IRS apologizes for targeting conservative groups

Why wouldn't they look hard at people who will do anything to get out of paying their taxes and are "anti-government" astroturfers? I'd audit them too.
There is considerable difference in being anti-federalist and anti-government, Mr. Peepers. Also, if you have information that anyone in power is operating outside the law, please present it. Our founders were against too strong of a central government, and they did not pass unfair taxes against the public. In fact, they counted largely on people's furnishing their own guns, uniforms, and ammunition to win the American Revolution so they would never be taxed unfairly again so King George's courtisans dressed in finery, while they struggled to live working hard to make ends meet, with no one to represent them in England. They weren't given the say-so of slaves, even.

It's sad when people spent a lifetime paying their fair share of taxes and have no one to defend them when they reach an age where they cannot work and have poor health creeping up on them and a current government bent on punishing them and taking away their life's savings before they die, to satisfy their political lavishing of gifts on people who have never paid a dime of tax in their entire lifetimes and come here from other countries because they were told how stupid the American people are, and how easy it is to take advantage of us.

They admit it. Finally.Nice intimidation.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Organizations were singled out because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.

In some cases, groups were asked for their list of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.

"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association.

"The IRS would like to apologize for that," she added.

I feel so much better now.

Not.

Where are all the idiots that keep telling me I am crazy for not trusting the government?

Why wouldn't they look hard at people who will do anything to get out of paying their taxes and are "anti-government" astroturfers? I'd audit them too.

You approve of the government basing tax decisions on political affiliations?

Just because the mirror universe game is so fun...

... What do you think Peepers would say if the Bush admin. tried this on Media Matters? Or the Occupy rapist?

... What do you think Peepers would say if the Bush admin. tried this on Media Matters? Or the Occupy rapist?

If that had happened, Peepers wouldn't have been able to say anything due to his head having exploded.

For starters no one was trying to get out of paying their taxes they were saying taxes were high enough nor are they anti government they are anti big government last but far from least the I.R.S. is supposed to be non partisan and above all this political side taking. But if you truly support them taking political partisan stands in who they audit I trust you will feel the same way if liberal political groups get audited under a Republican administration.

nixon was impeached by the house, but not tried in the senate because he resigned after learning he would be convicted.

But the irs stuff wasn't in the charge

Watergate Articles Of Impeachment

Nixon was not impeached. The appropriate House committee voted to do so but he resigned before being impeached.
The only president impeached in the 20th century is Bill Clinton, darling of the Dem party.

Nixon was impeached by the House, but not convicted by the Senate. He would have been, but he chose to resign instead. The telling moment was when Barry Goldwater said he would vote to convict. After that, Nixon knew his fate was sealed.

Slick was impeached by the House, but not convicted by the Senate. As Trent Lott said "if we start impeaching people for having sex with people not their wives, there won't be many of us left." He voted to convict, though.

Nixon was NOT impeached. The House vote did not vote to impeach him. Only the House Judiciary Committee voted to impeach.

Please learn American History as it acutally happened and not as it is wished to have happened.

That would be fun to see.

Notice how it is Ohio Democrats again?

It was Ohio Democrats who got caught voting multiple time.

It was Ohio Democrats who got caught getting into State records to destroy Joe the Plumber.

It was Ohio Democrats who got caught illegally registering people.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Internal Revenue Service inappropriately flagged conservative political groups for additional reviews during the 2012 election to see if they were violating their tax-exempt status, a top IRS official said Friday.

Organizations were singled out because they included the words "tea party" or "patriot" in their applications for tax-exempt status, said Lois Lerner, who heads the IRS division that oversees tax-exempt groups.

In some cases, groups were asked for their list of donors, which violates IRS policy in most cases, she said.

"That was wrong. That was absolutely incorrect, it was insensitive and it was inappropriate. That's not how we go about selecting cases for further review," Lerner said at a conference sponsored by the American Bar Association.

Not.

Where are all the idiots that keep telling me I am crazy for not trusting the government?

Washington D.C.

you know this was payback for taking the house away from the democrats in 2010

it would depend upon whether the groups were really grass roots or whether they are nationally funded by entities such as the Koch Bros.

That's not the IRS's call to make. What they should do is follow the rules laid down for them and STFU otherwise. Citizens with money should have no say in government, I guess.

Is that it?

I heard they are blaming the lower level employees. That sounds sort of familiar, doesn't it?

Seems like there's a lot of that going around lately...

Body of the IRS apology letter:

We are really sorry we used our power to collect information and taxes (which we are authorized to do) to instead attend to a purely political agenda (which we are specifically not permitted to do).

But mostly we are sorry that we were so caught in what we were doing that we had to admit it.

We will make every effort not to be caught again.

He openly admitted it was done

Therefor when you say 'false flag' you're a lying hackfuck.

but how should today be different...
Since the BUSH appointee DENIED it, that would make YOU the lying hackfuck!

From the link in the OP:

IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman told Congress in March 2012 that the IRS was not targeting groups based on their political views.

"There's absolutely no targeting. This is the kind of back and forth that happens to people" who apply for tax-exempt status, Shulman told a House Ways and Means subcommittee.

I c-p that, with the note; Not even liberals are dumb enough......"

I stand corrected

You are dumber than I thought any liberal could be, and that includes tm.

You're dismissed for being to dumb to have a conversation with.
How embarrassing it must be to be caught lying by someone as dumb as me!!! :asshole:
:rofl::lmao:

Not.

They started their own forum. So I heard.

Forum List

Back