Is it time to legalize pot and reduce the death rate of tobacco and alcohol?

How would legalizing marijuana reduce deaths from alcohol and tobacco? It isn't either or, most of the time it's both, simultaneously.

People are assuming that if marijuana is legal people will switch their vice from drinking and tobacco to weed, I smoke and drink and if weed was legal that wouldn't change, I might enjoy a nice blunt every now and again but I wouldn't switch over to the buddha completely.

That's pretty much the way it would go. At worst, people would drink and smoke dope simultaneously being both drunk and high.

The day Whitney Houston died, she was at the poolside restaurant knocking back straights and chain smoking cigarettes. She had a pharmacy of drugs in her system including pot. Obviously she could smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol AND take an assortment of drugs.

You are pretty much spot on, people wouldn't stop smoking ciggarretts or drinking alcohol, the only difference is they will be able to go down to the store and legally purchase marijuana to smoke along with their Newports and their beer.

The big thing is the $$$ saved by NOT prosecuting and jailing these folks that have health problems.
You do not see Mexican cartels smuggling in bottles of J & B Scotch but if it was illegal they would be killing to do that also.
Decriminlaize and the cartels move their $$ into something else.

Yes. I agree with it.

It allows free will for adults while putting in place the regulations designed to educate the young without encouraging them to partake. That is called intelligent use of freedom of choice. A pure democratic notion.

The regulation part is to insure that parents can get pushers away from their children.

Regards
DL

You want your dope and lack the ability to discuss the issue in a rational or logical manner.

If you want to sway the nation, present FACTS, not lies, and present them in a rational way.

Trying to convince people that smoking dope is good is never going to win them over.

Yes. I agree with it.

It allows free will for adults while putting in place the regulations designed to educate the young without encouraging them to partake. That is called intelligent use of freedom of choice. A pure democratic notion.

The regulation part is to insure that parents can get pushers away from their children.

Regards
DL

You want your dope and lack the ability to discuss the issue in a rational or logical manner.

If you want to sway the nation, present FACTS, not lies, and present them in a rational way.

Trying to convince people that smoking dope is good is never going to win them over.

Yeah........I've never had a stomach ache or a headache and lied there thinking "by golly i wish weed was legal so i could deal with this."

The main reason ppl want weed legal is either to cut gov't spending and expand freedoms or to get high, or a combination of those things. Medical reasons is at or near the bottom of the list.

How would legalizing marijuana reduce deaths from alcohol and tobacco? It isn't either or, most of the time it's both, simultaneously.

And inhaling the smoke from the marijuana joint is BETTER for you than the smoke from tobacco? Hmmm, now THAT's a good one!!:cuckoo:

The Netherlands have cracked down on the pot "coffee houses" and closed many of them so the Netherlands is not a good example.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the legalization of marijuana would reduce deaths from alcohol or cigarettes and absolutely no evidence that marijuana use would reduce driver impaired car accidents.

Yes. I agree with it.

Regards
DL

Where have I stated that smoking dope is good?

All I promote is intelligent use of freedom of choice and a move to a more democratic way.

You make false claims without backing them up while accusing me of falsehood while I gave you a Royal Commission report that backs up what I say.

Keep up your lies. Those against my notions will see and and you will do my job of winning them over for me.

Regards
DL

And inhaling the smoke from the marijuana joint is BETTER for you than the smoke from tobacco? Hmmm, now THAT's a good one!!:cuckoo:

Maybe inhaling marijuana smoke is believed to cure and correct damage from cigarette smoke!

If you smoke marijuana you can drink as much as you want and never get drunk.

Marijuana improves performance so much that everyone who operates heavy machinery should be tested to make sure they have a sufficient amount of THC in their system.

The Netherlands have cracked down on the pot "coffee houses" and closed many of them so the Netherlands is not a good example.

There is no evidence whatsoever that the legalization of marijuana would reduce deaths from alcohol or cigarettes and absolutely no evidence that marijuana use would reduce driver impaired car accidents.

I heard they closed those shops down to curb on people coming there for "drug tourism" or whatever.

Maybe inhaling marijuana smoke is believed to cure and correct damage from cigarette smoke!

Marijuana improves performance so much that everyone who operates heavy machinery should be tested to make sure they have a sufficient amount of THC in their system.

Well you can get both high and drunk, however marijuana usually will save you from throwing up and a huge hang over the next day, thats been my experience with it at least.

Yeah........I've never had a stomach ache or a headache and lied there thinking "by golly i wish weed was legal so i could deal with this."

The main reason ppl want weed legal is either to cut gov't spending and expand freedoms or to get high, or a combination of those things. Medical reasons is at or near the bottom of the list.

Well said.

I'll also add that I view putting people in prison for doing things to themselves that we don't like is immoral.

Prohibition fuels the Mexican drug cartels and the murders they commit. It fuels the deep corruption in the DEA, BATF, and CIA.

There are a LOT of good reasons to legalize drugs. I miss being able to browse the streets of Tijuana and Ensanada - prohibition is the reason it isn't safe anymore.

My experience with being drunk is that throwing up and having a hangover increased with age. When I was young I wondered what the big deal was. It never made me sick. The older I got, the sicker I got. Now, I don't drink beyond the occasional glass of wine with dinner. Since it's so seldom, the wine better be the best.

And do they propose allowing smoking marijuana in bars and restaurants? Hmm, again no danger in THAT secondhand smoke! Yeah, right!

Where have I stated that smoking dope is good?

In the OP.

All I promote is intelligent use of freedom of choice and a move to a more democratic way.

You make false claims without backing them up while accusing me of falsehood while I gave you a Royal Commission report that backs up what I say.

You mean false claims like saying that legalizing pot will reduce the death rate from tobacco and alcohol?

That sort of false claim?

Keep up your lies. Those against my notions will see and and you will do my job of winning them over for me.

Yeah, you're
Charlie-Sheen-Winning-Duh1.jpg

Well said.

I'll also add that I view putting people in prison for doing things to themselves that we don't like is immoral.

Prohibition fuels the Mexican drug cartels and the murders they commit. It fuels the deep corruption in the DEA, BATF, and CIA.

There are a LOT of good reasons to legalize drugs. I miss being able to browse the streets of Tijuana and Ensanada - prohibition is the reason it isn't safe anymore.

If drug legalization would stop the drug cartels, we are several years too late. Cartel activity expanded beyond drugs several years ago.

My experience with being drunk is that throwing up and having a hangover increased with age. When I was young I wondered what the big deal was. It never made me sick. The older I got, the sicker I got. Now, I don't drink beyond the occasional glass of wine with dinner. Since it's so seldom, the wine better be the best.

Well for me since I have more experience with drinking now I only get hammered or wasted if thats what I want to do, like when I went out for Saint Patricks days, they had alot of drink specials and I couldn't help but try them, I knew I would pay for it the next day, when you are young you don't really know your limits yet and you can be feeling good one minute, throwing your guts up the next, You play you pay I suppose.

Well said.

If drug legalization would stop the drug cartels, we are several years too late. Cartel activity expanded beyond drugs several years ago.

The Cartels are into alot of different stuff, prostitution, sex slavery, organ harvesting, underground street fighting etc etc

Just the opposite with me.

When I was young, a few beers would give me a hangover. Now I can down a bottle of Merlot bymyself and feel fine in the morning.

Forum List

Back