🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Impact of the NFL National Anthem Controversy

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

What, exactly, are you/he protesting and what does that have to do with our flag or national anthem?

Didn't say I was protesting. I said that as a 20 year veteran, I support Kaepernick's right to peaceful protest and free speech.

Kaepernick is protesting the fact that lots of young black men are killed for no reason by cops.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited by racist left wing demagogue politicians and pundits.

Actually, it's the conservatives that are being exploited by the orange demagogue in the WH.

BTW.................in case you don't know what demagogue means, here is the definition from Dictionary.com

demagogue

or demagog
[dem-uh-gog, -gawg]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
1. a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.
2. (in ancient times) a leader of the people.
verb (used with object), demagogued, demagoguing.
3. to treat or manipulate (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.
verb (used without object), demagogued, demagoguing.
4. to speak or act like a demagogue.

Trump is the demagogue here.
community organizer means racist demagogue

Hey, I'm a 20 year Navy veteran who has served in 4 war zones, and I support Kaepernick's protest.

What, exactly, are you/he protesting and what does that have to do with our flag or national anthem?

Didn't say I was protesting. I said that as a 20 year veteran, I support Kaepernick's right to peaceful protest and free speech.

Kaepernick is protesting the fact that lots of young black men are killed for no reason by cops.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited but racist left wing demagogues.

You should tell that to the families of the dead black people unnecessarily killed by the cops. I'm sure that statistic will make them all happy again.
the statistic are just showing how Democrat voters are being exploited by left wing politicians, pundits and the press

The statistic is just you trying to weasel away from the fact that blacks are unnecessarily being killed by cops at a much higher rate than anyone else.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited by racist left wing demagogue politicians and pundits.

Actually, it's the conservatives that are being exploited by the orange demagogue in the WH.

BTW.................in case you don't know what demagogue means, here is the definition from Dictionary.com

demagogue

or demagog
[dem-uh-gog, -gawg]

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun
1. a person, especially an orator or political leader, who gains power and popularity by arousing the emotions, passions, and prejudices of the people.
2. (in ancient times) a leader of the people.
verb (used with object), demagogued, demagoguing.
3. to treat or manipulate (a political issue) in the manner of a demagogue; obscure or distort with emotionalism, prejudice, etc.
verb (used without object), demagogued, demagoguing.
4. to speak or act like a demagogue.

Trump is the demagogue here.
community organizer means racist demagogue

Only to a crazy RWNJ.

Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea.

Somebody should tell fox. They think that one Steeler represents all ex military.
Not a lot of military NFL players out there to counter the coddled little punks that got free college and a lot of money for playing a sport. I'm going to say he represents the best we have in the NFL and the military. Tough act to follow.

Still to quote what you said earlier. "Just because one military person said so doesn't make it a good idea."
Standing for the anthem and being proud of your service to a great country isn't a good idea? You may have not noticed but I also didn't say to ignore them. You take the good and the bad and base your support on that.

When did I say "Standing for the anthem and being proud of your service to a great country isn't a good idea?" You are trying to make this into some sort of unAmerican attack on the Flag, the National Anthem, etc. etc. It's not.
You quoted me and pretty much said he had a bad idea to stand up.

It is anti-America. Period.

There are on average about 7000 Black victims of murder per year. About .00001% of Black murder victims are people who are murdered by policemen. The NFL anthem protesters are being exploited but racist left wing demagogues.

You should tell that to the families of the dead black people unnecessarily killed by the cops. I'm sure that statistic will make them all happy again.
the statistic are just showing how Democrat voters are being exploited by left wing politicians, pundits and the press

The statistic is just you trying to weasel away from the fact that blacks are unnecessarily being killed by cops at a much higher rate than anyone else.
Actually the facts state the opposite.

Week 3 saw every team take one side or another and teams' efforts to try and keep unity whether that be locking arms, kneeling, sitting on the bench, or staying in the locker room. My question is, where is this going to go? I see the next phase being disruption and distraction. Players will run out on the field, stretch, sprint, etc. to detract during the playing /singing of the national anthem. Also, what about the fans in the stands? Many of them have been imbibing for 2-3 hours before kickoff. Some fans will take their hats off and salute while other fans may kneel or turn their backs. That is a recipe for violence and potentially, riots.

The NFL has got a bad PR situation right now. If they ever want to recover, they better figure out a true path towards unity. You got fans on one side boycotting games and advertisers because a QB has not been signed and you got fans on the other side burning their NFL merchandise, giving up tickets, and cancelling NFL TV Subscriptions. This will all equate to lower revenues which means, lower paychecks.
NFL and NBA are shit. Stopped watching years ago.

I put my savior and my family way high on my list....trailing in 3rd place is country...a big gap between 2nd and 3rd. But I would never kneel.

cop shootings.jpg

View attachment 151544

According to the numbers there are about 61 whites for each black in the US. Cops killing in equal percentages would be 1 black person per 61 white people. Your chart shows 1 black person for each 1.65 white people.

View attachment 151544

According to the numbers there are about 61 whites for each black in the US. Cops killing in equal percentages would be 1 black person per 61 white people. Your chart shows 1 black person for each 1.65 white people.

I'm not sure what your point is...that cops need to kill more white people?

Black people make up only 13% of US population yet are responsible for over 55% of violent crime.

View attachment 151544

That can only make sense if you ignore blacks commit 52% of the crimes. It's not race. It's criminals.

View attachment 151544

Black people make up only 13% of US population yet are responsible for over 55% of violent crime.

My point is the same as always. Cops proportionately kill lots more blacks than whites.

View attachment 151544

Apparently due to
View attachment 151544

My point is the same as always. Cops proportionately kill lots more blacks than whites.
except they don't and your point is worthless.

View attachment 151544

That can only make sense if you ignore blacks commit 52% of the crimes. It's not race. It's criminals.

52% of all crime? You got a credible link to that?

View attachment 151544

...and blacks are disproportionately responsible for the majority of violent crime. As I've already said.

View attachment 151544

Apparently due to
View attachment 151544

except they don't and your point is worthless.

Still waiting on that credible link.

When countered with strong statistical evidence they always resort to an appeal of emotion. The facts are their enemies!

View attachment 151544

52% of all crime? You got a credible link to that?

111111.jpg

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fdluc09.pdf

Opinion | Police shootings and race

Forum List

Back