Is It Always 'Racist' Or 'Antisemitic' To Disagree With Israel Sometimes?

Most of those who support Israel disagree with their actions SOME of the time

This forum has quite the infestation of antisemites, however, who demonize Israel ALL of the time including their very right to exist as well as the justification for Arabs murdering Jews through terrorism.

I hear ya, but not everyone who disagrees with Israel, 'hates Jews.' Personally, i feel Israel has been given way too much power & influence over our Government. To me, it seems like Israel is calling our Foreign Policy shots in the Middle East. And i can't accept that. No foreign nation should have that kind of influence over our Government.
You do seem to be posting the same thing over and over again - that Israel has too much power over the US, but without any specifics. 'Jews rule the US/world/media' etc are common antisemitic themes. If you just keep repeating that, there will be those who see the similarities and believe you are signed up.

Last edited:

This forum has quite the infestation of antisemites, however, who demonize Israel ALL of the time including their very right to exist as well as the justification for Arabs murdering Jews through terrorism.

I hear ya, but not everyone who disagrees with Israel, 'hates Jews.' Personally, i feel Israel has been given way too much power & influence over our Government. To me, it seems like Israel is calling our Foreign Policy shots in the Middle East. And i can't accept that. No foreign nation should have that kind of influence over our Government.
You do seem to be posting the same thing over and over again - that Israel has too much power over the US, but without any specifics. 'Jews rule the US/world/media' etc is a common antisemitic theme. If you just keep repeating that, there will be those who see the similarities and believe you are signed up.

I don't dislike Jews at all. I just don't think such a tiny nation should have such a huge influence over our Government. It seems out of proportion to me.

Are we as American Citizens, required to defend and support everything Israel does? Can we have independent separate policies? Do we always have to go along? What do you think?
There is no evidence to suggest the US "goes along" with Israel. The US has acted always in its own interests, sometimes in agreement with Israel and sometimes not.

You do seem to be posting the same thing over and over again - that Israel has too much power over the US, but without any specifics. 'Jews rule the US/world/media' etc is a common antisemitic theme. If you just keep repeating that, there will be those who see the similarities and believe you are signed up.

I don't dislike Jews at all. I just don't think such a tiny nation should have such a huge influence over our Government. It seems out of proportion to me.
Well, that tiny nation is surrounded by belligerent murderous enemies and terrorists who are also the enemy of freedom and peace worldwide. That tiny nation is the only democratic one in the ME. That tiny nation makes many incredible advances in technology and medicine etc that benefit us all. It would be ultra dumb and immoral not to support them, imho. That doesn't mean they are always agreed with. But I still don't know what you specifically mean about this 'huge influence' over the US gvmnt.

Well, that tiny nation is surrounded by belligerent murderous enemies and terrorists who are also the enemy of freedom and peace worldwide. That tiny nation is the only democratic one in the ME. That tiny nation makes many incredible advances in technology and medicine etc that benefit us all. It would be ultra dumb and immoral not to support them, imho. That doesn't mean they are always agreed with. But I still don't know what you specifically mean about this 'huge influence' over the US gvmnt.

If they're gonna continue to accept American Tax Dollars, they'll have to respect all Americans' opinions on their actions. If they don't wanna do that, they can decline the Taxpayer-provided money and weapons. They don't run the show. We do.

If they're gonna continue to accept American Tax Dollars, they'll have to respect all Americans' opinions on their actions. If they don't wanna do that, they can decline the Taxpayer-provided money and weapons. They don't run the show. We do.
Since there are many different opinions among Americans, how could anybody respect them all? Even the US gvmnt can't do that.

Are we as American Citizens, required to defend and support everything Israel does? Can we have independent separate policies? Do we always have to go along? What do you think?

Red herring argument. The vast vast vast majority of the time the argument against Israel comes from rabid antisemite a who are incapable to seeing Israel's side!

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

In fact, Israel doesn't have a huge influence over the US government, and it is simply not credible to say it is the size of the country and not the fact that most Israeli are Jews that you are critical of.

Since there are many different opinions among Americans, how could anybody respect them all? Even the US gvmnt can't do that.

Last i checked, it's American Taxpayers who've ensured Israel's survival. It's not the other way around. So yes, they will have to respect all Americans' opinions on their actions. But if they don't wanna do that, they can always choose to decline the money and weapons.

Last i checked, it's American Taxpayers who've ensured Israel's survival. It's not the other way around. So yes, they will have to respect all Americans' opinions on their actions. But if they don't wanna do that, they can always choose to decline the money and weapons.
Actually, Israel defeated its major enemies and kicked the USSR out of the ME without any Us help, and the US and the US only started providing aid in order to have influence in the ME after the 1973 war.

Without US aid, Israel would survive as it did before 1973, but the US would have very little influence in the region and would probably have to station US troops in the ME to protect its Arab allies and US interests.

Aid to Israel costs US taxpayers nothing because 75% of it must be spent in the US, providing tens of thousands of good paying US jobs and the federal, state amd local taxes on wages and profits as they circulate through the economy recovers all of the money. The aid is, in fact, as wealth transfer from the federal government to the States, similar to a federal stimulus program. If you want to complain about taxpayers being ripped off think of the enormous cost to US taxpayers of defending the deadbeats NATO countries in Europe.

Actually, Israel defeated its major enemies and kicked the USSR out of the ME without any Us help, and the US and the US only started providing aid in order to have influence in the ME after the 1973 war.

Without US aid, Israel would survive as it did before 1973, but the US would have very little influence in the region and would probably have to station US troops in the ME to protect its Arab allies and US interests.

Aid to Israel costs US taxpayers nothing because 75% of it must be spent in the US, providing tens of thousands of good paying US jobs and the federal, state amd local taxes on wages and profits as they circulate through the economy recovers all of the money. The aid is, in fact, as wealth transfer from the federal government to the States, similar to a federal stimulus program. If you want to complain about taxpayers being ripped off think of the enormous cost to US taxpayers of defending the deadbeats NATO countries in Europe.

Point is, we don't rely on Israel for our survival. However, Israel does rely on us for its survival. So if i disagree with some of its actions, i don't feel i deserve to immediately be labeled a 'Racist' or 'Anti-Semite. My opinion should be respected. I mean, who's running the show? Us or Israel?

Point is, we don't rely on Israel for our survival. However, Israel does rely on us for its survival. So if i disagree with some of its actions, i don't feel i deserve to immediately be labeled a 'Racist' or 'Anti-Semite. My opinion should be respected. I mean, who's running the show? Us or Israel?
Your premises are clearly wrong, so one has to wonder why. Israel doesn't rely on US aid for its survival. In fact, the US didn't even start t provide significant aid until after Israel proved it was the regional super power. While the US does not depend on Israel for its survival, it does depend on Israel to provide a region of peace and stability in the ME so the US does not have to send US troops into battle there. Perhaps you don't think of yourself as being bigoted with respect to Israel, but the false premises you base your opinions on suggest you are. If you hold strong opinions that are not based on facts, you are a bigot.

Israels history shows itcan survive without the support of others. And I'm still at a loss as to how anybody can respect the opinions of everyone. Almost half of America is peed off right now because they didn't get their election wish. What happens about that? No one pleases everyone, simple as.

Last edited:

Your premises are clearly wrong, so one has to wonder why. Israel doesn't rely on US aid for its survival. In fact, the US didn't even start t provide significant aid until after Israel proved it was the regional super power. While the US does not depend on Israel for its survival, it does depend on Israel to provide a region of peace and stability in the ME so the US does not have to send US troops into battle there. Perhaps you don't think of yourself as being bigoted with respect to Israel, but the false premises you base your opinions on suggest you are. If you hold strong opinions that are not based on facts, you are a bigot.

Sorry, but i don't know what world you live in. Without the US, Israel would be a distant memory at this point. It owes its existence to the US. So it'll just have deal with the fact some Americans don't always agree with its actions. If it can't deal with that, just stop accepting American Taxpayer-provided money and weapons. It's their call.

Israels history shows itcan survive without others support. And I'm still at a loss as to how anybody can respect the opinions of everyone. Almost half of America is peed off right now because they didn't get their election wish. What happens about that? No one please everyone, simple as.

No actually, history shows the exact opposite. Israel has always relied solely on massive US support. Without it, it would be a distant memory at this point. That's why i don't appreciate its petulant behavior.

Sorry, but i don't know what world you live in. Without the US, Israel would be a distant memory at this point. It owes its existence to the US. So it'll just have deal with the fact some Americans don't always agree with its actions. If it can't deal with that, just stop accepting American Taxpayer-provided money and weapons. It's their call.
Actually, Israel probably has nukes, so if you think her survival would be threatened without Americas support, what do you think would have/would happen in that region?

Israels history shows itcan survive without others support. And I'm still at a loss as to how anybody can respect the opinions of everyone. Almost half of America is peed off right now because they didn't get their election wish. What happens about that? No one please everyone, simple as.

No actually, history shows the exact opposite. It has always relied solely on massive US support. Without it, it would be a distant memory at this point.
No it hasn't. Fact.

No actually, history shows the exact opposite. Israel has always relied solely on massive US support. Without it, it would be a distant memory at this point. That's why i don't appreciate its petulant behavior.
Are you equally as concerned about giving so much money to Pakistan, a terrorist nation?

---- No but it isn't PC to say anything about Muslims except move on in and blow us up. Drive a truck down Main Street and kill a bunch of women and children.

Again, it simply isn't true Israel would not have survived without US aid. Israel defeated the combined Arab forces in 1948, 1956, 1967 and 1973 without any US military aid, and in the last two wars not only were the Arabs more numerous and better armed but also had Russian pilots flying some of their planes and Russian technicians and engineers managing their weapons systems. So there is simply no basis in fact or logic for saying Israel wouldn't survive without US military aid.

You clearly are not well enough acquainted with the facts to hold such strong opinions.

Forum List

Back