Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."
And? nothing wrong with what she said. Only a loon would disagree.
No...most Americans won't tolerate those who would take up arms against our country
Nice spin asshat
To defend against is not to take up arms against
Maybe you should try an easier topic to discuss.

"I believe in the right to defend myself and my family"

Nice catch, why would any of these assholes, even Jake be upset about anyone defending themselves?
the question is when does she see 'defense' with a gun as necessary?

the far weirdo right think whatever think is necessary

Randall, in other words, is having his daily hissy fit for being reminded of his uselessness.

You are wrong about Mr. Flagg. And furthermore, you got no room to talk.

I'd rely on HIS political acumen and for him to watch my back in a fight before I would you.
How very foolish of you. That would be like you choosing howdy doody over sgt rock.

Wow....if only you were the bad ass you think you are.....Well, don't feel too bad. I'm sure that at some point in your miserable life, you thought you could be a "contender". Alas....nope.....still just another liberal fucking loser. :ahole-1:

Jake is the bravest man you know.......as long as he is safe behind his computer.

brave? I don't know about that, just competent and capable

There is nothing "capable" about you.

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."
No...most Americans won't tolerate those who would take up arms against our country
Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

Like most cases where citizens have taken the law into their own hands, they are quickly disposed of

You are an idiot. You asked a question and I answered it. Period. End of story. You seem to think that people are just sheep that follow, while being bullied by those who "govern" us. Athens, TN proves you are wrong. Tens of thousands of early Americans who refused to bow to King George prove that you are wrong.

I realize that you don't like the answer. Tough shit. Grow a pair and become an American.
Putting gun violence front and center in American politics is a road to certain ruin for our Republic. Do you cherish that gun more than your country? It sounds as if you are advocating a political situation akin to Northern Ireland in the mid 70's.

Here in America, we solve political problems with ballots, not bullets.

There is no way on God's green earth that you are that simple-minded. Doesn't have a damned thing to do with your pussy excuse of "gun violence". The ballot box has become the most corrupted thing in American politics. I do NOT trust EITHER party these days - but I trust the republicans FAR MORE than these liberal Nazi assholes that want to destroy this country. WE DON'T SOLVE SHIT WITH BALLOTS - we just change parties.

YOUR party would leave every American defenseless in their own homes. YOUR party would leave every American bowing to some asshole in the Monster that has become Washington DC. YOU want to bow - be my guest. You are most likely nothing more than a "useful idiot" anyway. Me and mine? I bow to no one. Never have and never will.

You asked "Do you cherish that gun more than your country?" HELL YES!!! Because that gun IS MY COUNTRY. Take that gun away from me and the millions upon millions of citizens who have, hold and keep firearms - and we become the Soviet Union, you clueless fool. I have no doubt whatsoever that one day (hopefully I'm long dead), but one day, they WILL come for the firearms and yes, they will take them. Of that I have no doubt. But which one of those cops wants to be the first one through that door of your neighbor??

You see, thankfully, most are not like you. They will STAND for what is right - even at the expense of their own lives. What the hell do YOU stand for?
What do I stand for? Free and fair elections, the rule of law, a civilized nation free of guns imposing the flavor of the day in political ideology, knowledge and the free exchange of ideas, science and the truth it brings to civilization, reason over fear, light over darkness.

And you stand for guns.

Which of us do you suppose is regarded as the more noble of the two?

I stand for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness... and the means to defend it when threatened. You stand against an inanimate object, a tool. Noble is in the eye of the beholder, but I think it's pretty certain that the idiot stares back at you in your mirror.
I stand for truth, justice and the American way

I may be mild mannered, but I fight a never ending battle

Bud, you can't fight shit, hiding behind your recliner.....

Nice spin asshat

Nice catch, why would any of these assholes, even Jake be upset about anyone defending themselves?

So you are arguing that in NO case are guns needed?

Nice spin asshat

When would you, is even a simpler question.

here's the thing - we all know that she isn't about to start picking off the county assessor or the local sheriff or the national guardsmen or the fbi agent. she's all bluster, knowing when she made that statement that she'd never have to back her words up (or perhaps, even worse, falsely believing she would or might)

the problem is that bluster like this is she gives people like cliven bundy affirmation of belief. he saw his rights as being violated, and by this would-be senator's logic he should have been shooting. or how about michael brown's family - they believe that his rights were violated, why aren't they in a gun battle with the police?

guns aren't the way we solve our issues in this country - they are a last resort, but the politician did not make that statement, she gave it as her first option. and again, I never expect to hear about her shooting anyone, but i do expect to hear about other 'patriots' shooting. some of whom may have found validation in her words - which is why i find them so irresponsible and disgusting.

Nice spin asshat

i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.

Nice spin asshat

i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.

Defense is not "armed insurrection", you do realize that right?

The second amendment does not provide legal cover to fire upon police, sheriffs or military personnel no matter how you read it.
If our government becomes so corrupt and lawless, as it is very closely getting that way under the Obama regime, it doesn't matter if it's against the law to go to war against it. At that point this government is no longer legitimate and we the people will go to war. In the end, the victor prevails. We have 300 million guns and I'm sure the miltary with us. I know who will win.

Nice spin asshat

that is a matter of opinion. say her home was condemned and purchased using imminent domain so it could be sold to a developer. perfectly legal and constitutional. she may see it as a violation of her rights and 'defend' against anyone looking to enforce that sale, but doing so would be armed insurrection.

that is a matter of opinion. say her home was condemned and purchased using imminent domain so it could be sold to a developer. perfectly legal and constitutional. she may see it as a violation of her rights and 'defend' against anyone looking to enforce that sale, but doing so would be armed insurrection.

That's not what she said,that is what you are reading into her remarks.

That's the point, she said "defend" only she gets to determine her intent,not us.

Nice spin asshat

Defense against what?

You have a whole slew of Constitutional options protecting you against the government. What is going to cause you to use guns against the government?

That's not what she said,that is what you are reading into her remarks.

That's the point, she said "defend" only she gets to determine her intent,not us.
So...what was her intent in speaking in front of the NRA?

Are you saying she was misleading them as to her intent?

Defense against what?

You have a whole slew of Constitutional options protecting you against the government. What is going to cause you to use guns against the government?

Really?

You want to argue over what YOU perceive as her "intent"?

You don't get to do that, why don't you "ask" her what she meant?

Nice spin asshat

So you are arguing that in NO case are guns needed?

No, I believe that the argument is that only law enforcement - and security details for politicians -and "maybe" the military should be allowed to own guns. I can only assume that these liberal Nazis are HOPING that those folks with the guns won't decide to turn on them......

Only a panty waste liberal would find her statement alarming.
I guess I can see why it would though.
Metrosexual hater of woman. You'd think liberals would want to see more females in Congress. I'm happy to report that we Iowans will be doing just that. No more Harkin to be embarrassed over.

Defense against what?

Really?

I'd be happy to hear her defend this

I'm sure she will be asked

Defense against what?

Really?

I'd be happy to hear her defend this

I think it's hilarious that people like you think she was speaking in "NRA Code".

All she said was "defend"and you people are all running around screaming "treason","traitor", "insurrectionist".

Yes you are free to do that, but you look stupid doing it.

Forum List

Back