🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Iran just found A LOT of uranium

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
iran-300x250.jpg

Iran has discovered an unexpectedly high reserve of uranium and will soon begin extracting the radioactive element at a new mine, the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization said on Saturday.

The comments cast doubt on previous assessments from some Western analysts who said the country had a low supply and sooner or later would need to import uranium, the raw material needed for its nuclear program.

Any indication Iran could become more self-sufficient will be closely watched by world powers, which reached a landmark deal with Tehran in July over its program. They had feared the nuclear activities were aimed at acquiring the capability to produce atomic weapons — something denied by Tehran.

"I cannot announce (the level of) Iran's uranium mine reserves," Iranian nuclear chief Ali Akbar Salehi was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA. "The important thing is that before aerial prospecting for uranium ores we were not too optimistic, but the new discoveries have made us confident about our reserves."

Salehi said uranium exploration had covered almost two-thirds of Iran and would be complete in the next four years.

Iran just found A LOT of uranium - Business Insider

Isn't this affirmative action administration just great? They are so impressive. The world sure has a lot of respect for us now. I sure hope the world starts to like us now.

Sad. Read up, even though they found this much, it is irrelevant to the reality. More fear mongering from the right.
First, let’s recap what the deal would do. Broadly speaking, Iran would agree to accept strict curbs on nuclear technologies and intrusive access by nuclear-weapons inspectors for 10 to 25 years, with a pledge to abide by existing international treaties limiting its nuclear ambitions in perpetuity. In exchange, international economic sanctions against Iran would be lifted, as long as Iran doesn’t cheat. If Iran did cheat, sanctions could be reimposed.

Specifically, the deal requires Iran to give up 97 percent of its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, the kind needed to make nuclear weapons, as well as most of the centrifuges it can use to enrich uranium. In addition, Iran agrees to only enrich uranium to a level unsuitable for weapons for 15 years, and to cease production of plutonium, the other element that can be used to build a bomb. Known nuclear sites would be monitored for 15 years to confirm compliance, and inspectors would have the ability to enter undeclared sites suspected of nuclear use, though with possible delays of up to 24 days.

If Iran were to abide by these rules for 10 years, scientists say it would take them at least 12 months to build a weapon.

It is funny when they just do this crap right in front of obama.....they have so little respect for him.....I imagine that the moment the check clears they will announce they have the bomb....
You're one of those people..
Ted Cruz says deal will 'facilitate and accelerate' Iran getting a nuclear bomb

Yes....I have a brain and I understand what is The Truth, Reality, the difference between Good and Evil and Right and Wrong.....thanks for noticing.......I would be willing to teach you about those things but since you are a lefty, you brain wouldn't be up to the task............

It is funny when they just do this crap right in front of obama.....they have so little respect for him.....I imagine that the moment the check clears they will announce they have the bomb....

Yes....I have a brain and I understand what is The Truth, Reality, the difference between Good and Evil and Right and Wrong.....thanks for noticing.......I would be willing to teach you about those things but since you are a lefty, you brain wouldn't be up to the task............
Learn instead of being a fear mongering loon.
What the deal will do

First, let’s recap what the deal would do. Broadly speaking, Iran would agree to accept strict curbs on nuclear technologies and intrusive access by nuclear-weapons inspectors for 10 to 25 years, with a pledge to abide by existing international treaties limiting its nuclear ambitions in perpetuity. In exchange, international economic sanctions against Iran would be lifted, as long as Iran doesn’t cheat. If Iran did cheat, sanctions could be reimposed.

Specifically, the deal requires Iran to give up 97 percent of its stockpile of highly enriched uranium, the kind needed to make nuclear weapons, as well as most of the centrifuges it can use to enrich uranium. In addition, Iran agrees to only enrich uranium to a level unsuitable for weapons for 15 years, and to cease production of plutonium, the other element that can be used to build a bomb. Known nuclear sites would be monitored for 15 years to confirm compliance, and inspectors would have the ability to enter undeclared sites suspected of nuclear use, though with possible delays of up to 24 days.

If Iran were to abide by these rules for 10 years, scientists say it would take them at least 12 months to build a weapon.

Remember what I said....as soon as the 150 billion dollar check clears...they will announce they already have the bomb......
LOL. Yeah, good luck with that.
It’s true that Iran will reap significant economic benefits from the deal because many sanctions levied against Iran will be lifted as long as Iran complies with restrictions on its nuclear program. But it’s not like Iran will automatically receive a check or, as some critics have called it, a signing bonus.

"Will some considerable portion get transferred to Iran? Sure. But not all of it will automatically. That’s not how this works," said Michael Malloy, a law professor at University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law and an expert on economic sanctions.

What the deal will do

Sorry...I only pay attention to intelligent points.....not left wing luncacy that makes Neville Chamberlain look brilliant.....at least he didn't want to give hitler the bomb.......

to enter undeclared sites suspected of nuclear use, though with possible delays of up to 24 days.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Remember what I said....as soon as the 150 billion dollar check clears...they will announce they already have the bomb......
It’s true that Iran will reap significant economic benefits from the deal because many sanctions levied against Iran will be lifted as long as Iran complies with restrictions on its nuclear program. But it’s not like Iran will automatically receive a check or, as some critics have called it, a signing bonus.

"Will some considerable portion get transferred to Iran? Sure. But not all of it will automatically. That’s not how this works," said Michael Malloy, a law professor at University of the Pacific McGeorge School of Law and an expert on economic sanctions.

You do know they will give more money to terrorists around the world...right?

Sounds like you people think they should have disclosed how much Uranium they hadn't found yet.

What the deal will do

Sorry...I only pay attention to intelligent points.....not left wing luncacy that makes Neville Chamberlain look brilliant.....at least he didn't want to give hitler the bomb.......

to enter undeclared sites suspected of nuclear use, though with possible delays of up to 24 days.
Fucking hysterical, first of all, 97% of the enriched uranium would be GIVEN UP. Along with centrigures. CEASE PRODUCTION OF PLUTONIUM. "Possible delays of 24 days" Well no shit, but you're one hell of a dumbass if you think this deal makes it easier for iran to get a bomb.

You do know they will give more money to terrorists around the world...right?
$150 billion to virtually destroy Iran's nuclear capacity? I'm fine with it.

Sounds like you people think they should have disclosed how much Uranium they hadn't found yet.

Yeah....they just found it.....riiiiiiiiight? Just like the drug dealer who says....oh yeah....I forgot about that crack in my pocket......it wasn't there before....

You guys are just toooo, fucking, funny......

Yeah....they just found it.....riiiiiiiiight? Just like the drug dealer who says....oh yeah....I forgot about that crack in my pocket......it wasn't there before....

Even if they found it, so what? 97% of the enriched uranium buddy.

What the deal will do

Fucking hysterical, first of all, 97% of the enriched uranium would be GIVEN UP. Along with centrigures. CEASE PRODUCTION OF PLUTONIUM. "Possible delays of 24 days" Well no shit, but you're one hell of a dumbass if you think this deal makes it easier for iran to get a bomb.

You really, actually believe that.........let me guess, one of your ancestors was named Neville Chamberlain....

Even if they found it, so what? 97% of the enriched uranium buddy.

Stop.....you are making me laugh so hard I am crying.........no one could be as gullible as you guys.........

You're just a partisan hack. Cookie cutter nutter.

What the deal will do

You really, actually believe that.........let me guess, one of your ancestors was named Neville Chamberlain....

Yes, I believe it, because it will be carried out and accepted by both Iran and the other parties participating. It's an international deal, and you are a moron if you want to live in fear like a childish idiot.

Forum List

Back