Intel Chiefs To Trump: Russian Operatives Claim To Have Compromising Information About You

Intel chiefs presented Trump with claims of Russian efforts to compromise him.

(CNN)Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.

One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

CNN has confirmed that the synopsis was included in the documents that were presented to Mr. Trump but cannot confirm if it was discussed in his meeting with the intelligence chiefs.

The Trump transition team declined repeated requests for comment.

More: Intel Chiefs To Trump: Russian Operatives Claim To Have Compromising Information About You

So, now the Russians have compromising information to blackmail Trump while president. Ain't that comforting.
You thinkin Trump won't win the election? :lol:

(CNN)Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The allegations were presented in a two-page synopsis that was appended to a report on Russian interference in the 2016 election. The allegations came, in part, from memos compiled by a former British intelligence operative, whose past work US intelligence officials consider credible. The FBI is investigating the credibility and accuracy of these allegations, which are based primarily on information from Russian sources, but has not confirmed many essential details in the memos about Mr. Trump.

The classified briefings last week were presented by four of the senior-most US intelligence chiefs -- Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, FBI Director James Comey, CIA Director John Brennan, and NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers.

One reason the nation's intelligence chiefs took the extraordinary step of including the synopsis in the briefing documents was to make the President-elect aware that such allegations involving him are circulating among intelligence agencies, senior members of Congress and other government officials in Washington, multiple sources tell CNN.

These senior intelligence officials also included the synopsis to demonstrate that Russia had compiled information potentially harmful to both political parties, but only released information damaging to Hillary Clinton and Democrats. This synopsis was not an official part of the report from the intelligence community case about Russian hacks, but some officials said it augmented the evidence that Moscow intended to harm Clinton's candidacy and help Trump's, several officials with knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials.

Sources tell CNN that these same allegations about communications between the Trump campaign and the Russians, mentioned in classified briefings for congressional leaders last year, prompted then-Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid to send a letter to FBI Director Comey in October, in which he wrote, "It has become clear that you possess explosive information about close ties and coordination between Donald Trump, his top advisors, and the Russian government -- a foreign interest openly hostile to the United States."

CNN has confirmed that the synopsis was included in the documents that were presented to Mr. Trump but cannot confirm if it was discussed in his meeting with the intelligence chiefs.

More: Intel Chiefs To Trump: Russian Operatives Claim To Have Compromising Information About You

So, now the Russians have compromising information to blackmail Trump while president. Ain't that comforting.
"Sources tell CNN..." Yawn. Now you know it cannot be believed.

Clearly folks had best not piss off Trump, he'll hire people to piss on everything you've touched. A sweet revenge in ammonia?

Still, even if Trump's into golden showers, a lot of folks don't give a shit... or well there's a surprising amount who would be happy to do so. There's a shit ton of people out there that are into scat fetishes. Not my bag, but well whatever floats ones boat; so long as it's consensual I'm not going to stick my nose in it. (No I will not apologize for my terrible slow puns!) On a more serious note, I think it's the manifest of a psychological plea for attention personally - which really wouldn't be that surprising for Trump.

My vote? Our government has officially gone off the deep end putting crap like this out to the media. I knew they were desperate but holy fucking shit are they desperate... I guess it's true then, the Democrat party is completely dead, not willing to take their party back they're going to let it go down in history as a laughing stock. I'd say it was a shame, but frankly if that's the game they're going to play it's really not.

Perhaps it's finally Karma, a party created specifically to oppose blacks having freedom really should go down in a golden shower...

So the attempt by foreign governments to dig up dirt on American politicians is fresh news in what way?

Alert: Shittingbull has been posting threads about how the Russians supported Trump and stole the election for him.

Breaking: Now Shittingbull is posting threads about how the Russians will compromise him.

Bigger Alert: Shittingbull is a fucking idiot. Take that one to the bank folks.

Mebbe its the Chinese?...
confused.gif

Moscow denies having compromising information about Trump
Jan 11,`17 -- A spokesman for President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday denied allegations that the Kremlin has collected compromising information about U.S. President-elect Donald Trump, deriding the claim as a "complete fabrication and utter nonsense." "This is an evident attempt to harm our bilateral ties," Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters in Moscow. "The Kremlin does not engage in collecting compromising information."
A U.S. official told The Associated Press on Tuesday that intelligence officials had informed Trump about an unsubstantiated report that Russia had compromising personal and financial information about him. The official spoke on the condition of anonymity because the official was not allowed to publicly discuss the matter. After news reports were published about the briefing, Trump tweeted: "FAKE NEWS - A TOTAL POLITICAL WITCH HUNT!"

Peskov dismissed the report but commented that the allegations could be used to keep American politicians from wanting to improve ties with Russia. "We should treat it with humor, but there is a sad side to it, too," he said. "There are people who are whipping up this frenzy, who are doing their best to keep this witch hunt going."

Peskov described the report as part of efforts to "keep harming the relations, not allow anyone to think about whether this is in the interests of both countries, the interests of the global community and what can be done to move from a total confrontation to a more constructive approach."

News from The Associated Press

Just to set the record straight, this report did not come from 4chan or whatever you guys keep yapping about. As I understand it, this information came from an ordered investigation by a Washington think tank. They hired an ex MI6 agent with contacts in Russia, who passed on several months worth of research to the FBI, which themselves handed it over to John Mccain.

This information has passed through a lot of hands in the highest levels of the US government before ever being put into that intelligence briefing. I know you wannabe private investigators think you have it all figured out, but think again.

At any rate, if this information is verified, it will be the worse political scandal in US history. No doubt it will accelerate the demise of the United States of America.
It came from Buzzfeed who made it all up.

So McCain, Obama and Trump getting a report from FBI on this is all made up, right?
Have you found the weapons of mass destruction in Iraq yet?

No, and the intelligence didn't release unanimous report that they did have them either.

Read up

The pre-war intelligence on Iraq: Wrong or hyped by the Bush White House?

If Americans cannot trust American Inteligence then who can we trust? Putin and Assange maybe :rolleyes:? The line of argument is Trump grade pathetic.

"I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!" - President Trump on twitter just now

"Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!" - Trump

"I win an election easily, a great "movement" is verified, and crooked opponents try to belittle our victory with FAKE NEWS. A sorry state!" - President Trump on twitter just now

Yep pathetic, small man as usual, pissing past the point, because he is just to stupid to figure it out behind his never ending memememe quest.

Sounds like Trump is now Putin's bitch.

This kind of stuff, if verified, would void an Election in an other western first world country... A new election would be called...

The laugh or real concern is his brainwashed supporters probably wouldn't think this that bad...

The allegation is he took aide and co-ordinated with the enemy... Simply put, this would be the worst scandal to his the US presidency...

"Russia has never tried to use leverage over me. I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH RUSSIA - NO DEALS, NO LOANS, NO NOTHING!" - Trump

What did you expect him to say... Nixon denied too...

You would probably let him off if he confessed to the lot...

No puppet...No Puppet.....YOU'RE THE PUPPET

Looks like a puppet.....acts like a puppet

Forum List

Back