In normal world, this is known as "fraud".

In Normal World, when you overstate the value of your holdings on official documents for the purpose of obtaining loans, that's known as "fraud". When you VASTLY overstate them, that's known as "another day in TrumpWorld™".

Defrauding people is "bad" It's "dishonest". People who commit fraud are "lying".

Here are just a few examples of how Trump commits fraud on financial documents to MAKE IT SEEM that he has a LOT more money than he does.

Trump Tower Triplex
Trump's claim: 30,000 sq ft
Actual appraisal: 10,996 sq ft

Seven Springs Estate Value
Trump's claim: $291 million
Actual appraisal: $30 million

40 Wall Street
Trump's claim: $527 million
Actual appraisal: $220 million

Mar-A-Lago
Trump's claim: $612 million
Actual value: $27.6 million

TNGC Briarcliff and TNGC LA
Trump's claim: $73 million
Actual value: $16 million

============

So I guess the question is, why are his followers so willing to overlook blatant fraud like this? Would any of you like to answer that question?

Let the deflection and personal attacks begin!

Source: Page 21 and beyond, DocumentCloud

white collar crimes are pretty cool...it just means you were smart enough to get one over on the bankers ...so if you defraud them out of tens of millions, stiff contractors to get out of paying them hundreds of thousands, you are a savvy businessman...

However, if you get 100 more dollars extra in food stamps for a couple of months -- you are the scum of the Earth and should be sentenced to death....

That is how it is.....steal a little, you are a thief.....steal it all, you are King

what a bunch of shit......there are so many wealthy people whose names are known to everyone.....
Not because they crave the attention.....

I don't recall Françoise Meyers holding rallies because of her constant need of attention.....and if you ask who she is, I rest my case....she could buy Trump, 8 times over......

The defense had no case. The facts are not in dispute. Trump betrayed the community...especially the business community. In some cultures that's treason.

The community?

By overestimation the value of a property?

I don;t see that as a betrayal

white collar crimes are pretty cool...it just means you were smart enough to get one over on the bankers ...so if you defraud them out of tens of millions, stiff contractors to get out of paying them hundreds of thousands, you are a savvy businessman...

However, if you get 100 more dollars extra in food stamps for a couple of months -- you are the scum of the Earth and should be sentenced to death....

That is how it is.....steal a little, you are a thief.....steal it all, you are King

Feeeeelllliiiiinnnngggssss

No defaulting is necessary for it to be a crime. Fraud is still fraud.

Did he get better rates based on the fraud?

If there is no injured party there is no crime.

If he took a loan based on an inflated worth of collateral and the lender did not have that collateral appraised then there is no fraud. That is a lack of due diligence on the lender's behalf.

But he didn't even take out a loan if I remember correctly.

That's what caused the 2008 financial crash.
No.

What caused the crash was not a few people overestimating any properties.

It was caused by a variety of factors.

One was the near zero interest rates which prompted banks to give mortgages to people who never would have qualified because they would literally lose money if they didn't lend it., another was the runaway real estate market where the value of any property is determined solely by what someone would pay for it and yet another was the bundling of mortgages to be sold as derivatives

Just look at the last runaway real estate market during and just after Covid. That alone did not cause a crash similar to 2008

Last edited:
So, if I rob a bank and then change my mind and give the money back so there is no injured party, that would not be a crime?
I think some folks see defrauding bankers as a smart and savvy move (as long as the person doing the defrauding is from their tribe) -- because who really sees banks as victims.....so to get one over on them is a good thing.....

But if I say, hey, lets raise the top marginal tax rate to make these bankers pay their fair share...suddenly the same folks are clutching their pearls in defense of the same bankers they were just cheering against...

In the normal world money lenders do their own homework and lend or not accordingly. In liberal idiot land TDS is all that's required to spout nonsense with no relation to reality.
We see it again and again. The only way to defend Trump is to screech that idiotic TDS! thing.

So, if I rob a bank and then change my mind and give the money back so there is no injured party, that would not be a crime?
I would not say there was no injured party there.

If you rob a bank you are traumatizing the employees and the customers they are injured parties in that.

But then again I don't know of a single incidence of that happening

A better analogy would be if a person robbed a bank and no one knew about it or reported it is there a victim?

Therefore if a guy overestimated his property's worth to see if he could get a loan and then never actually got a loan has fraud been committed?

Or

If a person overestimates the worth of a property and the bank does not perform its due diligence and gives the loan anyway has there been fraud?

I say no.

I think some folks see defrauding bankers as a smart and savvy move (as long as the person doing the defrauding is from their tribe) -- because who really sees banks as victims.....so to get one over on them is a good thing.....

But if I say, hey, lets raise the top marginal tax rate to make these bankers pay their fair share...suddenly the same folks are clutching their pearls in defense of the same bankers they were just cheering against...

Wrong.

It is the bank's responsibility to verify the value of an asset they might use as collateral.

If I sell you a car for 20 times it's estimated value and you buy it did I defraud you? Or did you just do something stupid because you didn;t bother to look up the KBB value?

A better analogy would be if a person robbed a bank and no one knew about it or reported it is there a victim?

Yes, there is still a victim, the bank. The bank lost money.

Therefore if a guy overestimated his property's worth to see if he could get a loan and then never actually got a loan has fraud been committed?

Or

If a person overestimates the worth of a property and the bank does not perform its due diligence and gives the loan anyway has there been fraud?

I say no.

And so far the legal system says YES, as it should.

Forum List

Back