Iraq told us to LEAVE "their" country - PERIOD!

Then show us the unedited video. You claim my video is dishonestly edited. You made the charge. Back it up. Go.
Your video is obviously edited cutting off Obama's answer just as the moderator tells the rude Bishop Willard to let Obama answer. Logic dictates the answer was good or the Right would not have cut it off. I need nothing more than that. If you believe differently, the burden is on YOU to post the unedited video, not me.

Fuck You. YOU made the charge that it's edited. Show the unedited version or else go fuck yourself and whine to your mama.
It is obvious the video edited out Obama's answer because it ends just as the moderator says "Governor let him answer."

Were "we" invited guests to begin with?

Another know nothing.

Yes we WERE invited. I actually drove through the streets heading to Erbil where Kurds lined the streets with adults and children waving American flags.

I won't waste more time explaining. I'm sure your next post will reveal more of your ignorance.

In 2003 did you see any of Saddam's troops in the Kurdish provinces? Were the Kurds hiding Saddam's stash of WMD? Sure the Kurds wanted us to overthrow Saddam, but that was about it. Sunnis sure didn't. Shiites sure didn't want it the way Bush did it. And the Shiites that we allied with were the ISCI Islamic Suppreme Council of Iraq Hakim. And the Badr Brigades straight out of Iran ...... So it looks like Iran invited us in. Did you meet any Badr Brigade fighters fresh from Iran during the invasion.

This is what welcomed us from the Shiite Side:

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim - Telegraph

Hakim's conversion to the cause of national unity in Iraq might be seen as more a matter of expediency than a genuine change of heart. Earlier he had favoured a semi-autonomous Shia state in the south of the country, as well as Kurdish autonomy. His own political movement was bankrolled by Tehran, and in the 1980s he had headed the ISCI's military wing, the Badr group, which fought alongside the Iranians in the Iran-Iraq war between 1980 and 1988.

Abdul Aziz al-Hakim was born in 1950 in Najaf, the son of the Grand Ayatollah Muhsin al-Hakim. The family boasts a long lineage of scholars and is revered among the Shia, and he was educated by the Najaf institution of learning known as the Hawza, considered to deliver the acme of Shia teaching.

It is said that six of his brothers were murdered on the orders of Saddam, and Hakim played a leading role in the Safar Intifada (uprising) in 1977 against the secular Ba'ath party government. During the 1970s he was jailed on three occasions, finally going into exile in Iran in 1980, where two years later he became a founding member of the ISCI.

Hakim took over leadership of the party from his older brother, Grand Ayatollah Mohammed Baqer al-Hakim, who was killed by a car bomb at the Imam Ali mosque in Najaf in August 2003.

His close ties with Iran generated distrust not only among Sunnis in Iraq but also among some Shia, and he competed for leadership of Iraq's Shia community with the radical cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

Some suspected that Hakim's support for Shia self-rule in the south was a ruse to deliver to Tehran political control of the main Iraqi oil fields, as well as sovereignty over the Shia holy shrines in Najaf and Karbala. Hakim dismissed these fears, declaring: "Independence is a principle we insist on. We reject interference in our internal affairs, from Iran or anyone else."

He also claimed to support a "democratic government", but one in which there was "respect for the Islamic identity", adding: "We should not apply laws that are inconsistent with Islam."

In December 2004 he survived an attempt on his life when a car bomb exploded near his office in Baghdad, killing 15 of his guards.

The following year he demanded that the Americans set a timetable for military withdrawal from Iraq, and criticised the United States for its handling of security in the country. The Americans, he said, depended too much "on the criminals from the former regime".

Do you really think the invasion into Baghdad is what liberated the Kurds from the terror of Saddam Hussein? And why would you think that the Kurds represented the government of Iraq? Talk about knowing nothing.

Last edited:

Nonsense. Obama said America's war in Afghanistan had come to an end. And it did. He says the war ends not with a final battle but by Americans coming home. We left Iraq because Iraqis wanted to finish 'their' war and their defense on their own.

Than ran into something they can't handle so they asked us for assistance. For the love of killing terrorists... Obama has cut our pilots loose... until the Iraqis and Kurds and Moderate Sunnis get their shit together...

Hmmm...Interesting. Now that the "Shit is hitting the fan" in Iraq - suddenly Obama says "It wasn't MY decision to leave Iraq" (Blaming the eternal George Bush) ....Then he says this;

Damn....sounds just like the lying thug.......Now it's Iraq's fault that we are no longer there...

Jesus Christ. Will it ever end!?!?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
^ not one link in either of your posts :eusa_think:

No link, idiot?

I'm the person people would be getting a link FROM. I don't go chase down some dumbass journalist's opinion ...someone that's never been there. He or she would be sourcing someone like me, you half wit.

You couldn't figure that out from my post?

Jesus, we have some really intellectually deficient people on here....

Hilarious...you that is.
I hope you stay here for a long time.

You've shown no special insight or presented any facts except to tell us that 'a lot goes on behind closed doors'.
I'm sure you've just come to realise that yourself, and it must have been a mind-blowing epiphany when you came up with that revelation but I'm pretty sure the rest of us here have known it for quite a long time.

Nonsense. Obama said America's war in Afghanistan had come to an end. And it did. He says the war ends not with a final battle but by Americans coming home. We left Iraq because Iraqis wanted to finish 'their' war and their defense on their own.

Than ran into something they can't handle so they asked us for assistance. For the love of killing terrorists... Obama has cut our pilots loose... until the Iraqis and Kurds and Moderate Sunnis get their shit together...

Hmmm...Interesting. Now that the "Shit is hitting the fan" in Iraq - suddenly Obama says "It wasn't MY decision to leave Iraq" (Blaming the eternal George Bush) ....Then he says this;

Damn....sounds just like the lying thug.......Now it's Iraq's fault that we are no longer there...

From your signature:

Definition of a "Nazi"? Look no farther than the American liberal. They destroy - they do not build. They seek to stifle freedom; they despise growth of anything but government. They cheat, they steal, they lie and they deny. They hide in the shadows like the common garden snake. This is the modern day "Third Reich" and it's name is hidden in words like "Progressive". A "liberal" by any other name is "Nazi"."A liberal doesn't believe in government controlling people's personal lives; a Nazi does" - POGO

I'm guessing that since Republicans want to control women's bodies and keep gays from marriage rights and practice voter suppression, you meant to reference Republicans. They are the ones trying to "control" every body and every thing. Look at the mess they made in Iraq.

Keep it up. The more you write the more we see how little you know about Iraq.

Let's get something straight, Mr. Yes-you-are-a-fool. You know absolutely nothing about Iraq.

I was actually there at the time, working not many doors down from the Ambassador's contingent in the Palace.

You've never been to Iraq. You've never been to the Middle East. You know how I know? Because people who've been there can see right through comments you make that show you don't understand the culture.

Everything you say reflects ZERO understanding of this topic.

I've wasted about 20 hours in the past weeks trying to patiently explain why your comments are so far off about the SOFA.

WHILE I KNOW PARTISANS EAT YOUR IGNORANCE RIGHT UP, PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH DON'T.

You talk as if there was one SOFA.

You talk as if there was a SOFA and no negotiations before, during, and after.

Your simple mind can't grasp that the 2008 SOFA was a placeholder for a 2011 FINAL SOFA. Yes, moron, there was an outline for a 2011 SOFA that didn't get signed because O dropped the ball.

You're too stupid to understand these differences. That's why you can't understand when I talk about the Iraqi Parliament. You keep thinking there was just ONE event.

The fact is that there were ROLLING NEGOTIATIONS ....and then a SOFA and then more rolling negotiations with an outline drafted for the 2011 SOFA.

You talk like you can't distinguish between the 2008 placeholder and the 2011 SOFA that Bush's team had set up for O to finish.

When a person with a lot of experience hears one of you lefties say "but Maliki said the troops have to go," it's a sure sign we're dealing with unsophisticated idiots that have no right talking about this subject.

That was called "domestic consumption" you moron. That's how negotiations are done. That's how they're done everywhere. Behind the scenes is where the real haggling goes on.

You lefties on this thread can lie for the next 1000 days, as I'm sure you will.

But the public is overwhelmingly dismissing the leftie lies. Next week it will be worse for you liars. And even worse the week after that.

But it's a free country so go right ahead.

I'd be curious to see how you probably rewrite WWII and the Cold War as well with some FLAT OUT LIE version that America actually lost being slurped up by lefties on this thread.

I asked you for language in the 2008 Bush SOFA that supports your made up version and all this PLACEHOLDER crap. International law and treaties dealing with sovereignty do not work according to your elaborate scheme to deny the reality that Bush strapped his successor with the mandate by the sovereign government of Iraq that all US troops had to be out of Iraq by the end of 2011 unless the Iraqis had a change of mind. The Iraqis could also tell Bush to get out then day after it was signed if they wanted to.

I posted Petraeus' comments about the SOFA on the other thread.... I suppose you know more about it than Petraeus does.

If you don't run off again, I post the Petraeus interview here tomorrow....

So if you know everything about Iraq you lied about the SOFA not needing to be passed by Parliament. I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt that you were just ignorant of that fact when you first mentioned that Obama insisted on it for the first time...

Last edited:

From your signature:

Definition of a "Nazi"? Look no farther than the American liberal. They destroy - they do not build. They seek to stifle freedom; they despise growth of anything but government. They cheat, they steal, they lie and they deny. They hide in the shadows like the common garden snake. This is the modern day "Third Reich" and it's name is hidden in words like "Progressive". A "liberal" by any other name is "Nazi"."A liberal doesn't believe in government controlling people's personal lives; a Nazi does" - POGO

I'm guessing that since Republicans want to control women's bodies and keep gays from marriage rights and practice voter suppression, you meant to reference Republicans. They are the ones trying to "control" every body and every thing. Look at the mess they made in Iraq.

Jesus - you're too funny.......you fuckin Nazi. How about responding to your Supreme leaders little "promise" THEN he lies and said he never did it.

Guess it goes like this: Someone posts something that makes your fucking thug president look like the idiot that he is and you do what? Change the subject? Fuck you Herr Goebbels.

I've wasted about 20 hours in the past weeks trying to patiently explain why your comments are so far off about the SOFA.

You talk as if there was one SOFA.

You talk as if there was a SOFA and no negotiations before, during, and after.

There is not a single verifiable fact in any of your comment. You need not 'explain' your opinions why I'm so far off about the SOFA because you are not citing anything to back your opinions up. The language in the SOFA has been posted. The FACT that Maliki began running the Defense Ministry and Interior Ministry meant that all power and decisions about security was made by him. He did what dictators do. He made the National Army coup-proof by getting rid of Sunni Officers that were competent and replaced them with his stooges.

Maliki screwed up the chain of command and that is mostly why the Iraqi Army ran when ISIS raided Mosul. The Maliki Stooge Generals hopped on helicopters and abandoned their troops and let the troops see it. So they broke and ran too. That's Maliki not Obama.

Half the Obama bashers are saying Obama didn't want troops to stay. The other half are saying he did want troops to stay. Do you take both positions ... odd days Stay even days 'go'?

Last edited:
The reason there is so much confusion is deliberate on Obama's part. He has a habit of saying two different things on a subject so he can't point to either one if needed. That's what he did to Romney in the debate with Candy Crowley.

The reason there is so much confusion is deliberate on Obama's part. He has a habit of saying two different things on a subject so he can't point to either one if needed. That's what he did to Romney in the debate with Candy Crowley.

Hah...he's too sneaky for you lot!

I'm sure that GWB can apologise for himself - but I'm equally sure that he'll be grateful for your assistance.
WTF are you babbling about? When libs meet truth they shift topics.
The day the Right tells the truth will be the day the Earth comes to an end!

Ted Koppel Interviews Gen. Tommy Franks - ABC News

KOPPEL: Now, you didn't suggest that he put on a flight suit and sit back seat on a plane landing on a, on an aircraft carrier, did you?

FRANKS: No one asked me about, about how he ought to do it, Ted.

KOPPEL: And I assume you didn't paint the banner that said "mission accomplished" either?

FRANKS: No, but I would have agreed with it
Huh? What's him ordering the banner got to do with him painting the banner or Bush in the jet? I heard him in interviews say he ordered the banner. I'm not "the right" and you are confused. Which is why you're a liberal.

^ not one link in either of your posts :eusa_think:

No link, idiot?

I'm the person people would be getting a link FROM. I don't go chase down some dumbass journalist's opinion ...someone that's never been there. He or she would be sourcing someone like me, you half wit.

Hilarious...you that is.

You've shown no special insight or presented any facts except to tell us that 'a lot goes on behind closed doors'.
I'm sure you've just come to realise that yourself, and it must have been a mind-blowing epiphany when you came up with that revelation but I'm pretty sure the rest of us here have known it for quite a long time.
No, that isn't all she said. Your brain thinks so because you can't read or don't care to. Personal accounts aren't linked to the internet, did you know that? You can disagree due to your own bias but to pretend nothing was said is sheer stupidity. And the "I hope you stay around" comment is transparent grade school level stuff. Grow up.

Hah...he's too sneaky for you lot!
Sneaky isn't the right word. He's a pathological liar and the left doesn't give a fuck.

Your video is obviously edited cutting off Obama's answer just as the moderator tells the rude Bishop Willard to let Obama answer. Logic dictates the answer was good or the Right would not have cut it off. I need nothing more than that. If you believe differently, the burden is on YOU to post the unedited video, not me.

Fuck You. YOU made the charge that it's edited. Show the unedited version or else go fuck yourself and whine to your mama.
It is obvious the video edited out Obama's answer because it ends just as the moderator says "Governor let him answer."

The moderator is a biased democrat supporter. The look on Obama's face says it all. He needed help so he looks for the moderator to bail him out. Obama is a lightweight. Show us the entire segment.

Were "we" invited guests to begin with?

Another know nothing.

Yes we WERE invited. I actually drove through the streets heading to Erbil where Kurds lined the streets with adults and children waving American flags.

I won't waste more time explaining. I'm sure your next post will reveal more of your ignorance.

So you are saying that Saddam Hussein invited George Bush and Company to invade Iraq?
or maybe you are saying this happened after Shock and Awe?
Or maybe they invited us after the Iraqi Army that we trained and financed for 10 years plus ran like cowards and refuse to fight the ISIS even though they outnumbered ISIS by 40 to 1. I think this is the most likely one.

WTF are you babbling about? When libs meet truth they shift topics.
The day the Right tells the truth will be the day the Earth comes to an end!

Ted Koppel Interviews Gen. Tommy Franks - ABC News

KOPPEL: Now, you didn't suggest that he put on a flight suit and sit back seat on a plane landing on a, on an aircraft carrier, did you?

FRANKS: No one asked me about, about how he ought to do it, Ted.

KOPPEL: And I assume you didn't paint the banner that said "mission accomplished" either?

FRANKS: No, but I would have agreed with it
Huh? What's him ordering the banner got to do with him painting the banner or Bush in the jet? I heard him in interviews say he ordered the banner. I'm not "the right" and you are confused. Which is why you're a liberal.
The White House said THEY ordered the banner. But it appears the GOP paid for it. The Republican Party paid $3,066 to Thomas Graphics, Inc., for the banner.

'Mission Accomplished' Whodunit - CBS News

When it was brought up again Tuesday at a news conference, Mr. Bush said, "The 'Mission Accomplished' sign, of course, was put up by the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln, saying that their mission was accomplished."

"I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from my staff — they weren't that ingenious, by the way."

That explanation hadn't surfaced during months of questions to White House officials about proclaiming the mission in Iraq successful while violence continued.

After the news conference, a White House spokeswoman said the Lincoln's crew asked the White House to have the sign made. The White House asked a private vendor to produce the sign, and the crew put it up, said the spokeswoman. She said she did not know who paid for the sign.

Last edited:
The White House said THEY ordered the banner But it appears the GOP paid for it. The Republican Party paid $3,066 to Thomas Graphics, Inc., for the banner.

'Mission Accomplished' Whodunit - CBS News

When it was brought up again Tuesday at a news conference, Mr. Bush said, "The 'Mission Accomplished' sign, of course, was put up by the members of the USS Abraham Lincoln, saying that their mission was accomplished."

"I know it was attributed somehow to some ingenious advance man from my staff — they weren't that ingenious, by the way."

That explanation hadn't surfaced during months of questions to White House officials about proclaiming the mission in Iraq successful while violence continued.

After the news conference, a White House spokeswoman said the Lincoln's crew asked the White House to have the sign made. The White House asked a private vendor to produce the sign, and the crew put it up, said the spokeswoman. She said she did not know who paid for the sign.
Three grand for the banner? WTF? No wonder we're broke, that's almost ten times the going rate.

Franks: Blame Me for 'Mission Accomplished' | Fox News
Published August 09, 2004
Associated Press
Facebook0 Twitter0 livefyre0

WASHINGTON – Retired Gen. Tommy Franks (search) tried to take the blame Monday for President Bush's much-criticized comments declaring an end to major combat in Iraq (search) more than a year ago.

"That's my fault, that George W. Bush said what he said on the first of May of last year, just because I asked him to," said Franks, former commander of forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Less than two months after the invasion of Iraq, Bush flew to a U.S. aircraft carrier and declared an end to major combat with a banner proclaiming "Mission Accomplished" in the background.

The event, Bush's words and the banner have been repeatedly criticized and mocked since that first day of May 2003. The Iraq occupation turned more violent, American deaths continued to mount and U.S. forces failed to find weapons of mass destruction, a main rationale for the war.

"I wanted to get the phase of military operation over as quickly as I could, because a lot of countries on this planet had said as soon as that major stuff is over, we'll come in and help with all of the peacekeeping," Franks said.

No link, idiot?

Hilarious...you that is.

No, that isn't all she said. Your brain thinks so because you can't read or don't care to. Personal accounts aren't linked to the internet, did you know that? You can disagree due to your own bias but to pretend nothing was said is sheer stupidity. And the "I hope you stay around" comment is transparent grade school level stuff. Grow up.
No, she's a low level partisan clown who hasn't presented a single verifiable fact here.
When you stop your pathetic generic comments about 'liberals' maybe you'll have some high ground to speak about insults from others.
Until that day, try not to feel so hurt.

Forum List

Back