Is it "Congress's" Constitutional Duty To Raise The Debt Ceiling?

Because you vote demfk. That’s totally stupid
Let's see...

Under the presidents for whom I voted America has gained 48 of the 44 million total private industry jobs created since 1989.

Under each the deficit was either reduced or eliminated.

Avg. GDP growth across the three is about 50 - 60 % higher than the GOP set.

What have you got?

Let's see...

Under the presidents for whom I voted America has gained 48 of the 44 million total private industry jobs created since 1989.

Under each the deficit was either reduced or eliminated.

Avg. GDP growth across the three is about 50 - 60 % higher than the GOP set.

What have you got?
Where's the evidence to support this idiotic claim?

If you’re going to make the claim that Republicans have spent too much, then I’ll agree with you. But, in THIS moment, they’ve come up with a budget that allows the debt increase, and all they’re saying is there must be cuts as well…what’s wrong with that?
What you see to be arguing is, republicans have been irresponsible, and I want to be MORE irresponsible…No.
All you have to ask is who wants to spend more on the current budget, Dims or Republicans, to see who has the spending problem. Dims have always been the ones demanding more spending on every budget. Every time we had a budget stand-off it was because the Dims were demanding more spending and the Republicans demanded cuts.

Who do you assholes think you're fooling?

Think about it. Karine Jean-Pierre says:

“You’ve heard from the president multiple times during the last five months. He’s been very clear,” she said. “You’ve heard from the president; you’ve heard from the economic team; you’ve heard from Democrats, the leadership in the House, in the Senate talk — speak to this about the urgency, about Congress actually needing to act and doing their constitutional duty.”

So, if it was set up that it is up to Congress to raise the debt ceiling then that pretty much means that it isn't an automatic thing if they have to decide to do it. So, it is not Congress's Constitutional duty to just raise the debt ceiling automatically because it was set up that they debate it.

Further, I find it fairly amusing that some Democrats want to use the 14th amendment from 1868 to override a law from 1917.

Not to mention, Republicans in the House have already passed a debt ceiling increase. We're waiting on the Senate and Biden to pass it into law.

It is Congress's responsibility to be sure we do not default on our debt. And there is such a thing as necessary, even beneficial, debt.

The problem is that so much of our debt is irresponsible and non beneficial debt pushed by mostly--not all but mostly--irresponsible Democrats.

And a feckless and often divided GOP always blinks first when it comes to showdowns as to whether that irresponsible and non beneficial spending will be funded or whether it will be rolled back when we hit the debt ceiling.

Were you around in 1988 and 90 when the Communists reneged on promises they made to Reagan and Bush to cut spending in exchange for raising taxes? This is why they are backstabbers to the Nth degree.
The Democrats did promise Bush 41 that for every dollar in tax increases he agreed to, there would be two dollars in spending cuts. The tax increase happened, but the spending cuts never did. In fact the opposite happened. That was the Democrats plan all along.

Democrats will always promise to cut spending knowing full well that they will not follow through.

The Democrats did promise Bush 41 that for every dollar in tax increases he agreed to, there would be two dollars in spending cuts. The tax increase happened, but the spending cuts never did. In fact the opposite happened. That was the Democrats plan all along.

Democrats will always promise to cut spending knowing full well that they will not follow through.
They pulled the same shit with Reagan in 1988.

Forum List

Back