Is creating intelligence an artifact of intelligence?

More data. I am perfectly comfortable saying we just don't know. In this case, we can't even speculate intelligently.
What data are you expecting exactly?
I'd like to meet at least one other intelligent species.

One thing to consider, if we look back to our own past, how long did we exist before we created anything intelligent?
You don’t need to meet another intelligent species to know that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. There are 7 billion other intelligent creatures on this planet to observe.

You are making a cop out because this offends your atheist sensibilities.
Their is one intelligent species on this planet but fine, if you want to go with individuals, how many of the 7 billion intelligences will create intelligence?

My atheist sensibilities are fine it is my science sensibilities that are hurting.
Almost all - if not all - animals and plants have some level of intelligence. The question is degree. To be intelligent one must have senses to receive input and the ability to process that input to make a selection or choice. Most animals and plants do this instinctively and are not conscious of the selection. Humans are different. Yes, we have instincts and impulses but we can override our instincts and impulses.

Humans are beings that know and create. We have built a technological society. As such we have created a myriad of technologies that mimic intelligence. They have sensors and they have processors. They receive input from their surroundings and make predetermined responses.

This should be so self evident that I am at a loss how you can be arguing against this. Therefore, I concluded that this offends your atheist sensibilities.
When did we first create technologies that mimic intelligence?

What data are you expecting exactly?

One thing to consider, if we look back to our own past, how long did we exist before we created anything intelligent?
You don’t need to meet another intelligent species to know that it is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. There are 7 billion other intelligent creatures on this planet to observe.

Their is one intelligent species on this planet but fine, if you want to go with individuals, how many of the 7 billion intelligences will create intelligence?

My atheist sensibilities are fine it is my science sensibilities that are hurting.
Almost all - if not all - animals and plants have some level of intelligence. The question is degree. To be intelligent one must have senses to receive input and the ability to process that input to make a selection or choice. Most animals and plants do this instinctively and are not conscious of the selection. Humans are different. Yes, we have instincts and impulses but we can override our instincts and impulses.

Humans are beings that know and create. We have built a technological society. As such we have created a myriad of technologies that mimic intelligence. They have sensors and they have processors. They receive input from their surroundings and make predetermined responses.

This should be so self evident that I am at a loss how you can be arguing against this. Therefore, I concluded that this offends your atheist sensibilities.
1st? Shit I don’t know the first instance but PLC has been around for decades. Any process which is automated would necessarily require it.

So before 5000 years ago life didn’t exist? Really?
Don’t be silly. Life has continuously existed since it made the leap from inanimate matter.

Intelligent life is a different matter. With respect to intelligence our physiology is no different today than it was 10,000 years ago. We just have more knowledge.
I may have you confused with jamesbond. You're not a creationist nut?

The atoms in my body were present but their current configuration wasn’t.

All matter and energy were created from nothing 14 billion years ago when space and time literally popped into existence. Since that time they have merely changed form.

Still not getting you point though.
Me neither. You're way off. You don't exchange atoms with the environment when you breathe, eat, or shit? And actually. The Aether existed 14 billion years ago just as it does now. Makes for a boring sort of god though.

So before 5000 years ago life didn’t exist? Really?
Don’t be silly. Life has continuously existed since it made the leap from inanimate matter.

Intelligent life is a different matter. With respect to intelligence our physiology is no different today than it was 10,000 years ago. We just have more knowledge.
I may have you confused with jamesbond. You're not a creationist nut?
Nope.

The atoms in my body were present but their current configuration wasn’t.

All matter and energy were created from nothing 14 billion years ago when space and time literally popped into existence. Since that time they have merely changed form.

Still not getting you point though.
Me neither. You're way off. You don't exchange atoms with the environment when you breathe, eat, or shit? And actually. The Aether existed 14 billion years ago just as it does now. Makes for a boring sort of god though.
Actually I’m not. I never said that’s how it was transferred.

But every atom that exists today was created from nothing 14 billion years ago. Since that time it has only changed form.

I hear you repeating yourself... Nonsense. Never heard of radioactive decay? Fission? Atom smashing?...

I hear you repeating yourself... Nonsense. Never heard of radioactive decay? Fission? Atom smashing?...
It’s the conservative of mass thingee.

No matter or energy has been created or destroyed since the universe was created from nothing 14 billion years ago. Since that time it has merely changed form.

I can provide a link from CERN if you like.

Be my guest..
Origins: CERN: Ideas: The Big Bang | Exploratorium

"Did you know that the matter in your body is billions of years old?

According to most astrophysicists, all the matter found in the universe today -- including the matter in people, plants, animals, the earth, stars, and galaxies -- was created at the very first moment of time, thought to be about 13 billion years ago..."

Well, that's a good excuse. Still flowery sounding gibberish without defining what exactly is meant by "matter" in the given context. If "atoms" then "nonsense" as already shown. If conflating matter with energy then even more nonsensical. Sure, I'd venture most atoms have survived reasonably intact since the Big Bang, but nowhere near all. And what the hell is "change form" supposed to mean - into a different elements or isotopes (atoms, in other words)?

In reality, both matter and energy are constantly being created and destroyed.

Last edited:

1st? Shit I don’t know the first instance but PLC has been around for decades. Any process which is automated would necessarily require it.
So we were intelligent beings for millennia before we created intelligence? Doesn't seem like such an imperative that we couldn't have gone a few more millennia.

So we were intelligent beings for millennia before we created intelligence? Doesn't seem like such an imperative that we couldn't have gone a few more millennia.
Have you ever built a house?

You don't build a house in one step. Same difference here.

Why do you think it matters how long it took?

Well, that's a good excuse. Still flowery sounding gibberish without defining what exactly is meant by "matter" in the given context. If "atoms" then "nonsense" as already shown. If conflating matter with energy then even more nonsensical. Sure, I'd venture most atoms have survived reasonably intact since the Big Bang, but nowhere near all. And what the hell is "change form" supposed to mean - into a different elements or isotopes (atoms, in other words)?

No. They are not. They are transferring form. It's called the conservation of energy and mass.

What Is the First Law of Thermodynamics? | Live Science

No. They are not. They are transferring form. It's called the conservation of energy and mass.

"the principle of conservation of energy. This means that heat energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can, however, be transferred from one location to another and converted to and from other forms of energy."

That's called using weasel words or "gibberish."
words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated.

"the principle of conservation of energy. This means that heat energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can, however, be transferred from one location to another and converted to and from other forms of energy."

That's called using weasel words or "gibberish."
words and phrases aimed at creating an impression that something specific and meaningful has been said, when in fact only a vague or ambiguous claim has been communicated.
The mass and energy never go away. Nothing weaselly about it. This is fundamental science.

The mass and energy never go away. Nothing weaselly about it. This is fundamental science.
You simply repeat yourself regurgitating long refuted institutional propaganda. Just makes you sound naive and stupid.Try thinking for yourself for once.

Forum List

Back