Is a candidate's age matter?

The concern about McCain was because he was a cancer survivor. There was some controversy over whether the four melanomas he had removed were stage II or stage III. The former would put his survival at 10 years at 60%; the latter at 36%. And another surgical intervention, plus the possibility of a course of radiation/chemo and their side effects would mean he might need to step down as President.

I wonder whether those yawping about whichever candidate they hate this week are aware that post-nomination the leading candidates will be subjected to rigorous medical examination and full disclosure?

I also wonder why a candidate's spouse's health is relevant, except to those seeking a change of pace from rumor-mongering about the candidate?

Not gonna happen. HIPAA!

IIRC, Presidential candidates have made their medical records public since HIPAA was passed in '96. Would you vote for a candidate who refused?

Do you honestly think Hillary is going to release her records?

Do you think she wants us to know how many STDs that Bill gave to her?

How about her weight?

Hillary will hide behind HIPAA. Mark my words!

Reagan was 69 when he was elected I remember the left making a hell of a big deal about his age back then. As for the current crop some people age better than others It seems like Hillary is the one who has had the most health issues out of the three listed in the OP.

Reagan was running 36 years ago. He was also an ex-smoker.

Is there an actual medical follow-up to the incident that caused Hillary's concussion, or are people just relying on tabloid rumor?

A concussion is not a "health issue" any more than a broken arm is.
How long ago Reagan ran is not the issue the issue as it so often is and is again is the partisan B.S. age matters if it's someone on the otherside of aisle. If Reagan is to far back what about John McCain? Yes I know of his injuries as a result of being a POW however his medical exams never reaveled any serious health issues yet his age and health was brought up in 2008.

See Post #22.

This drone denied it was McCain's age it was only his health..

Column: Obama's Attack On McCain's Age Immature

you know....in some cultures ...like the Japanese for example....old age people are respected the most...

and I agree with them... if their minds are clear....all the wisdom all these stories and knowledge.....:clap2:

Bless them!

Hillary Clinton... sadly ....is evil

so she is not in.

we talk here about wise! about wisdom...which she is not.

Reagan was 69 when he was elected I remember the left making a hell of a big deal about his age back then. As for the current crop some people age better than others It seems like Hillary is the one who has had the most health issues out of the three listed in the OP.

Reagan was running 36 years ago. He was also an ex-smoker.

Is there an actual medical follow-up to the incident that caused Hillary's concussion, or are people just relying on tabloid rumor?

A concussion is not a "health issue" any more than a broken arm is.
How long ago Reagan ran is not the issue the issue as it so often is and is again is the partisan B.S. age matters if it's someone on the otherside of aisle. If Reagan is to far back what about John McCain? Yes I know of his injuries as a result of being a POW however his medical exams never reaveled any serious health issues yet his age and health was brought up in 2008.

See Post #22.

This drone denied it was McCain's age it was only his health..

Column: Obama's Attack On McCain's Age Immature

Post it again.

The concern about McCain was because he was a cancer survivor. There was some controversy over whether the four melanomas he had removed were stage II or stage III. The former would put his survival at 10 years at 60%; the latter at 36%. And another surgical intervention, plus the possibility of a course of radiation/chemo and their side effects would mean he might need to step down as President.

I wonder whether those yawping about whichever candidate they hate this week are aware that post-nomination the leading candidates will be subjected to rigorous medical examination and full disclosure?

I also wonder why a candidate's spouse's health is relevant, except to those seeking a change of pace from rumor-mongering about the candidate?

Not gonna happen. HIPAA!

IIRC, Presidential candidates have made their medical records public since HIPAA was passed in '96. Would you vote for a candidate who refused?

How about her weight?

Not if she wins the nomination and wants to win the election.

Not gonna happen. HIPAA!

Show where Obama made his available to the public in 2008?

Come far left drone!

When you're finished talking to your Imaginary Friend, I'd be happy to answer your question.

Not gonna happen. HIPAA!

How about her weight?

Not if she wins the nomination and wants to win the election.

Look, there some things a woman simply will not do, even if we were to stretch that consideration to Hillary.

There is much bantering on this forum about Hillary being old, Sanders being really old, and seldom any "worries" about Trump's age. For the record:

Sanders will be 74

Trump will be 70 this June

Clinton will be 69 this October...right before the election.

They're all to damn old to be potus.

There is much bantering on this forum about Hillary being old, Sanders being really old, and seldom any "worries" about Trump's age. For the record:

Sanders will be 74

It's only a problem when it's a Republican. The left wouldn't shut up about McCain being too old.

Sanders will be 74

Ol bernie is definitely senile and clinton has several health issues. Otherwise, their age wouldnt be an issue.

73 year old nanny state Bloomberg is considering running as an indie.

The Dems have nothing to offer but old people.

So much for that diversity they stake claim to.

Well what I think is interesting is that just a few years ago Mr. Obama was declared the perfect age, yet Rubio is now too young. McCain was clearly too old from some peoples account, yet Sanders is not. In my opinion I do not believe there should be a threshhold for the age of presidents, I do prefer mine older however!

The Dems have nothing to offer but old people.

So much for that diversity they stake claim to.

Really delusional aren't you?.........

FIRST [half] black president for 2 terms
Good chance of having the FIRST woman as president
Who was the FIRST woman as Speaker of the House.

Which diverse (aka minority) does NOT support the Dems?

You'll find a lot of hypocrites around here.
Well what I think is interesting is that just a few years ago Mr. Obama was declared the perfect age, yet Rubio is now too young. McCain was clearly too old from some peoples account, yet Sanders is not. In my opinion I do not believe there should be a threshhold for the age of presidents, I do prefer mine older however!

You'll find a lot of hypocrites around here.
But do they know they are hypocrites?

Forum List

Back