In Politics and Society: Is it Intolerant to be Intolerant of Intolerance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did GLAAD demand that Robertson be fired?

For maybe the 30th time now yes, GLAAD demanded that Robertson be fired.

I would like to see that letter. I had heard that they simply asked A&E to disavow the statements.

And.....does it interest you that he was never fired?

Don't get trapped into allowing FF to frame the issue. GLAAD had every right by every measure imaginable to demand that A&E fire Robertson.

By arguing over whether or not GLAAD made that demand, you're implying that if FF proves that true that somehow she wins the argument.

Not only does GLAAD have the right - by every measure - to demand that firing,

GLAAD also has an implied responsibility to do so to GLAAD's supporters,

since an action like this is the stated mission of GLAAD.

Btw, FF is trying to impose an extremist definition of 'tolerant' here, i.e., that you can't call yourself 'tolerant' unless you're tolerant of everything anyone says.

That is absurd.

Did GLAAD demand that Robertson be fired?

I would like to see that letter. I had heard that they simply asked A&E to disavow the statements.

Well you heard wrong. I'm not going to repost all those links from way back when. You can do your own research if you think all they did was ask A&E to disavoiw the statements. This had nothing to do with A&E in the first place.

Phil Robertson was never fired???????? Do you watch no television? Do you read nothing? No newspapers? No magazines? No internet news? How can you say that he was never fired? It is true that A&E used the word "suspended", without pay. They unsuspended him only after the rest of the Robertson family refused to go on without him and also in the wake of millions of viewers expressing their views.

And now Jesse Jackson and his Rainbow Coalition have gotten involved and are demanding that Jackson and GLAAD meet with Cracker Barrel and A&E. Presumably they aren't going to take it lying down that both Cracker Barrel and A&E bowed to public opinion and reinstated Phil Robertson.
Jesse Jackson, GLAAD demand meeting with A&E, Cracker Barrel over Phil Robertson - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

Don't get trapped into allowing FF to frame the issue. GLAAD had every right by every measure imaginable to demand that A&E fire Robertson.

By arguing over whether or not GLAAD made that demand, you're implying that if FF proves that true that somehow she wins the argument.

Nah.....I just want to know what GLAAD did. I am not worried about being trapped.

Well you heard wrong. I'm not going to repost all those links from way back when. You can do your own research if you think all they did was ask A&E to disavoiw the statements. This had nothing to do with A&E in the first place.

Phil Robertson was never fired???????? Do you watch no television? Do you read nothing? No newspapers? No magazines? No internet news? How can you say that he was never fired? It is true that A&E used the word "suspended", without pay. They unsuspended him only after the rest of the Robertson family refused to go on without him and also in the wake of millions of viewers expressing their views.]

Oh, so you support the people who demanded A&E keep Robertson but GLAAD's demands ought to be illegal?

Jeezus you are the phoniest person on this board.

Nah.....I just want to know what GLAAD did. I am not worried about being trapped.

GLAAD did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
i would like to see that letter. I had heard that they simply asked a&e to disavow the statements.

well you heard wrong. I'm not going to repost all those links from way back when. You can do your own research if you think all they did was ask a&e to disavoiw the statements. This had nothing to do with a&e in the first place.

Phil robertson was never fired???????? Do you watch no television? Do you read nothing? No newspapers? No magazines? No internet news? How can you say that he was never fired? It is true that a&e used the word "suspended", without pay. They unsuspended him only after the rest of the robertson family refused to go on without him and also in the wake of millions of viewers expressing their views.]

oh, so you support the people who demanded a&e keep robertson but glaad's demands ought to be illegal?

Jeezus you are the phoniest person on this board.

#1, #2, #4, #5

Phil Robertson was never fired???????? Do you watch no television? Do you read nothing? No newspapers? No magazines? No internet news? How can you say that he was never fired? It is true that A&E used the word "suspended", without pay. They unsuspended him only after the rest of the Robertson family refused to go on without him and also in the wake of millions of viewers expressing their views.

And now Jesse Jackson and his Rainbow Coalition have gotten involved and are demanding that Jackson and GLAAD meet with Cracker Barrel and A&E. Presumably they aren't going to take it lying down that both Cracker Barrel and A&E bowed to public opinion and reinstated Phil Robertson.
Jesse Jackson, GLAAD demand meeting with A&E, Cracker Barrel over Phil Robertson - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

I looked online for the text of whatever GLAAD wrote to A&E.....and could not find it. If you have it, I would appreciate a link.

And ....he was not fired. In show business....getting fired means getting the show cancelled. Charlie Sheen got fired. He is not on his show any longer.

Phil Roberston had his wrist slapped for what turned out to be a few days.

He was never fired. The next several shows have already been filmed and he is in them......he was always going to be in them.

Stop insulting my intelligence, please.

[
And GLAAD was unwilling to allow him his belief, to be who and what he is. That should be reprehensible and unacceptable to ANY freedom loving person.

Staying silent when someone is preaching bigotry and hatred is what is reprehensible.

I looked online for the text of whatever GLAAD wrote to A&E.....and could not find it. If you have it, I would appreciate a link.

And ....he was not fired. In show business....getting fired means getting the show cancelled. Charlie Sheen got fired. He is not on his show any longer.

Phil Roberston had his wrist slapped for what turned out to be a few days.

He was never fired. The next several shows have already been filmed and he is in them......he was always going to be in them.

i guess when a cop is suspended without pay he is "Fired" in Foxes world. Even when they go back to the job.

I have to ask Lone, why are you even making Foxes argument a legit opinion?

If this is accurate, and I don't know that it is without doing some further research, I wonder if our leftist friends condone this?

December 26, 2013
On Tuesday, the Daily Caller reported that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance against Discrimination -- the group responsible for A&E's suspension of Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson -- has repeatedly called for the censorship of speech and content with which they disagree.

GLAAD, the Daily Caller said, "aims specifically to silence political opponents and highlights its censorship efforts in public statements and fundraising pitches.
Goodbye free speech: GLAAD seeks to censor those critical of homosexuality - Spokane Conservative | Examiner.com

What's funny is that in reality not a single conservative on this board agrees with FF,

despite some pretending to.

The next time a liberal says something that is offensive to conservatives in the media, count how many of those people defend him or her.

well you heard wrong. I'm not going to repost all those links from way back when. You can do your own research if you think all they did was ask a&e to disavoiw the statements. This had nothing to do with a&e in the first place.

Phil robertson was never fired???????? Do you watch no television? Do you read nothing? No newspapers? No magazines? No internet news? How can you say that he was never fired? It is true that a&e used the word "suspended", without pay. They unsuspended him only after the rest of the robertson family refused to go on without him and also in the wake of millions of viewers expressing their views.

And now jesse jackson and his rainbow coalition have gotten involved and are demanding that jackson and glaad meet with cracker barrel and a&e. Presumably they aren't going to take it lying down that both cracker barrel and a&e bowed to public opinion and reinstated phil robertson.
jesse jackson, glaad demand meeting with a&e, cracker barrel over phil robertson - spokane conservative | examiner.com

i looked online for the text of whatever glaad wrote to a&e.....and could not find it. If you have it, i would appreciate a link.

And ....he was not fired. In show business....getting fired means getting the show cancelled. Charlie sheen got fired. He is not on his show any longer.

Phil roberston had his wrist slapped for what turned out to be a few days.

i guess when a cop is suspended without pay he is "fired" in foxes world. Even when they go back to the job.

I have to ask lone, why are you even making foxes argument a legit opinion?

#2, #4, #5

[
And GLAAD was unwilling to allow him his belief, to be who and what he is. That should be reprehensible and unacceptable to ANY freedom loving person.

Staying silent when someone is preaching bigotry and hatred is what is reprehensible.

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, on this thread has suggested anybody should stay silent.

they voiced an opinion on what Phil said, and said A&E shouldnt have him on the show.
The Irony is how Fox is being intolerant of Glaad's right to having the freedom to express their opinion that Phil should not be on the show. She and others are doing exactly what she in her Thread are whining about. But this is what you get when you allow someone with a childs brain to post on the internet and treat their opinion as equal.

i looked online for the text of whatever glaad wrote to a&e.....and could not find it. If you have it, i would appreciate a link.

And ....he was not fired. In show business....getting fired means getting the show cancelled. Charlie sheen got fired. He is not on his show any longer.

Phil roberston had his wrist slapped for what turned out to be a few days.

i guess when a cop is suspended without pay he is "fired" in foxes world. Even when they go back to the job.

I have to ask lone, why are you even making foxes argument a legit opinion?

#2, #4, #5

huh? Quit being intolerant of people.

[

Nobody, and I do mean nobody, on this thread has suggested anybody should stay silent.

well yes you are actually. You are being intolerant of Glaad voicing their opinion that Phil should not be on the show, and thus going after his livelihood. That they shouldnt be able to boycott such things either.
You are lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back