Indiana House passes "religious freedom" bill

Well that didn't take long. It's no loss really, these freaks are....well freaks. If they didn't look so comical in their silly costumes it would be sad.

Gen Con threatens to move convention if Gov. Mike Pence signs religious freedom bill

The organizers of Gen Con, the city's largest convention in attendance and economic impact, are threatening to move the event elsewhere if Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial religious freedom legislation that could allow business owners to refuse services to same-sex couples.

"Legislation that could allow for refusal of service or discrimination against our attendees will have a direct negative impact on the state's economy, and will factor into our decision-making on hosting the convention in the state of Indiana in future years," said Adrian Swartout, owner and CEO of Gen Con LLC, in a letter sent to Pence just hours after lawmakers sent the measure to his desk.

Gen Con threatens to move convention if Gov. Mike Pence signs religious freedom bill

Well that didn't take long. It's no loss really, these freaks are....well freaks. If they didn't look so comical in their silly costumes it would be sad.

The organizers of Gen Con, the city's largest convention in attendance and economic impact, are threatening to move the event elsewhere if Gov. Mike Pence signs controversial religious freedom legislation that could allow business owners to refuse services to same-sex couples.

"Legislation that could allow for refusal of service or discrimination against our attendees will have a direct negative impact on the state's economy, and will factor into our decision-making on hosting the convention in the state of Indiana in future years," said Adrian Swartout, owner and CEO of Gen Con LLC, in a letter sent to Pence just hours after lawmakers sent the measure to his desk.

Oh dear. You mean decisions have consequences? Rightwingers don't think their decisions should have consequences.

The old joke in Indiana is don't go to downtown Indy on two occasions, Gen Con and Black Expo. Nothing good can come of either LOL

Anyone "oppressing" Christians? What businesses are not serving Christians? They would have to put up a sign too.

Simple question. Do you see government forcing of a person to provide a service against their beliefs as oppression or not?

If the government forced you to do something you don't want to do are you not oppressed by them?

If the service is part of the regular business service that the business provides to the public and the person or persons seeking service do not share the same sexual orientation as the business owners then I believe that is discrimination.

The government forces me to do stuff all the time that I don't want to do. I don't want to come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign. I want to be able to go to a bar and drink and smoke at the same time. I want to go 70 in a 55 on the freeway..........I don't want to be subject to a fine if I don't buckle up or I forget to wear a helmut.....

Find me a verifiable religious belief that prevents you from following any of those laws.

Also, none of those prevent you from making a living if you don't conform.

But a nice attempt at equivocation, a bad one, but nice.

You don't think that not conforming to the laws can prevent you from making a living? What log do you live under?

Laws like this shouldn't force you to choose between your morality or your livelihood, particularly for something as trivial as a wedding cake.

It's kind of senseless to say this, because if you don't get it by now, nothing I can say will get through to you. They weren't asking for them to condone the wedding.......They just wanted the cake shop to make a damn cake. It's not that complicated.

Simple question. Do you see government forcing of a person to provide a service against their beliefs as oppression or not?

If the government forced you to do something you don't want to do are you not oppressed by them?

If the service is part of the regular business service that the business provides to the public and the person or persons seeking service do not share the same sexual orientation as the business owners then I believe that is discrimination.

The government forces me to do stuff all the time that I don't want to do. I don't want to come to a full and complete stop at every stop sign. I want to be able to go to a bar and drink and smoke at the same time. I want to go 70 in a 55 on the freeway..........I don't want to be subject to a fine if I don't buckle up or I forget to wear a helmut.....

Find me a verifiable religious belief that prevents you from following any of those laws.

You don't think that not conforming to the laws can prevent you from making a living? What log do you live under?

Laws like this shouldn't force you to choose between your morality or your livelihood, particularly for something as trivial as a wedding cake.

It's kind of senseless to say this, because if you don't get it by now, nothing I can say will get through to you. They weren't asking for them to condone the wedding.......They just wanted the cake shop to make a damn cake. It's not that complicated.
If it was a regular wedding cake, you would be correct. But they wanted a gay wedding cake, with two little female pervert figurines perched on top of it. Something they didn't even have in stock and would have to special order.

If it was a regular wedding cake, you would be correct. But they wanted a gay wedding cake, with two little female pervert figurines perched on top of it. Something they didn't even have in stock and would have to special order.
If they don't stock them, they don't have to sell them. They do stock what's needed to make cakes I assume, yes or no?

Oh my.....A cake shop having to order little figures for the top of a wedding cake.......I'll bet they don't have to do that but about a million times a year.

This should also effectively undermine all protection of religious affiliation as a protected class.

If they don't stock them, they don't have to sell them. They do stock what's needed to make cakes I assume, yes or no?
Think about this. That couple that owned the bakery lost their business simply because someone got offended when they decided not to compromise their religious principles. They could have gone to another bakery. There are plenty of them in the area. I know. I checked. Now, if someone is not free to run a business without compromising their religious beliefs, is anything sacred? Which freedom will they go after next? Think about it.

Think about this. That couple that owned the bakery lost their business simply because someone got offended when they decided not to compromise their religious principles. They could have gone to another bakery. There are plenty of them in the area. I know. I checked. Now, if someone is not free to run a business without compromising their religious beliefs, is anything sacred? Which freedom will they go after next? Think about it.
I have thought about. Bake the stupid cake. Baking cakes is not serving God.

Oh my.....A cake shop having to order little figures for the top of a wedding cake.......I'll bet they don't have to do that but about a million times a year.
You just don't get it. That couple was asked to do something that they believe was wrong. It doesn't matter if you agree with them, or not. They did what they thought was right and were punished for it. But then, people like you probably think it's ok because it happened to some Bible thumpers. Just remember. If they can do something like this to Christians, they can do it to anyone.

You just don't get it. That couple was asked to do something that they believe was wrong. It doesn't matter if you agree with them, or not. They did what they thought was right and were punished for it. But then, people like you probably think it's ok because it happened to some Bible thumpers. Just remember. If they can do something like this to Christians, they can do it to anyone.
A business is not a church. Now you know.

Do as you are ordered!

Perhaps the right to be served by any business equally? If someone's religion says blacks are not acceptable, can a restaurant refuse to serve them?

Do as you are ordered!
Regulated capitalism baby, love it or serve God. Pick one...

A business is not a church. Now you know.
A business owner is a person, and people have rights. Do you think it's right to force someone to do something that they believe is wrong?

Do as you are ordered!
Regulated capitalism baby, love it or serve God. Pick one...

Oh... shoot. I forgot. Fuck you, troll.

Forum List

Back