Iran Bans U.S. Inspectors from All Nuclear Sites

Is it me or does it strike anyone else as odd that Americans think they have the right to inspect someone else?
Inspections are supposed to be part of the deal the Iranians signed.
They are getting inspected. Just not by Americans.

They made the deal with us as well as others so we should be able to confirm the inspections.

It's not an outrageous request.

But I know Iran wouldn't honor the deal anyway so I'm not surprised in the least

Is it me or does it strike anyone else as odd that Americans think they have the right to inspect someone else?

They made the deal with us as well as others so we should be able to confirm the inspections.

But I know Iran wouldn't honor the deal anyway so I'm not surprised in the least
They said americans were not allowed. There is absolutely no need to let their enemy inspect them.

Inspections were actually used to justify the war in Iraq. So People shouldn't believe this deal is going to prevent conflict.

They said americans were not allowed. There is absolutely no need to let their enemy inspect them.

But if you listen to Obama we're not enemies.

This deal will be ignored by the Iranians and they will not only have the bomb but billions of dollars flowing into their coffers with which to export more terror.

It's a fair point. Will the U.S allow Iranian inspections of its Nuclear facilities?

It's a fair point. Will the U.S allow Iranian inspections of its Nuclear facilities?

If we signed a deal with them that we were to be inspected why not?

If you agree to inspection by the international community you can't cherry pick who does the inspections.

At least you can't when a deal is written properly and this one isn't

If you agree to inspection by the international community you can't cherry pick who does the inspections.

Why doesn't the U.S. submit to such inspections? We know it has Nuclear Weapons. Why are some nations allowed Nukes, while others aren't? All nations have equal rights. That's why this deal will inevitably fail. The Iranians will only put up with it for so long.

why the hell should we allow them to inspect us.....? we are not the bad guys here....

Last edited:

Why doesn't the U.S. submit to such inspections? We know it has Nuclear Weapons. Why are some nations allowed Nukes, while others aren't? All nations have equal rights. That's why this deal will inevitably fail. The Iranians will only put up with it for so long.

"all nations have equal rights"......? under what doctrine did you find that gem....?

Illegal, huh? How so?.....

Technically, Israel's weapons aren't "illegal", because they're one of the only countries in the world that has refused to sign the NPT.

But their weapons are illegal to 164 countries in the world.
Technically Israel doesn't confirm or deny its nuclear weapons, even though they obviously exist: Nuclear weapons and Israel - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
In a December 2006 interview, Israeli Prime MinisterEhud Olmert stated that Iran aspires "to have a nuclear weapon as America, France, Israel and Russia".[189] Olmert's office later said that the quote was taken out of context; in other parts of the interview, Olmert refused to confirm or deny Israel's nuclear weapon status.[190]
What's wrong with Israel having nukes?

Good on them.

Israel having nukes causes a middle east nuclear arms race.
Israel has had nukes for years, and no one else has, this anti-semitic claim of yours makes no sense.

You fail so now all you can do is cry & play the bigot card.

Israel has never claimed to have nukes. Israel stated repeatedly over the years that it would not be the first country to "introduce" nuclear weapons to the Middle East. Israel has never test fired a nuke. It has never been proven Israel has nukes, it's only speculation & political blustering.

"all nations have equal rights"......? under what doctrine did you find that gem....?
It was right next to the one that says americans have the right to decide who they inspect.

Now, as to Iran barring/banning U.S. Weapons Inspectors on the ground in their country, Iran that is.

As I understand Iran is a sovereign nation, which can enact laws it's that it believes in their best interest. Iran has no reason to trust the U.S. (Overthrew the Duly Elected Democratic Government of Mohammaed Mossadegh in 1953).

Iran has as much to decide who it can and cannot allow in their country as the U.S. does.

As an indpendent sovereign nation, Iran is free to decide what foreign nationals that it will/will not allow into their country, that is their right.

Are those on the Right now saying that the United States has a right to decide other nations who and what those nations can allow in their country?

Didn't the CIA use the US inspection teams in Iraq to spy on Iraq?

Yes, during the second round of inspections, the U.S. tried to plant C.I.A. Agents on the inspection team and after having failed to do so, tried to get intell from the inspection teams and failed in that effort as well.

It was right next to the one that says americans have the right to decide who they inspect.

bullshit....

you seem to think a terrorist country is equal to the USA.........guess again smartass....

Didn't the CIA use the US inspection teams in Iraq to spy on Iraq?

Yes, during the second round of inspections, the U.S. tried to plant C.I.A. Agents on the inspection team and after having failed to do so, tried to get intell from the inspection teams and failed in that effort as well.

I don't think they failed........

United States intelligence services infiltrated agents and espionage equipment for three years into United Nations arms control teams in Iraq to eavesdrop on the Iraqi military without the knowledge of the U.N. agency that it used to disguise its work, according to U.S. government employees and documents describing the classified operation.

By all accounts the U.N. Special Commission, or UNSCOM, did not authorize or benefit from this channel of U.S. surveillance. This contrasts with previous statements in which the Clinton administration acknowledged use of eavesdropping equipment but said it was done solely in cooperation with UNSCOM to pierce Iraqi concealment of its illegal weapons

Washingtonpost.com U.S. Spied on Iraq Via U.N.

bullshit....

you seem to think a terrorist country is equal to the USA.........guess again smartass....
All countries are equal to the USA. Thats pretty much a fact.

Forum List

Back