Is ANY direction a good direction?

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
So, Mitch McConnell was on MtP this morning, and the general message he had , in reference to kinda, sorta, more or less supporting Donald Trump was, "Clinton will just continue the policies of the Obama administration, and we need to go in a new direction, and Trump is definitely a new direction."

Every time he said that, the same question kept going through my head: Even if that new direction is catastrophic?

I mean, look, his comment presumes a couple of things - that the direction we're heading in with Obama is not great, and that Clinton will follow the same direction. I think either of those statements are arguable, but, for the sake of argument, let's allow for the accuracy of both.

Billy is driving the car, and heading us straight into a heavy traffic jam. Bob insists on taking over driving, and finds a route that avoids the traffic jam. Unfortunately that route took the car right off a 100 ft cliff. Under the circumstances, wouldn't the traffic jam have been preferable?

Okay. so, you don't like the direction that the Democrats are taking us. Is "going in a new direction" really worth it, if that direction is the clusterfuck that Trump would lead us to?

Now, allow me to be clear. I understand that there are some conservatives - and I use that term loosely - who wholeheartedly voted for Trump, love Trump, think Trump in the bees knees, and that Trump is going to be the salvation of the nation. This question is not directed to them. They are not voting for Trump because, "Wellll...at least it's a new direction..." They're supporting him because they think he's brilliant, and will be phenomenal as President.

This question is for the rest of the conservatives/Republicans who are swallowing their disgust, and "falling in line".

So, Mitch McConnell was on MtP this morning, and the general message he had , in reference to kinda, sorta, more or less supporting Donald Trump was, "Clinton will just continue the policies of the Obama administration, and we need to go in a new direction, and Trump is definitely a new direction."

Every time he said that, the same question kept going through my head: Even if that new direction is catastrophic?

It would be a tough slog to cause more domestic and foreign catastrophe than has the last 7+ years of Obama.

It would be a tough slog to cause more domestic and foreign catastrophe than has the last 7+ years of Obama.
Really? We seem to be pretty popular in the world, except in the Middle East:

PG-2014-07-14-balance-of-power-1-01.png

And, then there's Donald Trump, who praises dictators, and picks fights with our allies. You really think it would be difficult to change those current numbers? I don't.

And, then there's Donald Trump, who praises dictators, and picks fights with our allies. You really think it would be difficult to change those current numbers? I don't.
Picking fights with allies? Praising dictators?
So,
if he doesn't want to go to war against Russia, is it a bad thing?
if he doesn't want to topple heads of states and create Chaos, is that a bad thing?
if he wants the member countries of NATO to pay their fair share, is that a bad thing?
if he wants countries to pay for our military's protective services, is that a bad thing?

So,
if he doesn't want to topple heads of states and create Chaos, is that a bad thing?
if he wants the member countries of NATO to pay their fair share, is that a bad thing?
if he wants countries to pay for our military's protective services, is that a bad thing?
Obama wants to go to war with Russia?
Obama wants to topple heads of state?
What does this have to do with Nato?
As to your last question, yes. Yes it is. About the time we do that, then nations will start expecting us to pay rent anywhere we want a strategic base. You realy think that kind of economic bickering will make us a stronger nation?!?! Really????

So,
As to your last question, yes. Yes it is. About the time we do that, then nations will start expecting us to pay rent anywhere we want a strategic base. You realy think that kind of economic bickering will make us a stronger nation?!?! Really????
How did Obama get into the picture? Your OP was about Trump.
Global elitists harping about Russia is like this and Russia is like that and pouting about Putin. My reference was that Trump wanted peace with Russia. Don't fucking spin it, stay on topic.

So,
How did Obama get into the picture? Your OP was about Trump.
Global elitists harping about Russia is like this and Russia is like that and pouting about Putin. My reference was that Trump wanted peace with Russia. Don't fucking spin it, stay on topic.
Let's try this another way. How is showering dictators with praise about not going to war with Russia, or not toppling heads of state? I can't think of anyone who wants to topple, for instance, Kim Jung Un. But, no one else is showering him with praise, and suggesting that he should be armed with nuclear weapons! And, how does threatening to pull troops out of South Korea, unless they pay us tribute make anyone safer. So, you want Kim Jung Un to take control of South Korea? Or you just don't care, and don't think it would be a bad thing?

I mean, look, his comment presumes a couple of things - that the direction we're heading in with Obama is not great, and that Clinton will follow the same direction. I think either of those statements are arguable, but, for the sake of argument, let's allow for the accuracy of both.

Billy is driving the car, and heading us straight into a heavy traffic jam. Bob insists on taking over driving, and finds a route that avoids the traffic jam. Unfortunately that route took the car right off a 100 ft cliff. Under the circumstances, wouldn't the traffic jam have been preferable?

Okay. so, you don't like the direction that the Democrats are taking us. Is "going in a new direction" really worth it, if that direction is the clusterfuck that Trump would lead us to?

Now, allow me to be clear. I understand that there are some conservatives - and I use that term loosely - who wholeheartedly voted for Trump, love Trump, think Trump in the bees knees, and that Trump is going to be the salvation of the nation. This question is not directed to them. They are not voting for Trump because, "Wellll...at least it's a new direction..." They're supporting him because they think he's brilliant, and will be phenomenal as President.

This question is for the rest of the conservatives/Republicans who are swallowing their disgust, and "falling in line".
In your scenario you make the presumption that we know Bob will go over the cliff. Trump is boisterous and opinionated but I wouldn't assume America will crash and burn while he's at the wheel.

The way I see it is America is currently headed for a cliff and we may fall off regardless of who is driving. And realistically, Clinton helped take us down this dead end road. If I had to choose I would choose the one who takes us off this road. And if that road just looped around back towards the cliff, well then we can at least say we tried. For the past 7 years we've been trying but it's not working. Time to switch things up.

In your scenario you make the presumption that we know Bob will go over the cliff. Trump is boisterous and opinionated but I wouldn't assume America will crash and burn while he's at the wheel.

The way I see it is America is currently headed for a cliff and we may fall off regardless of who is driving. And realistically, Clinton helped take us down this dead end road. If I had to choose I would choose the one who takes us off this road. And if that road just looped around back towards the cliff, well then we can at least say we tried. For the past 7 years we've been trying but it's not working. Time to switch things up.
"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. But, is that really the alternative? So long as it isn't total obliteration, worse is better than the same? REALLY???? After all, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

And bear this in mind - considering the insanity that has dribbled out of Trump's own mouth, you really trust someone of his temperament, and attitude with the nuclear launch codes? REALLY?????

Last edited:

C"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. However, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

And bear this in mind - considering the insanity that has dribbled out of Trump's own mouth, you really trust someone of his temperament, and attitude with the nuclear launch codes? REALLY?????
Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee. So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.
Sbiker you should see this shit they are talking about. WTF?

"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. But, is that really the alternative? So long as it isn't total obliteration, worse is better than the same? REALLY???? After all, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

Anyone but a Democrat. That is no hyperbole.

If you recall, The Clinton administration lost the nuclear football for a time.

Uh...no I don't remember that. I understand that is the sentiment. What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind the sentiment.

You would, honestly rather do the country demonstrable harm than allow a Democrat the White House?

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Uh...no I don't remember that. I understand that is the sentiment. What I am trying to understand is the reasoning behind the sentiment.

You would, honestly rather do the country demonstrable harm than allow a Democrat the White House?

Retaining a Democrat in the White House will do the country irreparable harm, both internally, and in foreign affairs.

You, nor anybody else, knows the direction The orange clown will take us. His greatest qualification is he is not that Cackling, lying, cheating bitch. He is an unknown, and yes, I will take that any day over that despicable creature destroying all those pant suits.

C"Crash and burn"? Maybe not. However, Trump has not said one single thing that demonstrates that he will improve the situation in America even one iota, and has made numerous comments, sent countless tweets, and engaged in several undisciplined rants that demonstrate he will very much send us in the wrong direction.

Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee. So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.

How interesting to listen people, which don't remember the Bible :))) "By their fruit you will recognize them"

Who is Trump? Good manager from business, I think, he didn't consider any ideologic moment, he would search a benefit for US. I think, nuclear conflict is generally not in a benefits to US, like other wars with US participation...

Who is Killary? A Secretary of State, head of the Government during Obama's rule... Made a lot of "stupid shit", till Obama performed internal politics, she grew up an ISIS, she made a lot of points of unstability in world. At least, she has a long list of crimes and law violations - who can promise, she don't want to burn it in a nuclear fire?

And what about you? Do you want to advance US benefits, or just revenge to Russia for the Russian power, historic envy subject for all western Slavs, including Brzezinski? :)

Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee.

That presumes that Donald Trump is a rational adult. And, what, precisely, has he some thus far to convince you of that? Was it his suggestion that South Korea should pay us tribute? Or maybe it was his picking a fight with Prime Minister Cameron? Was his off the wall rant at Megyn Kelly? What, exact, has he done to make you believe he is emotionally an adult?

So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.

Yes. You made an unfounded claim about his fanboying Putin, that when challenged you we're incapable of defending. You really think that fanboying dictators is a rational action that will lead to a more stable world? REALLY?????

Your reference (the left's reference) to suggest Trump's eager fingers on the nuke button is absolutely unfounded and ridiculous. Adults don't throw that shit around like a frisbee.

That presumes that Donald Trump is a rational adult. And, what, precisely, has he some thus far to convince you of that? Was it his suggestion that South Korea should pay us tribute? Or maybe it was his picking a fight with Prime Minister Cameron? Was his off the wall rant at Megyn Kelly? What, exact, has he done to make you believe he is emotionally an adult?

So, I said he wanted peace with Russia. How does that suggest a nuclear war? You people are such a morons.

Yes. You made an unfounded claim about his fanboying Putin, that when challenged you we're incapable of defending. You really think that fanboying dictators is a rational action that will lead to a more stable world? REALLY?????

Not South Korea only but every state should pay for our protective services we protect them from whatever they feel threatened by.
Cameron is an asshole who betrays his on nation by importing muslim terrorists into GB. Who cares what the fuck he is griping about.
What do you mean I wasn't able to defend something? Defending what? Trump wants peace with Russia but it doesn't fit the Global Elitist agenda. Peace with Russia means less armament and less profit for the banks who finance military industry.

Retaining a Democrat in the White House will do the country irreparable harm, both internally, and in foreign affairs.

Really? We're popular around the world, contrary to Republican/Conservative rhetoric. Unemployment has steadily decreased since May of 2010, and is currently sitting at 4.7. So, to what "irreparable harm" are you referring?

Forum List

Back