politicians and pundits.

Actually, it's the conservatives that are being exploited by the orange demagogue in the WH.

BTW.................in case you don't know what demagogue means, here is the definition from Dictionary.com

demagogue

or demagog
[dem-uh-gog, -gawg]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
1. a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.
2. (in ancient times) a leader of the people.
verb (used with object), demagogued, demagoguing.
3. to treat or manipulate (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.
verb (used without object), demagogued, demagoguing.
4. to speak or act like a demagogue.

Trump is the demagogue here.

If the players were bowing on one knee to say a prayer the crazy left wing establishment would b smashing windows and torching cars. The NFL issue is obviously anther politically driven mess that backfired on democrats and it's going to cost the NFL at the box office and democrats in the voting booth.

If the players were bowing on one knee to protest same sex marriage the crazy right wing establishment would be praising them to the ends of the earth.

I think we might have gotten our wires crossed. I was referring to Villanueva, of the Steelers who refused to stay in the locker room with the rest of his team, and went out alone for the National Anthem. Fox is portraying him as the voice of all ex military, football players or not.

Oh. I was talking about the Seahawk that actually gave Kaepernick the idea of taking a knee rather than sitting. If FOX is portraying him as the voice of all ex military, then why are they not paying attention to the Seahawk who is a former Green Beret as well?

Still to quote what you said earlier. "Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea."
Standing for the anthem and being proud of your service to a great country isn't a good idea? You may have not noticed but I also didn't say to ignore them. You take the good and the bad and base your support on that.

Oh. I was talking about the Seahawk that actually gave Kaepernick the idea of taking a knee rather than sitting. If FOX is portraying him as the voice of all ex military, then why are they not paying attention to the Seahawk who is a former Green Beret as well?

Again. Fox is the one portraying Villanueva as representative of all ex military, not me. They are trying to twist this into an attack on the flag, the National Anthem military, the police, and probably ice cream and apple pie. It's a tactic they use. If they can write the protest off as unAmerican, they don't have to address the real problems.

You should tell that to the families of the dead black people unnecessarily killed by the cops. I'm sure that statistic will make them all happy again.

You mean the 1.4% of the total number of people shot by police?

Telling the families of dead people unnecessarily killed by the police something like "but we didn't kill as many as we could have" probably won't help too much.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited but racist left wing demagogues.

the statistic are just showing how Democrat voters are being exploited by left wing politicians, pundits and the press

Standing for the anthem and being proud of your service to a great country isn't a good idea? You may have not noticed but I also didn't say to ignore them. You take the good and the bad and base your support on that.

When did I say "Standing for the anthem and being proud of your service to a great country isn't a good idea?" You are trying to make this into some sort of unAmerican attack on the Flag, the National Anthem, etc. etc. It's not.

Forum List

Back