In Lieu Of Recent Mass Shootings With Assault Rifles,There Seems To Be Mass Ignorance Of What One Is

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
There have been far too many mass shootings in the recent History of the United States. Two common factors in these crimes have been “assault rifle” style firearms and for the press and politicians to describe these weapons as “high power.” This is an error, which I will address shortly, but first, a trigger warning—no pun intended. I frankly think trigger warnings are overused, but in this case, I am about to describe terrible things.

Proceed at your own risk.

A Brief History of the Assault Rifle, for Journalists and Legislators

Yes, AR-15 and AK 47's are assault rifles, both the fully automatics, and semi automatics. If you don't know this, you are to stupid to own one, and should be prohibited from doing so. This article is for those that are not gun enthusiasts, and can be confused by the misinformation spewed on this and other sites. This will give you all of the information you need to make donnie gun nut look like the idiot he is telling you about his vast knowledge of firearms.

Enjoy.

Content created by Daily Kos community member.
Fabulous

There have been far too many mass shootings in the recent History of the United States. Two common factors in these crimes have been “assault rifle” style firearms and for the press and politicians to describe these weapons as “high power.” This is an error, which I will address shortly, but first, a trigger warning—no pun intended. I frankly think trigger warnings are overused, but in this case, I am about to describe terrible things.

Yes, AR-15 and AK 47's are assault rifles, both the fully automatics, and semi automatics. If you don't know this, you are to stupid to own one, and should be prohibited from doing so. This article is for those that are not gun enthusiasts, and can be confused by the misinformation spewed on this and other sites. This will give you all of the information you need to make donnie gun nut look like the idiot he is telling you about his vast knowledge of firearms.

Enjoy.
The Deep State are using Psychiatrists to recruit mass shooters. The Psychiatrists pump them up with meds and fill their heads with nonsense. These mass shooters are lonely. They have ADHD from drinking fluoride from birth. And when the Psychiatrists declares them insane. That is when they gives them a free coupon to buy several assault weapons with lots of ammo. And then the Deep State creates them a social page saying how much that they love Pres.Trump. But while they bans the real Pres.Trump's supporters from social media. And then it will force Pres.Trump to abolish the 2nd amendment, so that the U.N. peacekeepers can come and take our weapons away. And once they have taken away all of our weapons. That the U.N. peace keepers will hog tied us up to a tree. and sodomize us all as a victory dance.

Enjoy.

People are too stupid to own them?

Do you propose an intelligence test?

How about an intelligence test for other constitutional rights, like voting?

Enjoy.
Hell Skews..what does, "assault style" even mean? Yes, I get the picture...but all guns are 'assault style'! The style..is provided by the user--not the weapon. Almost any semi-automatics you can name..could have caused the same or greater casualties as the AK or AR favored. Do you want to ban all semi-automatic rifles? You do know that is a huge amount of guns. It's just not going to happen.

It is of passing interest that there have been no shootings involving the actual army toys. I note no BAR's are involved..nor Thompson's--no collectors weapons are involved.

I actually empathize with your position...but there are many good reasons for owning a gun..in this day and age.

Assault rifle:

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle - Wikipedia

iu

Last edited:

Enjoy.
The Deep State are using Psychiatrists to recruit mass shooters. The Psychiatrists pump them up with meds and fill their heads with nonsense. These mass shooters are lonely. They have ADHD from drinking fluoride from birth. And when the Psychiatrists declares them insane. That is when they gives them a free coupon to buy several assault weapons with lots of ammo. And then the Deep State creates them a social page saying how much that they love Pres.Trump. But while they bans the real Pres.Trump's supporters from social media. And then it will force Pres.Trump to abolish the 2nd amendment, so that the U.N. peacekeepers can come and take our weapons away. And once they have taken away all of our weapons. That the U.N. peace keepers will hog tied us up to a tree. and sodomize us all as a victory dance.
ROTFLMFAO!

You must be smoking some strong stuff..or mixing your psychotropics..or something.

Unless you're being totally sarcastic and mocking......in which case..Very well done!

Let’s just set a firing speed and magazine capacity and call it an assault weapon

Enjoy.
Hell Skews..what does, "assault style" even mean? Yes, I get the picture...but all guns are 'assault style'! The style..is provided by the user--not the weapon. Almost any semi-automatics you can name..could have caused the same or greater casualties as the AK or AR favored. Do you want to ban all semi-automatic rifles? You do know that is a huge amount of guns. It's just not going to happen.

It is of passing interest that there have been no shootings involving the actual army toys. I note no BAR's are involved..nor Thompson's--no collectors weapons are involved.

I actually empathize with your position...but there are many good reasons forowning a gun..in this day and age.

Assault rifle:

The article did an excellent job of explaining exactly what an assault rifle is, and how they came to be. The detail in the article I would maintain probably educated most gun owners that didn't have a clue, or were mistaken about what they thought they knew. As a gun owner myself, it boggles my mind how ignorant gun owners I talk to thin they know what they don't know. This is why the majority of America, that are not gun owners by the way, have had enough of ignorant gun owners whining about a right they actually don't really have. Americans have the right to own a gun solely because of Supreme Court interpretation. Not by the mistaken conception the Constitution gives state militia, and not individuals the right to do so. Based upon that misconception, and that right by court interpretation, that interpretation does not grant any individual the right to possess any type of gun they want, thus another court interpretation on that conception. Which is why assault style rifles can and currently are, banned all over the country, along with high capacity magazines. Expect this trend to continue in the future, and only become more widely accepted by a changing population, that does not support these types of weapons in our society. anyone who thinks otherwise is in a much smaller minority than they think. A shrinking minority I should add. Ironically enough, it will be the majority of non gun owners in America, that in the end, will be the ones that preserve the second amendment, by ridding the country of these weapons from civilian use, so that the majority of gun owners that don't own these weapons, will have their right to own guns for hunting, and protection for generations to come. The alternative is the law of the jungle, and no civilized society will live under those conditions, no matter what steps are necessary to prevent that from happening.

Enjoy.

I actually empathize with your position...but there are many good reasons forowning a gun..in this day and age.

Assault rifle:

The article did an excellent job of explaining exactly what an assault rifle is, and how they came to be. The detail in the article I would maintain probably educated most gun owners that didn't have a clue, or were mistaken about what they thought they knew. As a gun owner myself, it boggles my mind how ignorant gun owners I talk to thin they know what they don't know. This is why the majority of America, that are not gun owners by the way, have had enough of ignorant gun owners whining about a right they actually don't really have. Americans have the right to own a gun solely because of Supreme Court interpretation. Not by the mistaken conception the Constitution gives state militia, and not individuals the right to do so. Based upon that misconception, and that right by court interpretation, that interpretation does not grant any individual the right to possess any type of gun they want, thus another court interpretation on that conception. Which is why assault style rifles can and currently are, banned all over the country, along with high capacity magazines. Expect this trend to continue in the future, and only become more widely accepted by a changing population, that does not support these types of weapons in our society. anyone who thinks otherwise is in a much smaller minority than they think. A shrinking minority I should add. Ironically enough, it will be the majority of non gun owners in America, that in the end, will be the ones that preserve the second amendment, by ridding the country of these weapons from civilian use, so that the majority of gun owners that don't own these weapons, will have their right to own guns for hunting, and protection for generations to come. The alternative is the law of the jungle, and no civilized society will live under those conditions, no matter what steps are necessary to prevent that from happening.
***smiles*** All law in this country is "Just a supreme court's interpretation"
I think it's a political non-starter nationwide...I am in favor of States deciding how much regulation their population needs.

Enjoy.
ROTFLMFAO!

You must be smoking some strong stuff..or mixing your psychotropics..or something.

Unless you're being totally sarcastic and mocking......in which case..Very well done!

This is why the majority of America, that are not gun owners by the way, have had enough of ignorant gun owners whining about a right they actually don't really have. Americans have the right to own a gun solely because of Supreme Court interpretation. Not by the mistaken conception the Constitution gives state militia, and not individuals the right to do so.

The Second Amendment is absolutely clear.

The importance of a well-regulated militia is mentioned as a purpose; but the actual right to keep and bear arms is explicitly stated as belong to the people; and government is explicitly forbidden from infringing this right.

It is you who is being willfully ignorant, by denying what the Second Amendment unambiguously says.

Enjoy.

Assault rifle:

it will be the majority of non gun owners in America, that in the end, will be the ones that preserve the second amendment, by ridding the country of these weapons from civilian use, so that the majority of gun owners that don't own these weapons, will have their right to own guns for hunting, and protection for generations to come.

Wow......that was really stupid.....

If you think the anti-gunners are just going to let you have your pump action shotgun, bolt action rifle or revolver......you are just dumb....really dumb...

Russian Politechnic shooter..... 20 killed with a tube fed, 5 shot pump action shotgun.

The pump action shotguns is a past and current actual weapon of war, the AR-15 has never been a weapon of war.

The Lever Action rifle was used to kill native Americans...it too will be banned.

The revolver fires the exact same way as semi-automatic, AR-15s.... 1 bullet for each pull of the trigger...it will be banned as a semi-automatic weapon.

The Bolt Action rifle? Current military sniper weapon.....they will tell people like you that you no longer need a military sniper, murder weapon...

You don't understand the enemy.....you are the problem.

People love to throw out the term assault weapon or rifle the problem with that is assault is an act it is not a thing any weapon you use to assault someone could be an assault weapon and any type of rifle used to assaul someone can be an assault rifle.

Enjoy.
Why do you use stories in Texas with only 21 shot and ignore areas like Chicago where this story says in one weekend 58 people were shot and 6 dead?

At Least 58 People Shot In Chicago This Weekend; 6 Dead, 52 Wounded

Is it because it is all black on black crime? Do black lives really not matter? Are you a racist?

Interestingly, in the article it did not even attempt to blame guns or any democrat leadership in an area where it is heavily democrat, aside for two Trump supporters in Chicago that assaulted Jessie Smallett. LOL.

Here is what the article blamed.

"Police Supt. Eddie Johnson said, "it does not take a rocket scientist to wonder why these shootings keep happening: the shooters don't fear any consequences in court"

But have whitey up there shooting, especially our favorite white nationalist shooters, and all of a sudden it's because of Trump and a lack of gun control.

Fascinating, isn't it?

An assault weapon is whatever a lawmaking body determines it to be – not what the military or gun manufacturers consider one to be – regardless how it functions or is configured.

“Such weapons have no other purpose than ending human lives…”

Actually not.

AR 15s, for example, make excellent target rifles, given their inherent accuracy.

“…making and selling them to a civilian population should be against the law.”

The problem is that such a law would be unwarranted.

Less than two percent of gun crimes are committed with long guns – even fewer with AR 15s – in no manner justifying their being banned.

Yes, AR 15s are often the ‘weapon of choice’ of mass shooters, but in order for a law to be just and valid it must be supported by the facts – and the facts simply don’t support a ban when gun crime and violence are comprehensively taken into consideration.

And laws must also be effective to be just and valid – lawmakers shouldn’t intentionally enact measures demonstrated to be ineffective, such as assault weapon bans; the 1994 Federal assault weapon ban was a failure.

This doesn’t mean, of course, that we’re helpless to combat gun crime and violence – it means we must work to find other ways to address the problem that don’t involve bans which are both ineffective and an unwarranted overreach of government.

Enjoy.
Lol
Too bad you have no idea what the fuck you’re talking about...
:fu:

Forum List

Back