Is it moral for God to punish us?

I am speaking of whatever emotion you have when rejected for another.

When that happened to me, I just wished them well. Why does you God not just do that instead of showing hate.

After all, your own bible says that he should respond to what he sees as my evil with something good. Not hate, unless you think hate is good.

Romans 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Your God seems overcome by evil.

Regards
DL

I'm not understanding you. God is goodness and love, and His kingdom is love and goodness. If you have no wish to love or be love, then you are free to live outside love. How is that not honoring and respecting your free will? Isn't that simply giving you the non-love and the non-goodness you have requested? If you do not wish non-love and non-goodness, and you do not wish goodness and love--what is it you wish?

I am speaking of whatever emotion you have when rejected for another.

When that happened to me, I just wished them well. Why does you God not just do that instead of showing hate.

After all, your own bible says that he should respond to what he sees as my evil with something good. Not hate, unless you think hate is good.

Your God seems overcome by evil.

Regards
DL

I'm not understanding you. God is goodness and love, and His kingdom is love and goodness. If you have no wish to love or be love, then you are free to live outside love. How is that not honoring and respecting your free will? Isn't that simply giving you the non-love and the non-goodness you have requested? If you do not wish non-love and non-goodness, and you do not wish goodness and love--what is it you wish?

To not be lied to by delusional fools.

Goodness and love would not create a place of hate like hell.

God is not just giving non-love and the non-goodness, he is giving torture and death.

What is it about hell as his only immoral response do you not understand?

Do you give harm to all who reject you or something less that does not show hate the way your God does?

Regards
DL

God is not just giving non-love and the non-goodness, he is giving torture and death.

Do you give harm to all who reject you or something less that does not show hate the way your God does?

Regards
DL

Again, I am not understanding the problem you see. God is goodness and love. Some people want nothing to do with goodness and love. God allows them this choice. How does this become evil in your eyes?

Are you of the mind that God should force people to be loving and good, because that is in their best interest as you see it? If God does not force people to be loving and good, then you believe God is evil?

Regards
DL

Again, I am not understanding the problem you see. God is goodness and love. Some people want nothing to do with goodness and love. God allows them this choice. How does this become evil in your eyes?

Are you of the mind that God should force people to be loving and good, because that is in their best interest as you see it? If God does not force people to be loving and good, then you believe God is evil?

The blind that does not want to see.

A loving God who replies to rejection with hate, cannot be a loving God.

Only a fool would think that such a God would be good and your own bible show how evil God is.

Your God is constantly overcome by evil and responds to evil, like rejection, in an evil way.

Regards
DL

Only a fool would think that such a God would be good and your own bible show how evil God is.

Your God is constantly overcome by evil and responds to evil, like rejection, in an evil way.

God does not respond to rejection with hate.

So hell is a good response and a good place.

Thanks for showing that you do not have intelligence.

Regards
DL

Heaven is love and goodness. If one does not want to be around love or goodness, the alternative is that they don't have to be around love and goodness. The choice is theirs, God does not force them into it.

Heaven is love and goodness. If one does not want to be around love or goodness, the alternative is that they don't have to be around love and goodness. The choice is theirs, God does not force them into it.

Yet Satan was produced by your place of love and goodness.

You are quite the liar as you cannot know what heaven is all about.

You make statements you cannot possibly have facts on and that means you are lying.

Regards
DL

Yet Satan was produced by your place of love and goodness.

Yes, and Satan rejected it and chose a place that contained neither.

You are quite the liar as you cannot know what heaven is all about.

You make statements you cannot possibly have facts on and that means you are lying.

Grin. I can't know what heaven is all about? You sure about that? On, the other hand, I do know what I'm speaking about, otherwise I wouldn't offer it for your consideration.

Only a fool would think hell is of love.

Take your delusional thinking out of here. I am done with your idiocy of thinking evil is good.

Regards
DL

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

The presumption that God punishes anybody is false.

If you had a friend who was having a problem with drugs and you told them that if they didn't get their act together they would end up either dead or in jail and they disregarded your warning and ended up dead or in jail would it be because you were punishing them for something?

In the same way God has sent the law as a light. Those who fail to heed the teachings of the law are bound to suffer the consequences, not as some sort of sadistic punishment but as a matter of cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with irrational beliefs, you will become an irrational creature and will say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love and love you.

This is the subject of Kosher law.

If you diligently stand guard over the purity of your own mind and refrain from filling it with the vile and contaminating beliefs of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, or teeming vermin who go down on all fours, etc.,, you will become a living being capable of reaching out your hand, taking and eating of the tree of life and you will never know what it is to die..

You have Moses, all of the prophets, and the revelation of Jesus, its simple; Do this, don't do that.

If anyone suffers as a result of what they do or fail to do, they really have no one to blame but themselves.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

If you had a friend who was having a problem with drugs and you told them that if they didn't get their act together they would end up either dead or in jail and they disregarded your warning and ended up dead or in jail would it be because you were punishing them for something?

In the same way God has sent the law as a light. Those who fail to heed the teachings of the law are bound to suffer the consequences, not as some sort of sadistic punishment but as a matter of cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with irrational beliefs, you will become an irrational creature and will say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love and love you.

If you diligently stand guard over the purity of your own mind and refrain from filling it with the vile and contaminating beliefs of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, or teeming vermin who go down on all fours, etc.,, you will become a living being capable of reaching out your hand, taking and eating of the tree of life and you will never know what it is to die..

You have Moses, all of the prophets, and the revelation of Jesus, its simple; Do this, don't do that.

If anyone suffers as a result of what they do or fail to do, they really have no one to blame but themselves.

Another fool who thinks man created hell.

"law as a light"

Your light is a dim bulb when you look at the morality of his laws.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

"law as a light"

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

You are confusing the irrational beliefs of creatures who do not ruminate with what is the truth in actuality and it has defiled and contaminated your mind. Another innocent persons suffering can never eliminate the burden of individual responsibility. What are you talking about anyway? The bullshit claim of religious nut jobs that Jesus died because of something that I did? Nonsense.

No one escapes the consequences of what they do or fail to do for either good or evil.. All people are responsible for their own actions or inaction.

God does not punish anyone.

Last edited:

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

"law as a light"

Regards
DL

You are confusing the irrational beliefs of creatures who do not ruminate with what is the truth in actuality and it has defiled and contaminated your mind. Another innocent persons suffering can never eliminate the burden of individual responsibility. What are you talking about anyway? The bullshit claim of religious nut jobs that Jesus died because of something that I did? Nonsense.

No one escapes the consequences of what they do or fail to do for either good or evil.. All people are responsible for their own actions or inaction.

God does not punish anyone.

Yours is not the bible God then.

Who is your God?

Regards
DL

Only a fool would think hell is of love.

I did not say hell is of love. Re-read what I wrote. I said hell is for people who want nothing to do with love or goodness. That's why those of us who do want an existence that encompasses love and goodness call that other existence (an existence of not having to bother with love and goodness) "hell."

Well said, and bears repeating.

God's sitting there drooling waiting for someone to step out of line so He can punish them. Kinda like the Nazis.

God's sitting there drooling waiting for someone to step out of line so He can punish them. Kinda like the Nazis.

Ant the two above see that as love.

Love me or Auschwitz.

And they see those ovens as the only possible response. That is how sick religious belief can make a mind.

Regards
DL

No,that is not God. God is the one who is waiting for people who turned away from Him/Love to turn back to Him/Love. I think that other guy you mentioned is no more than a bad dream.

Ant the two above see that as love.

Love me or Auschwitz.

And they see those ovens as the only possible response. That is how sick religious belief can make a mind.

You misunderstand both of us. Listen carefully. Look intently.

Forum List

Back