Indiana Pizza Fundraiser...not what conservatives think.

So the bigot owners of Memories Pizza make a public announcement that they will not do business with gays in the same way they would do business with straights and you call that not asking to be involved? They demanded to be "involved"...and now they are going to take your money and run.
They did not demand to be interviewed, hence they did not demand to be "involved".

They could have said "no comment"...not "no queer weddings for our pizza!". They wanted the attention. Attention whores getting paid perhaps?
What YOU could have done is simply decided not to go there to buy a pizza and STFU. But you chose not to take that common sense step and throw all your hatred at them instead.

Let's not forget where the anger started. It started with the atrocity perpetrated by Mike Pence and the Indiana legislature.

THEY are the root cause here.
These laws started with the "atrocity" perpetrated by Congress and signed into law by Bill Clinton.

Why are you such a fuckin' liar?

Actually it started when two guys who liked to do Peyote lost their case to the Supreme Court. The RFRA signed by Clinton was designed to allow those guys to have their trip and not lose their jobs...or to allow the Sikhs to wear their turbans or carry ceremonial knifes, prohibit bans on hijabs...stuff like that. It was not designed as a license for bigots to discriminate.

No, that's not the very public statement they made (inviting the negative attention).

Memories Pizza refuses to cater gay weddings or celebrations. Crystal's father Kevin O'Connor defended his position: "I choose to be heterosexual. They choose to be homosexual. Why should I be beat over the head to go along with something they choose?"
If they had made a public statement saying "we don't cater weddings", that would be a different situation and story. Nobody would have cared and they wouldn't be grifting off the haters. Nope, instead they told a reporter that they would not cater a gay wedding. Not that they would not cater weddings, but gay weddings.
Why did the reporter ask the question? Knowing they don't cater weddings? Why don't you mention the muslim baker that refused catering to a queer wedding, and told him to go down the street? You and your kind are hypocrites.

Why should I mention a completely unrelated incident...and a faked one at that?

The pizza owner did not have to answer the question. He put himself out there. He made a statement. Not the statement you mistakenly claim that they made, that they don't cater weddings, but a very specific and distinct claim about "queer" weddings.
So you are a hypocrite? You and your kind will let muslims do whatever to you? The war on christianity continues.

No. If an actual gay couple, even a gay Muslim couple, went into a Muslim baker to order their wedding cake and was told emphatically that they would not be served because they were gay, I would expect there to be just as much backlash and in states with LOCAL (not Federal like those Civil Rights Act that prevents discrimination based on religion) PA laws, I would expect there to be action taken.

When a real case happens, not one faked by a radio show host, we can talk.

It really didn't happen at the Pizza place either. Lies, lies everywhere are lies........................

Nobody has said that anyone was denied service. The owner made a public statement to a reporter that he would not cater gay weddings.

They want to treat the "queers" differently than they treat the straights.

Hey, the restaurants let the blacks eat at their establishment...they just didn't think they were fully human and should be at the table with them...so the Civil Rights Act was passed.

oh oh oh, cry us all a river sea. waaa waaa waa. they want to treat us different. but it's ok for us (your words: queers) to shit all over them

knock it off. you just like a whiner nowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can't stomach anymore...have at it

This is an interesting tactic you deploy when you don't want to answer a question. I understand your reluctance to answer it. Makes you a little uncomfortable doesn't it? Just like when you wouldn't answer the question about the Kansas Governor taking away employment protections from gay STATE employees.

I guess it works for you.
I would have to read it, the way liberals lie and queers act like 2 years olds. I don't believe it.

Governor Orders End To LGBT Protected Class

Wasn't it you who just made a claim that was untrue regarding statements made by the pizza owner? Glass houses and all...
What did I say that was untrue? I said he wouldn't cater a queer wedding, because of his religious beliefs. If he actually did cater weddings.

I have been to a few weddings and never has Pizza been on the menu. But I do wish it were instead of the endless rigatoni.

Why did the reporter ask the question? Knowing they don't cater weddings? Why don't you mention the muslim baker that refused catering to a queer wedding, and told him to go down the street? You and your kind are hypocrites.

The pizza owner did not have to answer the question. He put himself out there. He made a statement. Not the statement you mistakenly claim that they made, that they don't cater weddings, but a very specific and distinct claim about "queer" weddings.
So you are a hypocrite? You and your kind will let muslims do whatever to you? The war on christianity continues.

No. If an actual gay couple, even a gay Muslim couple, went into a Muslim baker to order their wedding cake and was told emphatically that they would not be served because they were gay, I would expect there to be just as much backlash and in states with LOCAL (not Federal like those Civil Rights Act that prevents discrimination based on religion) PA laws, I would expect there to be action taken.

It really didn't happen at the Pizza place either. Lies, lies everywhere are lies........................

Nobody has said that anyone was denied service. The owner made a public statement to a reporter that he would not cater gay weddings.

He also said, if I remember correctly, he had absolutely no problem serving homosexuals.

They want to treat the "queers" differently than they treat the straights.

Hey, the restaurants let the blacks eat at their establishment...they just didn't think they were fully human and should be at the table with them...so the Civil Rights Act was passed.

oh oh oh, cry us all a river sea. waaa waaa waa. they want to treat us different. but it's ok for us (your words: queers) to shit all over them

knock it off. you just like a whiner nowzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I can't stomach anymore...have at it

This is an interesting tactic you deploy when you don't want to answer a question. I understand your reluctance to answer it. Makes you a little uncomfortable doesn't it? Just like when you wouldn't answer the question about the Kansas Governor taking away employment protections from gay STATE employees.

I guess it works for you.
I would have to read it, the way liberals lie and queers act like 2 years olds. I don't believe it.

Governor Orders End To LGBT Protected Class

Wasn't it you who just made a claim that was untrue regarding statements made by the pizza owner? Glass houses and all...
What did I say that was untrue? I said he wouldn't cater a queer wedding, because of his religious beliefs. If he actually did cater weddings.

Right here. Post number 69 (snicker). I'll quote you.

"They don't offer catering to anyone"

Libs and homos are just upset they didn't get $840,000.

man this brought out who the haters are in the country...and they're still going on about it...it's sick

The haters are the ones who gave him a cash reward.

So those that threatened violence against the restaurant aren't haters?

Absolutely! Threats of violence or property damage are absolutely wrong, should be condemned and the incidents investigated and prosecuted.

Bigots, where there are no protections for gays in Public Accommodations, should be boycotted and swamped with snarky Yelp reviews.

He also said, if I remember correctly, he had absolutely no problem serving homosexuals.

Yes, and? He still wants to treat gays differently. That is discrimination. He should be boycotted by gays and their allies and be given snarky (but funny) Yelp reviews.

You love all this hate threads on people donating money.

and according to them it's only BEEN CONSERVATIVES...they know from their crystal balls not ONE LIBERAL has donated jack shit because.....well just because

and they know this because some website called. FORWARD Progressives told them so

good grief you people are something else
"A fool and their money are soon parted." :D

[QUOTE="Seawytch, post: 11119643, member: 24452
Nobody has said that anyone was denied service. The owner made a public statement to a reporter that he would not cater gay weddings.[/QUOTE]
As usual you are wrong, it was the owners daughter that made the statement.

Yes, and? He still wants to treat gays differently. That is discrimination. He should be boycotted by gays and their allies and be given snarky (but funny) Yelp reviews.

No, he wants to treat ceremonies differently. Please, post a sign at the store telling people that gays are boycotting the store. Please I want to know.

Have you ever been to a wedding that served pizza?

[QUOTE="Seawytch, post: 11119643, member: 24452
Nobody has said that anyone was denied service. The owner made a public statement to a reporter that he would not cater gay weddings.[/QUOTE]

man this brought out who the haters are in the country...and they're still going on about it...it's sick

Absolutely! Threats of violence or property damage are absolutely wrong, should be condemned and the incidents investigated and prosecuted.

Bigots, where there are no protections for gays in Public Accommodations, should be boycotted and swamped with snarky Yelp reviews.

I agree with you, there are ways to protest and then ways not to protest.

It's his opinion, so he should lose his business over it, for a small minority? His restaurant serves queers.

From the earlier link...

Co-owner Crystal O'Connor told a local news station that if a gay couple wanted to order pizzas for their wedding, "we would have to say no." The family's devotion to their Christian faith is strong, and they identify as "a Christian establishment."

It's his opinion, so he should lose his business over it, for a small minority? His restaurant serves queers.

It's his opinon that he stated openly to a reporter. Yes, he deserves to suffer the consequences of making public statements.

I think he should be able to keep out the "queers" or the mooooslims since it's in an urban area where there are plenty more pizza joints...I just think he should have to put up a sign saying so. He wouldn't know I was gay so I wouldn't know he was anti gay. I don't want to give him my money any more than he wants it...so he should tell me up front (and suffer the boycotts as a result)

He's 100% entitled to his opinion, but the protesters boycotting are entitled to theirs.

I agree with you, there are ways to protest and then ways not to protest.

No arguments there. I hope they investigate fully the threats and get the fuckers.

Forum List

Back