In America is it easier for you if you are white?

Like with police or authorities, or in clubs, or to get a job, in school, in hospital etc. Or this is wrong?

No, but it's not as simple as that. It's harder for poor blacks because they grow up with self inflicted handicaps.

Blacks who grow up in middle and upper class families have no trouble at all and likely have advantages that whites will never have.
Poverty is usually not self inflicted... people don't choose to be born poor and in today's day and age it's nearly impossible to pull yourself out of poverty.

Poverty is most often self inflicted. When there are programs available to help and you don't participate because your culture prohibits it, or you get pregnant at age 15 and have 3 or 4 kids before you are even old enough to drink.
In my city I work with our impoverished populations. There are many reasons that's cause poverty and way too many Americans are one financial disaster away from poverty. Implying it is all, or even mostly self inflicted is ignorant to the issues faced in our inner cities.
While I agree with you on the multiple causes of poverty and that many families are one financial disaster away from poverty, I also think there were those who are being enabled to stay poor instead of actually being helped out of their poverty.
Who? How? You think being poor is fun? Lol

In my county the only welfare recipients exempt from mandatory work requirements are those who provide medical docs proving they can not carry out such requirements.
The disable are being enable? Give me a break.

Last edited:
Like with police or authorities, or in clubs, or to get a job, in school, in hospital etc. Or this is wrong?

No, but it's not as simple as that. It's harder for poor blacks because they grow up with self inflicted handicaps.

Blacks who grow up in middle and upper class families have no trouble at all and likely have advantages that whites will never have.
Wealthy blacks never face racism?
Doubtful.
I'm sure they have it much easier but I'm sure they are not exempt from American society lol. How ridiculous you are.

Current members of the United States Senate - Wikipedia
Pretty hard to deny that white folks still run the country, though. Pics of the 100 members of the senate. Scroll down through their pics.
I saw one black guy and one asian woman.
There are quite a few females now (YAY!) but they're all white, too.
Whites still hold the power in the grand scheme of things.
You think the Senate is better depending on what color/gender the senators are?
I think who is put forward as a leader and who we vote for is an indication of who the majority of us consider to be "leaders." The rule makers. The ones who are in charge.
I think more diversity would be helpful. Minorities bring a different perspective to policy making that a bunch of white guys might not have thought of. Of course, having more women as senators is awesome because women as a rule have a lot of sense.
Minorities bring a different perspective? Are you saying it is OK, then, to make assumptions about people's views based on their race?
You are trying to make it impossible to have a discussion about this by posing questions that do nothing but shut down other people's views.
Another way to look at that is that I exposed a flaw in your presuppositions. Which is a great benefit to you. As you know, the argument that "diversity" is good because it "brings different perspectives" is everywhere. It governs corporate America, the government, academia, and so much else. Not only is it just plain wrong (making it a bad predicate for public policy), but it is exceedingly dangerous. So, of course, I am going to object when I see it on this board. If a question feels like it "shuts down debate" that just means you don't have an answer for it, to illuminate which I posed the question in the first place.

Doubtful.
I'm sure they have it much easier but I'm sure they are not exempt from American society lol. How ridiculous you are.

Did I say never? No. Did I mention racism? No. I merely stated that blacks who start off in middle class or better families don't have it as bad.

I've been white all my life and it hasn't gotten me a damn thing. .... :cool:
Thats because you have lain on your ass most of your life no doubt. The days are over when you get hired ahead of more talented people of color for the most part. :cool-45:

Glad to see you realize blacks do have the same opportunity, just gotta work for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah. We just have to learn to keep going despite the racist inbreds that place obstacles in our way. Giving up should never be an option.

If youre born poor your handicaps are not self inflicted. Your condition came about as a result of systemic racism. You were born into it.

My children are I guess upper middle class and they still see racism. However, they learned from me to never let whites hold them back.

Poverty is usually not self inflicted... people don't choose to be born poor and in today's day and age it's nearly impossible to pull yourself out of poverty.

Poverty is most often self inflicted. When there are programs available to help and you don't participate because your culture prohibits it, or you get pregnant at age 15 and have 3 or 4 kids before you are even old enough to drink.
What culture prohibits you from joining a program? I grew up in the Black culture and anytime a program was known there were Blacks that got into it.

Last edited:

Doubtful.
Its amazing that white people like him actually believe they know what Black people face. :laugh:

Doubtful.

Did I say never? No. Did I mention racism? No. I merely stated that blacks who start off in middle class or better families don't have it as bad.
You said "they have no problem at all" that is the same as saying never, ding bat.

If youre born poor your handicaps are not self inflicted. Your condition came about as a result of systemic racism. You were born into it.

My children are I guess upper middle class and they still see racism. However, they learned from me to never let whites hold them back.

Not if you are born poor but your life doesn't have to end there. You have a lot of choices beginning as you grow up and if you choose not to take advantage then that is self inflicted.

Racism did not cause people to be poor. That is the lie you tell yourselves to keep from having to accept blame.

And for the 19th time I never mentioned race or racism. I never said that they would not experience it, I myself experience racism on an almost daily basis. Didn't stop me.

What culture prohibits you from joining a program? I grew up in the Black culture and anytime a program was known there were Blacks that got into it.

Really?

The same culture that shames other blacks for getting educated and trying to be like whitey.

Doubtful.
Its amazing that white people like him actually believe they know what Black people face. :laugh:

I know what programs are available, I know black people who have made it out of poverty, I also know that having 3-4 kids before you are 21 years old is a sure fire way to stay poor. I don't have to be black to know those facts.

Really?

The same culture that shames other blacks for getting educated and trying to be like whitey.
"Gang culture" is not "black culture"....

Doubtful.

I know what programs are available, I know black people who have made it out of poverty, I also know that having 3-4 kids before you are 21 years old is a sure fire way to stay poor. I don't have to be black to know those facts.
And having children young is not restricted to African Americans lol
Your deep racism oozes through every statement

Doubtful.

You said "they have no problem at all" that is the same as saying never, ding bat.

Context moron, context.

Doubtful.

None of that tells you what Black people face which was your claim.

Doubtful.

Never said it was, and that is irrelevant. How thick is that skull of yours anyway?

Doubtful.

None of that tells you what Black people face which was your claim.

No dumbass, but it addresses the OP.

Doubtful.

Never said it was, and that is irrelevant. How thick is that skull of yours anyway?
Not nearly as thick as your racial bias.

Doubtful.

Not nearly as thick as your racial bias.

The race card, refuge of choice for the lazy mind.

Forum List

Back