In Theory Liberals Should Not Be Allowed To Hold Office In America.

Abraham Lincoln, a member of the moderate faction of the Republican Party and the Republican's very first president ended slavery.
Dwight Eisenhower is responsible for the US's interstate highway system and his public works project developed a strong middle class which led to years of a strong economy.
Nice try. But you can't label anyone you want a moderate to make your case. Lincoln was very controversial in the day and was killed for it. Installing a national road system is how you define moderate? Investing in a sound infrastructure is good business and hardly "non-conservative". Contrary to your world view conservatives do spend money, they just choose to do it wisely.

Liberals must lie to take the oath.

“I, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Liberals WROTE the Constitution

Abraham Lincoln, a member of the moderate faction of the Republican Party and the Republican's very first president ended slavery.
Dwight Eisenhower is responsible for the US's interstate highway system and his public works project developed a strong middle class which led to years of a strong economy.
Nice try. But you can't label anyone you want a moderate to make your case. Lincoln was very controversial in the day and was killed for it. Installing a national road system is how you define moderate? Investing in a sound infrastructure is good business and hardly "non-conservative". Contrary to your world view conservatives do spend money, they just choose to do it wisely.

So you're saying that Lincoln wasn't a leader of the moderate faction of the Republican Party?
"As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Lincoln came under attack from all sides."- Abraham Lincoln

"Lincoln, a moderate from a swing state, secured the Republican Party presidential nomination in 1860."
"As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Lincoln confronted Radical Republicans who demanded harsher treatment of the South, War Democrats who called for more compromise, antiwar Democrats called Copperheads who despised him, and irreconcilable secessionists who plotted his death." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln

So you're saying that Lincoln wasn't a leader of the moderate faction of the Republican Party?
"As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Lincoln came under attack from all sides."- Abraham Lincoln

"Lincoln, a moderate from a swing state, secured the Republican Party presidential nomination in 1860."
"As the leader of the moderate faction of the Republican party, Lincoln confronted Radical Republicans who demanded harsher treatment of the South, War Democrats who called for more compromise, antiwar Democrats called Copperheads who despised him, and irreconcilable secessionists who plotted his death." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln
Wikipedia??? LOL.

“I, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

This is such a perfect example of how the Republicans work. You make an enemy, then shout anyone down who dares to criticise you, because you're then put in a position of being bad for the US because you don't attack the "enemy" at all costs.

The USSR was perfect for the right, they could claim any liberal was a Communist, therefore the enemy, therefore against the USA.

Ridiculous.

The USSR was perfect for the right, they could claim any liberal was a Communist, therefore the enemy, therefore against the USA.

Ridiculous.

of course the liberals helped us a great deal by spying for the USSR and giving Stalin (the most evil man in history) the Bomb!! You mean liberals are rediculously stupid?

Liberals WROTE the Constitution

how odd to say our founders were liberal given that their Constitution created a govt 1% the size of todays on an per capita inflation adjusted basis!!

See why we are positive that liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

I notice you repeat this same phrase over and over again throughout this thread......as though it provides you with some false sense of security.

dear, what phrase??? If you find it mistaken please say why or admit as a liberal you lack the IQ for subtance.

of course the liberals helped us a great deal by spying for the USSR and giving Stalin (the most evil man in history) the Bomb!! You mean liberals are rediculously stupid?

Oh, it's you. No wonder I thought this thread was so damn RIDICULOUS. How are the spelling lessons coming along anyway? Is your grammar well to? She didn't have a heart attack or anything?

This so called ideology seems to lack any kind of consistency,

The perfectly illiterate liberal is saying that Aristotle Cicero Jefferson Kirk and Friedman were inconsistent? How 100% meaningless given that as an illiterate he has not read them even in Cliff Notes form!

Oh, it's you. No wonder I thought this thread was so damn RIDICULOUS. How are the spelling lessons coming along anyway? Is your grammar well to? She didn't have a heart attack or anything?

liberal without IQ for substance trying to change subject.

funny that's the 10th time you used that gem and the 10th time it's failed.
besides IQ for substance is gibberish

Well you should know, it's your speciality.

Wikipedia??? LOL.

I take it you post similar comments when one of your own @ USMB uses Wikipedia, which they do quite frequently.
Now what have you to say about the Princeton piece? Do you want to demonize that one too because it disagrees with you?
Hows about: 4 reasons Abraham Lincoln wouldn t win the GOP nomination in 2012 - He tended toward moderate positions and long complex arguments - CSMonitor.com
or
Lincoln Slavery and Racism The Historic Present
or
Evidence for The Unpopular Mr. Lincoln

I take it you post similar comments when one of your own @ USMB uses Wikipedia, which they do quite frequently.
Now what have you to say about the Princeton piece? Do you want to demonize that one too because it disagrees with you?
Hows about: 4 reasons Abraham Lincoln wouldn t win the GOP nomination in 2012 - He tended toward moderate positions and long complex arguments - CSMonitor.com
or
or
Wikipedia is a joke regardless of who uses it. I'm not going to waste time reading some idiot's hit piece on why Lincoln couldn't win the nomination in 2012. JFK couldn't have won the Democrat nomination then either.

or
or
Wikipedia is a joke regardless of who uses it. I'm not going to waste time reading some idiot's hit piece on why Lincoln couldn't win the nomination in 2012. JFK couldn't have won the Democrat nomination then either.

I gave you a total of five resources, you demonized two, why not address the other three resources?
Ahhhh, why bother? Your mind is set and nothing will change your mind. If Lincoln came to you as a ghost and told you, "I was a moderate", you'd call him a liar. :bang3:

This so called ideology seems to lack any kind of consistency,

The perfectly illiterate liberal is saying that Aristotle Cicero Jefferson Kirk and Friedman were inconsistent? How 100% meaningless given that as an illiterate he has not read them even in Cliff Notes form!

Why do you mention authors you've obviously never read?

Ridiculous.

You're the one who started this absolutely stupid thread. One can't get much more stupid than that!

Ridiculous.

You're the one who started this absolutely stupid thread. One can't get much more stupid than that!

dear, if you think liberals should be allowed to hold office given the oath they must take please say why or admit as a liberal, you lack the IQ to say why.

Forum List

Back