Irrefutable legal arguments supporting the right of secession

Secession doesn't require a change in the Constitution.

You just made a statement of belief that is not supported by history and the facts. My comments were a statement of fact established by history.

The OP contains the proof that it is supported by history and the facts.

You have yet to post any facts.

The OP was legal opinion. A person can have a legal opinion and even try and support it but that doesn't mean it is correct or would be seen as sufficient in the eyes of the law.

What I said was a fact.

It wasn't a legal "opinion." It was a legal argument using logic and facts. What you spout in here is opinion. It has no basis in either logic or fact.

I would hope the legal opinion tried to use logic and facts. The problem is that the criteria for establishing if something is legal or not is a little higher than that.

Oh really? You wouldn't know it by reading the latest Court ruling on gay marriage or Obamacare. Those don't even refer to any actual text in the Constitution.

The same goes the Texas v. White ruling your so fond of. It contains outright lies.

Not one substantial source to refute that the original, Perpetual Union was and is in force.

I did, but you simply ignore it, just as you ignore all proof of Lincoln's crimes. The Articles of Confederation are no longer in force. Therefore, the "perpetual union" is defunct since the Articles are what formed it. They were thrown into the waste bin when the Constitution was ratified.

However, I know you will continue to claim that no one has refuted your obviously wrong claim.

You just made a statement of belief that is not supported by history and the facts. My comments were a statement of fact established by history.

The OP contains the proof that it is supported by history and the facts.

You have yet to post any facts.

The OP was legal opinion. A person can have a legal opinion and even try and support it but that doesn't mean it is correct or would be seen as sufficient in the eyes of the law.

What I said was a fact.

It wasn't a legal "opinion." It was a legal argument using logic and facts. What you spout in here is opinion. It has no basis in either logic or fact.

I would hope the legal opinion tried to use logic and facts. The problem is that the criteria for establishing if something is legal or not is a little higher than that.

Oh really? You wouldn't know it by reading the latest Court ruling on gay marriage or Obamacare. Those don't even refer to any actual text in the Constitution.

The same goes the Texas v. White ruling your so fond of. It contains outright lies.

You can be mad as you want about it but that doesn't change the reality.

The Poles fired the first shots of WW II. According to your theory that means they started the war.

Lincoln didn't invade Virginia to free the slaves. He didn't give a damn about them. He invaded to impose confiscatory tariffs on the Southern states.

Holy analogy fail Batman!

To say Lincoln didn't give a damn about the slaves is comically ignorant.

Your "facts" are so far from reality you might as well just claim that Lincoln was an alien from outer space.

What evidence is there that Lincoln gave a damn about the slaves?

Lincoln Douglas debates are a good place to start but there is plenty of other examples of his position. There is also the point of view of the South which is also very important.

The Lincoln-Douglass debates prove your claim is wrong. Please post an example that proves Lincoln gave a damn about the slaves.

"This declared indifference, but, as I must think, covert real zeal for the spread of slavery, I cannot but hate. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world—enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites—causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty—criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
And yet he promised repeatedly not to abolish slavery, otherwise he would never have been elected. Herr Lincoln Uber Alles was first, last, and foremost a politician who ran for office several times until he found the magic words to win. Like Obama, he lacked even an ounce of geniune character. It's all a light show and suckers like you fall for it every time.

Your "facts" are so far from reality you might as well just claim that Lincoln was an alien from outer space.

Lincoln Douglas debates are a good place to start but there is plenty of other examples of his position. There is also the point of view of the South which is also very important.

The Lincoln-Douglass debates prove your claim is wrong. Please post an example that proves Lincoln gave a damn about the slaves.

"This declared indifference, but, as I must think, covert real zeal for the spread of slavery, I cannot but hate. I hate it because of the monstrous injustice of slavery itself. I hate it because it deprives our republican example of its just influence in the world—enables the enemies of free institutions, with plausibility, to taunt us as hypocrites—causes the real friends of freedom to doubt our sincerity, and especially because it forces so many really good men amongst ourselves into an open war with the very fundamental principles of civil liberty—criticizing the Declaration of Independence, and insisting that there is no right principle of action but self-interest."
And yet he promised repeatedly not to abolish slavery, otherwise he would never have been elected. Herr Lincoln Uber Alles was first, last, and foremost a politician who ran for office several times until he found the magic words to win. Like Obama, he lacked even an ounce of geniune character. It's all a light show and suckers like you fall for it every time.
He did not promise he stated if he had to save the union by keeping slavery he would because it would be his job . Well guess what didn't have to and freed the slaves. Lincoln was a great man and great president.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

He did not promise he stated if he had to save the union by keeping slavery he would because it would be his job . Well guess what didn't have to and freed the slaves. Lincoln was a great man and great president.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk
Oh I have no doubt if he were alive today you would wrap your lips around his....

Do I need to post his racist statements about negroes?

You cultists sure are self deluded.

Mr. Saint, you are little man that will not be remembered for even the time it takes for the daises to bloom on your resting place. Lincoln will be remembered for longer than even the US exists.

hqdefault.jpg

Image of what a coward with a firearm can accomplish.

"First, no less than seven states had engaged in acts of nullification of the U.S. Constitution long before South Carolina announced its plans to secede on December 20 1960 – Kentucky (1799), Pennsylvania (1809), Georgia (1832), South Carolina (1832), Wisconsin (1854) Massachusetts (1855), and Vermont (1858), According to Professor H Newcomb Morse, “Nullification occurs when people of a state refuse to recognize the validity of an exercise of power by the national government which, in the state’s view, transcends the limited and enumerated delegated powers of the national constitution.” Those instances where national laws have been nullified by Northern states gave credence to the view that the compact forming the Union had already been breached and the Confederate states were morally and legally free to leave."

Refutation #1 - Kentucky in 1799 did not 'nullify' federal law. The reference above is to the Kentucky Resolution of 1779,
which was essentially a protest against the Alien and Sedition Act. You can read it here:

Kentucky Resolution of 1799

Key point in the resolution:

"That although this commonwealth as a party to the federal compact; will bow to the laws of the Union, yet it does at the same time declare, that it will not now, nor ever hereafter, cease to oppose in a constitutional manner, every attempt from what quarter soever offered, to violate that compact...."

Forum List

Back