Is it moral for God to punish us?

God's sitting there drooling waiting for someone to step out of line so He can punish them. Kinda like the Nazis.
No,that is not God. God is the one who is waiting for people who turned away from Him/Love to turn back to Him/Love. I think that other guy you mentioned is no more than a bad dream.
God has a big ego too. He wants me to worship him or else it's off to the oven I go!

When people don't understand me I might get a bit miffed, but that doesn't mean I sentence them to an eternity of torment while calling myself the very epitome of love.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

The presumption that God punishes anybody is false.

If you had a friend who was having a problem with drugs and you told them that if they didn't get their act together they would end up either dead or in jail and they disregarded your warning and ended up dead or in jail would it be because you were punishing them for something?

In the same way God has sent the law as a light. Those who fail to heed the teachings of the law are bound to suffer the consequences, not as some sort of sadistic punishment but as a matter of cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with irrational beliefs, you will become an irrational creature and will say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love and love you.

This is the subject of Kosher law.

If you diligently stand guard over the purity of your own mind and refrain from filling it with the vile and contaminating beliefs of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, or teeming vermin who go down on all fours, etc.,, you will become a living being capable of reaching out your hand, taking and eating of the tree of life and you will never know what it is to die..

You have Moses, all of the prophets, and the revelation of Jesus, its simple; Do this, don't do that.

If anyone suffers as a result of what they do or fail to do, they really have no one to blame but themselves.

Another fool who thinks man created hell.

"law as a light"

Your light is a dim bulb when you look at the morality of his laws.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

You are confusing the irrational beliefs of creatures who do not ruminate with what is the truth in actuality and it has defiled and contaminated your mind. Another innocent persons suffering can never eliminate the burden of individual responsibility. What are you talking about anyway? The bullshit claim of religious nut jobs that Jesus died because of something that I did? Nonsense.

No one escapes the consequences of what they do or fail to do for either good or evil.. All people are responsible for their own actions or inaction.

God does not punish anyone.

Yours is not the bible God then.

Who is your God?

Regards
DL

My God is God.

Strive to do what is right and he will make himself known to you.

The Law was given as a light. Do it according to the sublime teaching of Jesus encapsulated in the command to eat his flesh that the words are figurative in nature and the subjects hidden and you will have life in abundance and never know what it is to die.. If you disregard the teaching and do something else you will never find peace, only death, and the pain, confusion, and suffering associated with hell.

Whatever happens is a choice.

Take a good look around. There are many fully grown adult people who are free to do what they please who openly defy the law and deliberately worship another human being or some trinitarian figment of their unrestrained imagination and do not even have an inkling how obvious their sin is to anyone with half a brain. This is the death consequent to their deliberate choice to engage in idolatry and the suffering associated with living in this world without the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and good and evil and without any awareness of the implications of their own words and deeds is no ones fault except their own.

No one can blame this on God.

Do you agree?

If not, why not?

Regards
DL

The presumption that God punishes anybody is false.

If you had a friend who was having a problem with drugs and you told them that if they didn't get their act together they would end up either dead or in jail and they disregarded your warning and ended up dead or in jail would it be because you were punishing them for something?

In the same way God has sent the law as a light. Those who fail to heed the teachings of the law are bound to suffer the consequences, not as some sort of sadistic punishment but as a matter of cause and effect.

If you fill your mind with irrational beliefs, you will become an irrational creature and will say and do stupid things that injure yourself and the people that you love and love you.

This is the subject of Kosher law.

If you diligently stand guard over the purity of your own mind and refrain from filling it with the vile and contaminating beliefs of unclean creatures that do not ruminate, or teeming vermin who go down on all fours, etc.,, you will become a living being capable of reaching out your hand, taking and eating of the tree of life and you will never know what it is to die..

You have Moses, all of the prophets, and the revelation of Jesus, its simple; Do this, don't do that.

If anyone suffers as a result of what they do or fail to do, they really have no one to blame but themselves.

Another fool who thinks man created hell.

"law as a light"

Your light is a dim bulb when you look at the morality of his laws.

Having another innocent person suffer for the wrongs you have done, --- so that you might escape responsibility for having done them, --- is immoral. Do you agree?

Regards
DL

You are confusing the irrational beliefs of creatures who do not ruminate with what is the truth in actuality and it has defiled and contaminated your mind. Another innocent persons suffering can never eliminate the burden of individual responsibility. What are you talking about anyway? The bullshit claim of religious nut jobs that Jesus died because of something that I did? Nonsense.

No one escapes the consequences of what they do or fail to do for either good or evil.. All people are responsible for their own actions or inaction.

God does not punish anyone.

Yours is not the bible God then.

Who is your God?

Regards
DL

My God is God.

Strive to do what is right and he will make himself known to you.

The Law was given as a light. Do it according to the sublime teaching of Jesus encapsulated in the command to eat his flesh that the words are figurative in nature and the subjects hidden and you will have life in abundance and never know what it is to die.. If you disregard the teaching and do something else you will never find peace, only death, and the pain, confusion, and suffering associated with hell.

Whatever happens is a choice.

Take a good look around. There are many fully grown adult people who are free to do what they please who openly defy the law and deliberately worship another human being or some trinitarian figment of their unrestrained imagination and do not even have an inkling how obvious their sin is to anyone with half a brain. This is the death consequent to their deliberate choice to engage in idolatry and the suffering associated with living in this world without the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and good and evil and without any awareness of the implications of their own words and deeds is no ones fault except their own.

No one can blame this on God.

Why are you hiding your God's name and then spouting off about Jesus. Is that your God?

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin. That being the case, for God to punish us for following the instincts and natures he put in us would be quite wrong.

Psalm 51:5 "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Regards
DL

Why are you hiding your God's name and then spouting off about Jesus. Is that your God?

Thank you for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and for so generously demonstrating the disturbing consequences for disobedience.

Thank you for helping me to show the wisdom of God in giving the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate and for so generously demonstrating the disturbing consequences for disobedience.

Thank you for biting me. Jesus will be pleased.

Regards
DL

I'm not sure if you were born yesterday, but if you were, he didn't create you......your parents did.....unless you are a test tube baby in which case some creepy lab assistant created you........
Maybe you should go and ask someone who has a clue about the bible.
I've already corrected your errors.....I don't need any help......
So who created pedophiles and gays?
have they not made their own choices?.....

No.

When did you decide not to be gay?

When did you decide not to be a pedophile?

Regards
DL
when did you decide the opposite?......correct me if I am wrong, but I believe even a pedophile can choose not to attack children.......

When people don't understand me I might get a bit miffed, but that doesn't mean I sentence them to an eternity of torment while calling myself the very epitome of love.
yet, that was the choice you preferred over believing that a God could exist who offered you the choice......very strange......

Maybe you should go and ask someone who has a clue about the bible.
I've already corrected your errors.....I don't need any help......
So who created pedophiles and gays?
have they not made their own choices?.....

No.

When did you decide not to be gay?

When did you decide not to be a pedophile?

Regards
DL
when did you decide the opposite?......correct me if I am wrong, but I believe even a pedophile can choose not to attack children.......
Just for future reference:

Pedophile = wrong
Gay = not wrong

yet, that was the choice you preferred over believing that a God could exist who offered you the choice......very strange......
God offers you a choice then if you don't pick the choice god wants you to pick, he burns you in hell forever. Nice.

Forum List

Back