'Instead of Gaza' | How should we name the new city?

WAKE THE F**K UP, COYOTE!!!!

I'm sure that our not so moderate moderator is fully aware of the atrocities perpetrated by Hamas butchers and the need of Israel to respond as they have.

I suspect her unwillingness to publically acknowledge that and continue to hurl false accusations on Jews is because;

A) It fits her ideological narrative and to change would require self-examination

B) A contrarian streak that feels the need to lash out against anything that society considers proper or just.

C) A visceral hatred of Jews.

Or any combination of the above

I'm sure that our not so moderate moderator is fully aware of the atrocities perpetrated by Hamas butchers and the need of Israel to respond as they have.
I’ve stated any number a number of times that:

a) What Hamas did was unequivocally wrong, a war crime and an act of war on Israel.

b) Israel, like any other sovereign nation has a right to respond, to protect its civilians and it’s borders.

I suspect her unwillingness to publically acknowledge that and continue to hurl false accusations on Jews is because;

Crap like this is exactly why I don’t bother much with IP discussions. I have acknowledged this multiple times,

What false accusations? Be specific.

A) It fits her ideological narrative and to change would require self-examination
Projection much?

B) A contrarian streak that feels the need to lash out against anything that society considers proper or just.

You might want to think about constitutes proper or just.

C) A visceral hatred of Jews.

Your natural default spew when Israel is criticized.

Or any combination of the above

Keep trying.

Irony. When people who themselves are descendents of an ethnic group forcibly expelled multiple times now want to forceably expel another ethnic group so they can move in and take over the relestate. Now, to be fair, that view is mainly coming out of Israel’s rabid religious right faction.

Irony. When people who themselves are descendents of an ethnic group forcibly expelled multiple times now want to forceably expel another ethnic group so they can move in and take over the relestate. Now, to be fair, that view is mainly coming out of Israel’s rabid religious right faction.

So it's an "irony"...to you?
and it's mere irony to "Free Palestine" drama queens?

Take some context, for you its preaching morality and virtue signaling
from thousands of miles away, and you assume this moral high ground,
making Gazans the cheap commodity in a pseudo intellectual race bait jerk.

Your participation in threads on topics related to Israel have been frequent and particularly one-sided for some time now.

Your contempt for the Jewish state and it's Jewish citizens is well known.
Israel should be treated with the same regard for rights and responsibilities as any other nation. The fact that I do not agree that Israel can never be criticized or held to account is not contempt.

Israel is no different than any other nation.

We see and discuss unfair treatment when Israel is uniquely criticized for defending itself as any other nation can (and does). But we don’t seem to want to discuss it when Israel is uniquely protected from criticism or accountability as you seek to do.

One sided? Glass houses much?

Israel should be treated with the same regard for rights and responsibilities as any other nation.

Name any other nation in human history that when so brutally attacked is labeled an aggressor for attempting to prevent a reoccurrance of the attack.

Criticism of Israel isn't a bad thing. Every Israeli does it loudly and constantly.

Holding Israel to an impossible standard while simultaneously excusing what its enemies do and accusing Jews of performong genocide, or worse, reeks of something much different from criticism.

We all know from where that comes.

I’ve stated any number a number of times that:

a) What Hamas did was unequivocally wrong, a war crime and an act of war on Israel.

b) Israel, like any other sovereign nation has a right to respond, to protect its civilians and it’s borders.

Crap like this is exactly why I don’t bother much with IP discussions. I have acknowledged this multiple times,

What false accusations? Be specific.

Projection much?

You might want to think about constitutes proper or just.

Your natural default spew when Israel is criticized.

Keep trying.

It's not a right, but an obligation - changes everything.

IDF alone doesn't end the war.

Only Jewish presence.

Name any other nation in human history that when so brutally attacked is labeled an aggressor for attempting to prevent a reoccurrance of the attack.

And that statement is exactly the point I am making.

Do they have the right to prevent a reoccurrence of an attack? Yes.

Is that an unrestricted right? I don’t think so and that applies to ANY nation. For example, the right of a nation to defend itself should not include genocide (just to use an extreme example). At some point self defense is in danger of crossing the line into war crimes. Israel had MASSIVE international support after October 7. Hamas, almost none, including from Arab states. That is not being “brutally attacked”.

Support has slid (rightfully in my opinion) as the reality of the devastation wreaked on Gaza has unfolded, born almost entirely by it’s civilians...the huge civilian death tolls, and unwillingness of Israel’s current government to listen to its allies or consider alternative courses of action (more targeted than the mass bombings) or consider a political solution or plan for afterwards. The unwillingness to address the more extremist voices in their own government who are making it more difficult for some nations to support the war.

Expressing doubts or anger about what we are seeing in Gaza is not ”brutally attacking Israel”, but there certainly seems to be a concerted effort to shit the critics down.

There is another bloody war going on right now: Ukraine. And the IS and others are providing support and arms…just like we are Israel. Ukraine is also in an existential battle. Yet it has been relatively careful to limit its attacks on Russian civilian centers. I suspect if it did not, if it wasn’t careful to avoid igniting a larger regional conflict…support would have slipped. I also suspect that Ukraine is working with its allies in all this, not publicly dissing them while demanding military aid.

If Israel is being ”brutally attacked” it might behoove you to look a bit more critically at their own actions.

Criticism of Israel isn't a bad thing. Every Israeli does it loudly and constantly.
To bad no one else can.

Holding Israel to an impossible standard while simultaneously excusing what its enemies do and accusing Jews of performong genocide, or worse, reeks of something much different from criticism.

It isn’t anm possible standard. It is a standard WE learned the hard way in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Genocide is a tricky accusation. It also isn’t entirely unfair one. What is occurring isn’t genocide. Yet.

Just because people are Jewish does not mean they are incapable of genocide. They are human after all. And genocide is an ugly truth in human history that no one is exempt from. But, now we can’t mention it right? Shutting down discussion.

We all know from where that comes.
Oh. I get it. Criticize what Israel is doing in Gaza and it’s antisemitic. Your perfect “get out of jail free” card. That is how you shut down any dialogue on what is happening and we NEED that dialogue both pro and con, not just one side.

Forum List

Back