Is it time for Congress to exercise their express power to Call the Militia?

Should Congress exercise their Article 1, Section 7 Powers to Repel Invasion?

• Yes

Votes: 24 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.0%

• Total voters
but things will have to get REALLY fucked up before the public ignore the media spin

Things are really fucked up, and even legal latinos are ignoring the media spin now...

I think it has to get A LOT WORSE.

Don't forget that even though you, many other posters and myself recognize the disaster for what it is, there are millions of mindless bed wetters who want it to continue, and many more millions who are completely oblivious.

When the become cognizant it will be too late of course, but if things escalated to quickly they would easily be manipulated to opposing the proper solution.

The crash must come.

Yes, its is time for Congress to protect us from radical teapers hell bent on a race war and revolution.

Exhibit # 12,958,913.

Another bed wetting drone who would gleefully dump Zyklon B down the vent shaft at the behest of his messiah.

Wouldn't it just be a lot easier just to legislate?

The bill was agreed to by both parties, passed by the Senate and has been sitting on Boehner's desk for more than a year.

Dingbat reactionary RWs would have armed guards shooting children.

I strongly doubt anyone will actually invade the US anytime soon. The section before the invasion part, concerning insurrection, I believe is much easier to foresee.

Quite frankly, another call to arms I'd answer!

Issue is, the way I see things playing out in such a circumstance is a Governor being elected to a highly red State who convinces several bordering red states to secede. After which things disintegrate into Red vs. Blue (instead of Blue vs. Grey) and a Second Civil War erupts, quite similar to the first in terms of areas blocking out to one side or another. Anyway, I don't see militias in a revolting state responding favorably to a Federal call to arms.

Considering most military members come from red states, own and appreciate gun ownership I am confident that the coming conflict will not end well for the bed wetters.

Lucky for them we have a moral compass and will allow them to resettle elsewhere.

Free Inner Tube rides to Cuba!!!!

Or free sky diving lessons over North Korea!!!!

Take your pick.

Last edited:
An hour after this poll opens, only four mentally deranged voted yes. This either means there's hope yet for america, or the rest of the crazies are still at happy hour.

Dingbat reactionary RWs would have armed guards shooting children.

And useless liberals would put millions of illegal aliens on the public dole so we have to pay for their medical care, food, and housing.

Both approaches are ridiculously inappropriate. That's why you need the levelheaded approach of independents that don't care for the zealotry of either wing.

An hour after this poll opens, only four mentally deranged voted yes. This either means there's hope yet for america, or the rest of the crazies are still at happy hour.

And only two votes against the proposition, which speaks even worse for your ilk.

I strongly doubt anyone will actually invade the US anytime soon. The section before the invasion part, concerning insurrection, I believe is much easier to foresee.

Quite frankly, another call to arms I'd answer!

Issue is, the way I see things playing out in such a circumstance is a Governor being elected to a highly red State who convinces several bordering red states to secede. After which things disintegrate into Red vs. Blue (instead of Blue vs. Grey) and a Second Civil War erupts, quite similar to the first in terms of areas blocking out to one side or another. Anyway, I don't see militias in a revolting state responding favorably to a Federal call to arms.

Nah, a civil war requires people that will actually fight and bleed for their 'revolution'. And The seccessionist crowd are almost universally chickenshytes who will give you a laundry list of excuses why someone else has to bleed.

But never them.

Its an gaggle of Jeffersons. Without a Hamilton or Washington among them.

The Militia should be used on the racist xenophobes blocking federal buses.

That's kinda the elephant in the livingroom, isn't it? The secessionists imagine that when they start killing cops, fire fighters and our soldiers in the name of their 'revolution' that the rest of the country is going to join them.

When in reality, I expect it would take less than a day for the seccessionists to be begging the very cops and soldiers they were killing that morning for protection.......from the rest of us.

Not the cops. Not the soldiers. But a very well armed and very well organized citizenry that would not put up with secessionist cop killing shyte.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong. Try it, my little 'new civil war' chickenshytes. It wouldn't take a day to cull the lot of you.

The Militia should be used on the racist xenophobes blocking federal buses.

Let's rephrase that for what it really says:

The Militia of legal law-abiding Citizens should be used to exterminate the Tea Party...

Time to rouse USMB to see this quote in all its glory! Don't forget to vote guys!

I have this list of decent Americans and USMB members for such rare occasions as these, screen shot this! An a gun grabbing Libbie admitted his fantasy of demociding political opposition! Very Stalin-esque!

[MENTION=19543]Geaux4it[/MENTION] [MENTION=40803]House[/MENTION] [MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION] [MENTION=22590]AquaAthena[/MENTION] [MENTION=27995]Uncensored2008[/MENTION] [MENTION=17441]Newby[/MENTION] [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] [MENTION=31640]koshergrl[/MENTION] [MENTION=46151]HelenaHandbag[/MENTION] [MENTION=11944]Mad Scientist[/MENTION] [MENTION=5035]GHook93[/MENTION] [MENTION=12394]PoliticalChic[/MENTION] [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] [MENTION=43198]Pete7469[/MENTION] [MENTION=43198]Pete7469[/MENTION] [MENTION=34478]Clementine[/MENTION] [MENTION=41356]S.J.[/MENTION] [MENTION=46110]pvsi[/MENTION] [MENTION=39750]Intolerant[/MENTION] [MENTION=46796]shart_attack[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=25451]tinydancer[/MENTION] [MENTION=21524]oldfart[/MENTION] [MENTION=24036]R.C. Christian[/MENTION] [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=42380]OriginalShroom[/MENTION] [MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION] [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] [MENTION=20545]Mr. H.[/MENTION] [MENTION=47870]Vigilante[/MENTION] [MENTION=13580]CaféAuLait[/MENTION] [MENTION=25505]Jroc[/MENTION] [MENTION=31153]HenryBHough[/MENTION] [MENTION=42969]jon_berzerk[/MENTION] [MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION] [MENTION=11635]Kat[/MENTION]zndog [MENTION=47390]DriftingSand[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION] [MENTION=47812]CorvusRexus[/MENTION]

Last edited:
I say no.

Such escalation is a long way off. Not that I disagree in principle, but things will have to get REALLY fucked up before the public ignore the media spin and answers the call.

The problem with that is then the problems are too great to surmount in a peaceable manner.

Since President Obama, the Executive, is refusing to protect the United States from an invasion, and the Judiciary wields no enforcement or military power, Article IV, Section 4 of the United States Constitution demands that the federal Government defends this Nation from both foreign and domestic invasion.

Since neither the Executive Branch is willing to honor their Oath to the Constitution under Article IV, Section 4, and since the Judiciary has no method of honoring that clause of Article IV, Section 4, the only remaining branch of the Federal Government that is both capable and empowered to repel the foreign invaders is the Legislature:

Article 1, Section 7:
To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress.

Congress does not need Obama's approval to act against this invasion.

Obama would then be compelled by Article II, Section 2, to repel the invasion identified by Congress:
The President shall be commander in chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the militia of the several states, when called into the actual service of the United States.

If he refuses to do so, Impeachment would not only be right, but a duty.

Anyone that provided aid and comfort to the invaders would be guilty of Treason via Article 3, Section 3 and summarily executed without delay:

Article III, Section 3:

Congress has the power under Article 1, Section 9 to suspend Habeas Corpus during an invasion of US soil, this would allow to Constitutionally detain and restrain US citizens who aided, abetted and provided comfort to the invaders, but not in a heinous enough fashion as to execute them. Eighth Amendment protections against torture would still apply.
The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.

Eight Amendment:
Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

I voted "yes".

I say no.

Such escalation is a long way off. Not that I disagree in principle, but things will have to get REALLY fucked up before the public ignore the media spin and answers the call.

The problem with that is then the problems are too great to surmount in a peaceable manner.

I'm at a point where I don't think a peaceful manner is a vehicle to a solution any longer.

I pray to God I'm wrong, but I'm prepared for the worst.

I'm at a point where I don't think a peaceful manner is a vehicle to a solution any longer.

I pray to God I'm wrong, but I'm prepared for the worst.

[/COLOR]

Until Jury Trials are suspended, there will always be a peaceful manner in which we can resolve it --- not convicting each other under the Commie laws and regulations.

Notice that the Obamacare tax penalty is immune to Jury review...

Trial by Jury is so important that is was protected multiple times in the Bill of Rights, as were corollary due process rights such as Habeas Corpus up in Article I and Warrants/bail/no-torture in the 4th/8th Amendments.

It's listed as one of the primary causes of the American Revolution in the Declaration of Independence, it's why John Hancock put a GIANT sig on it.
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:

Thomas Jefferson reinforced an doubts that we may have:
"I consider Trial by Jury as the only anchor yet imagined by man, by which a government can be held to the principles of its constitution." -- U.S. President Thomas Jefferson; Author of the Declaration of Independence

When our Jury system is either abolished or practically rendered useless as to be abolished...then we can Restore the Rule of Law, as the Government has become a Tyranny and is REVOLTING against the People.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back