Is ANYONE else sick of all this political shit with the sexual claims?

I don't know why there is all this distinction being made based on puberty. Some girls start their periods at 9, some don't start until they are 16. That doesn't have shit to do with it.
why does Alabama and several states have 16 as the age of consent? they are still children?
Believe it or not it was raised to 16 from 10.
Children and Youth in History | Age of Consent Laws

And should be raised again given what we know now and what should be OBVIOUS to anyone who has ever had a teenaged child. :eusa_eh: It's disgusting, it's creepy when grown men chase after teenaged girls. Yes, I know, some will say there are women out there who do this too, but it is MUCH more rare for women to be sexual predators, especially for little boys and girls.

Are 16-year-olds allowed to drink, vote, sign legally binding contracts? No? Why not?
Apparently, they are mature enough regarding consensual sex to make the decision according to the science at around 16 if done with another kid, but other parts of the brain are not fully developed until later ages that pertain to the full understanding of specific laws and law binding contracts....female brains supposedly mature faster than male brains....they are fully mature a few years earlier than the male....

it's interesting.... of course there is the possibility that the science of today turns out to be wrong.... 25 years from now!

Some people allow sex to consume them, and it is beyond ridiculous if you think about it.
Are 16-year-olds allowed to drink, vote, sign legally binding contracts? No? Why not?
Apparently, they are mature enough regarding consensual sex to make the decision according to the science at around 16 if done with another kid, but other parts of the brain are not fully developed until later ages that pertain to the full understanding of specific laws and law binding contracts....female brains supposedly mature faster than male brains....they are fully mature a few years earlier than the male....

it's interesting.... of course the possibility that the science of today turns out to be wrong.... 25 years from now!

It is not that they are "mature enough." Good lord. Ask any teenager, and they will tell you ALL about how "mature" they are. It's that we know they are going to experiment, some sooner rather than later, so we would rather have it be with their peer group than old men!

it's interesting.... of course the possibility that the science of today turns out to be wrong.... 25 years from now!

Are you kidding me? This post is ridiculous. Girls only mature faster than boys in SOME small areas. You are getting ridiculous defending a child diddler.

it's interesting.... of course there is the possibility that the science of today turns out to be wrong.... 25 years from now!

With sex, comes the high likelihood of a lifelong commitment to a child. No, these children are not "mature enough".

When a man has sex with a teen, and she cries rape even if it was consensual, I don't feel sorry for the man. That is what you get when you go around having sex with emotionally immature people who are not able to yet cope with disappointment in the proper manner and are still learning how to do so.

No, because this has been centuries in the making. It's the great awakening - and reckoning. Enjoy the ride...

Well, maybe that was a little harsh. I guess I do kind of feel sorry for them, but still. I think they did wrong to begin with, whether "consensual" or not, that is why you don't have sex with people who are very young, impressionable, silly, stupid, etc.

Well, maybe that was a little harsh. I guess I do kind of feel sorry for them, but still. I think they did wrong to begin with, whether "consensual" or not, that is why you don't have sex with people who are very young, impressionable, silly, stupid, etc.
Moore didn't have sex with any of these girls.

Well, if it's not true, then it's not true, and the people who have made false accusations should be punished for doing so HARSHLY. We need to put an end to this false accusation BS. It helps nobody and HARMS real rape victims along with the person that was falsely accused. I can't imagine the kind of person who would make false allegations against someone. What kind of vile, vindictive, gross person would do such a thing and ruin another's life like that?

Eh, until there's a law where proven child molesters are immediately skinned, salted and tortured to death in public view, I'm thinkin things will only get worse.

My fear, is this desensitization that grampa speaks about...

and part of this imo, is because the news equates all of this instances as equal and in the worst way possible....

In your thirties and trying to hang out with and pick up teenage girls is bad, or weird, or creepy, but it is NOT the same as a pedophile who goes after and has sex with, per-pubescent girls and so far, unless I missed something, all we've heard about is Moore's attempts at getting sex and maybe even attempted rape that the one woman said she felt was going to happen but impossible to prove, but they never did happen, maybe first or second base kind of stuff and most definitely him taking advantage of their youth and his age....all of this very creepy and predatory like....but he did not rape them, unless the girls he did manage to 'score' with are too embarrassed to come forward now????

whereas there are men out there who have raped teens.....

so they are not equal...both bad, but one is WORSE....

We just seem to melding sexual harassment, and sexual misconduct, and sexual abuse all with rape...so the person who actually has gone through the horrific act of being raped, is put on the level of someone who has simply been sexually harassed etc...it diminishes what the raped woman has gone through imo...

And what franken did was wrong, but it was not the same level as a 32 yr old seeking out 14 to 17 year old....

and sadly, I have to admit that I actually chuckled when I first saw the picture of him appearing to be grabbing at her flak jacket where her boobs were and his idiotic, goofy face that he was making and posing for, with the photographer....I thought it was part of a comedy skit, making fun of the way men think....(about boobies) :)

I did not know about the forced "dress rehearsal' french kiss and how horrible the woman felt about it yet...I caught the picture first.... but still, that humiliating action and demeaning actions towards the woman working with him on the USO tour, is NOT the same as preying on teens in my book.....

am I wrong? If so, why?

Care4All I consider this rape..

he picked her up around the corner from her house in Gadsden, drove her about 30 minutes to his home in the woods, told her how pretty she was and kissed her. On a second visit, she says, he took off her shirt and pants and removed his clothes. He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear.
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

due to the age difference, I see it as an attempted rape, but since he did not succeed, it was not rape... sexual rape involves penetration. BOTH are crimes and harmful, but 1 is worse than the other... also he sexually molested her and even sexually abused her due to the age difference....but neither is the same as raping her....if there was no penetration of any kind... if she had willingly said yes, and they bumped uglies, due to her age and their age difference, he raped her...statutory rape.

Though I can see how the harm mentally could be just as damaging....whether penetration took place or not...

Well, if it's not true, then it's not true, and the people who have made false accusations should be punished for doing so HARSHLY. We need to put an end to this false accusation BS. It helps nobody and HARMS real rape victims along with the person that was falsely accused. I can't imagine the kind of person who would make false allegations against someone. What kind of vile, vindictive, gross person would do such a thing and ruin another's life like that?
They all readily admit he never had sex with any of them. He kissed them. Hugged them. Two girls said that he asked them out. One girl said Moore asked her mother for permission to take her out. Mom said no and she never saw him again.

I don't know why there is all this distinction being made based on puberty. Some girls start their periods at 9, some don't start until they are 16. That doesn't have shit to do with it.
why does Alabama and several states have 16 as the age of consent? they are still children?

Maybe if you read the law in context you would not spew far left religious dogma that can be debunked.

Alabama[edit]

The age of consent in Alabama is 16.

Shown by articles of the Code of Alabama:

13A-6-70: (c) A person is deemed incapable of consent if he is: (1) Less than 16 years old...

13A-6-67 : (a) A person commits the crime of sexual abuse in the second degree if: ...
(2) He, being 19 years old or older, subjects another person to sexual contact who is less than 16 years old, but more than 12 years old.

13A-6-62 (a) A person commits the crime of rape in the second degree if: ...
(1) Being 16 years old or older, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with a member of the opposite sex less than 16 and more than 12 years old; provided, however, the actor is at least two years older than the member of the opposite sex.

13A-6-64 : (a) A person commits the crime of sodomy in the second degree if: ...
(1) He, being 16 years old or older, engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person less than 16 and more than 12 years old.

The State Legislature passed Act 2010-497 making it a crime for any school employee to have any sexual relations with a student under the age of 19. A school employee includes a teacher, school administrator, student teacher, safety or resource officer, coach, and other school employee. Age of the student and consent is not a defense. So thus, the age of consent of 16 cannot be used.

13A-6-81 : A person commits the crime of a school employee engaging in a sex act or deviant sexual intercourse with a student under the age of 19 years if:
(a) He or she is a school employee and engages in a sex act or deviant sexual intercourse with a student, regardless of whether the student is male or female. Consent is not a defense to a charge under this section.

(b) As used in this section, sex act means sexual intercourse with any penetration, however slight; emission is not required.

(c) As used in this section, deviant sexual intercourse means any act of sexual gratification between persons not married to each other involving the sex organs of one person and the mouth or anus of another.

(d) The crime of a school employee engaging in a sex act or deviant sexual intercourse with a student is a Class B felony.

13A-6-82 : A person commits the crime of a school employee having sexual contact with a student under the age of 19 years if:
(a) He or she is a school employee and engaging in sexual contact with a student, regardless of whether the student is male or female. Consent is not a defense to a charge under this section.

(b) As used in this section, sexual contact means any touching of the sexual or other intimate parts of a student, done for the purpose of gratifying the sexual desire of either party. The term includes soliciting or harassing a student to perform a sex act.

(c) The crime of a school employee having sexual contact with a student is a Class A misdemeanor.

Any individual convicted of these offenses, regardless if they received prison time or not, will have to register as a Sex Offender for the remainder of their life.

There was also a law which prohibited K-12 teachers from having sex with students under age 19, and violators could face prison time and/or get on the sex offender registry. In 2017, Alabama Circuit Judge Glenn Thompson, of Morgan County in the north of the state, ruled that this law was unconstitutional.[32]

Ages of consent in the United States - Wikipedia

But be careful as much as you far left drones praise Canada for things, the age of consent is 16.
This means nothing. What was the law in 1976?

Raise the age of consent. Women under the age of 21 cannot get contraception without parental permission. Start treating these little flowers like the infants they want to be.

Actually I will be sick of it "after" Al Franken goes down.
Could never stand the SOB and enjoyed seeing the stone throwing hypocritical ass get 15 minutes of negative coverage on the local news today.
First laugh Franken has ever given me in his comedy...political career.

Frankin had enough integrity to immediately take responsibility for his actions, and apologize. The woman accepted his apology. Did Moore or Poppy Bush do that?

You think he apologized? You don't know what an apology is. After Leeann Tweeen accused Franken of kissing her forcibly and sticking his tongue in her mouth during a rehearsal, here is what the creep said:

“I certainly don’t remember the rehearsal for the skit in the same way, but I send my sincerest apologies to Leeann,” Franken said in a statement provided to the Guardian. “As to the photo, it was clearly intended to be funny but wasn’t. I shouldn’t have done it.”

Al Franken apologizes after accusation he kissed and groped TV news anchor

He never apologized for the sexual battery; in fact, he denied it There are many ways of denying something, for example:

I didn't do that.
I have no idea what she's talking about.
That's not the way I remember it (that was Franken's approach).

Here's an apology: What she said was true and I regret having put her through it.

Franken did apologize for the crude picture but he had no choice in the matter because the photograph gave him no room to lie. However, he did not apologize for the sexual battery; instead, he called Leeann a liar. She appeared to accept his “apology”; however , in the overall scheme of things he is still a creep and his apology was as phony as a three-dollar bill.

Franken releases new statement, calls for ethics investigation of himself
Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) is calling for an ethics investigation into his own behavior after a woman accused him of kissing and groping her without consent.

Franken in an expanded statement on Thursday apologized for the incident, in which he groped television host and sports broadcaster Leeann Tweeden while she was asleep on a military plane during a 2006 USO tour.

“I understand why we need to listen to and believe women’s experiences,” he said. “I am asking that an ethics investigation be undertaken, and I will gladly cooperate.”

>

Im sick of the mods not merging every fucking Moore thread and pinning ONE DAMN THREAD AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE.

:eusa_whistle:

It is so rampant right now and the "claims" come so fast with so little proof.
I've gotten to the point that I just don't give a damn anymore. I know that's a TERRIBLE position to take but it's so bad that I feel like I can't trust anyone's "claims" any longer.
I don't like the position I find myself in at this point.

That’s because you are of weak mind and didn’t want to face reality. Man up.
Accepting aligations on face value that are of incidents decades old is weak minded. Getting tired of the boy who cried wolf is human nature.

Oh, and go fuck yourself. Preferably on a busy highway.

You want to take a pass on doing the right thing. You are uncomfortable seeing so many pervs and assholes getting their just due.

Maybe you should self evaluate. Why does the fact that women are finally unafraid make you so uneasy?
You'r a TERRIBLE judge of character if this is what you think of me.
No worries tho, I didn't hold you in high regard either. You're a soft leftist. A pussy basically.

You didn’t answer the question. Why are you uncomfortable with the fact that some are telling their stories?

Forum List

Back