Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

The thing is we really don't know how the universe came into being.

We have a pretty good idea. It's called Inflation Theory. All the matter and energy that we see today was created through a quantum tunneling event which obeyed the laws of conservation.

Did Gods place the bacteria on Mars that have been found too? Or did it just appear there naturally? Diamonds are created out of coal, all natural processes. No Gods are involved. I'm sure at one time people probably thought that Gods created diamonds.

Education has likely worked against religion: all these fantastic stories of arks and whales and burning bushes and miracles sold much better to the uneducated.
Surprisingly enough the allegorical accounts of the Bible stand up pretty well. For instance, the account of the Tower of Babel is an allegorical account of the great migration from the Cradle of Civilization (i.e. Mesopotamia). In fact, this allegorical account explains how the account of Genesis ended being used as symbols in the written Chinese language 4500 years ago. 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

Right wing Republicans will have to answer to Jesus for the awful and Satanic things they've done to the sick and the poor. There will be a reckoning. They have have gotten away with it up until now, but their day is coming.
Agreed. Of course, that applies to all evil people regardless of political ideology. :D

More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

I think it was a natural occurrence. Nature is an amazing thing.

Matter cannot be created or destroyed.....meaning it always existed
The elements in the periodic table have always been the same
The basic building blocks of the universe

So the universe wasn't created, it's just always been?

I just don't feel the need to make up a god in the sky to explain things I don't understand.

If you look at the evolution of religion in humans you'll find that we used to have gods for everything we didn't understand.
As we came to understand these natural phenomena we discarded the gods thought to be responsible

Now we have one God for the two basic questions we as yet have answers for.

How was the universe brought into being and what happens after we die.

The latter being naught but the fear of death all sentient beings have

Something beyond our universe had to give it that initial push, or so I believe. It had a beginning. What got it started? I believe we have a creator. If there is no creator, then I suppose we're left to believe that everything made itself. That doesn't jive.
We exist in a universe where there has never been an uncaused event. Which means that everything happened for a reason. Otherwise known as cause and effect. Everything has unfolded per the laws of nature. Laws which existed before space and time. Laws which controlled the creation of space and time. The potential for beings that know and create existed before space and time because the laws existed before space and time. Everything has unfolded by following rules (i.e. laws of nature). It does not take a leap in logic to know that intelligence is behind rules. And in this case the product of these rules is intelligence. It is the nature of intelligence to create intelligence. So rather than being a late outgrowth of the universe, intelligence has always existed and is the source of the universe.

When have I done this? YOu are delusional.

You're a fucking liar.
What part of the Bible is that from?

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.
More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

Just to clarify- the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution are essentially unrelated.

Even if the Big Bang Theory is incorrect, it doesn't change the theory of evolution.

And neither theories explain the origin of life on earth.
Correct about Big Bang and Evolution. The Big Bang has been proved through weight of evidence.

What is unknown is the cause of the Big Bang and whether or not there is anything outside of our own universe.

I think it was a natural occurrence. Nature is an amazing thing.

I just don't feel the need to make up a god in the sky to explain things I don't understand.

If you look at the evolution of religion in humans you'll find that we used to have gods for everything we didn't understand.
As we came to understand these natural phenomena we discarded the gods thought to be responsible

Something beyond our universe had to give it that initial push, or so I believe. It had a beginning. What got it started? I believe we have a creator. If there is no creator, then I suppose we're left to believe that everything made itself. That doesn't jive.
intelligence has always existed and is the source of the universe.

Now you just need some evidence to support that 'theory'

So far none does.

So far none does.
Can I use something you created as evidence?

If there was a 'creator'- who created the creator?

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and never changing.

And what created the something which is eternal?
You are trying to apply rules of the Natural Universe to something outside of it. Do the laws of time and space apply outside the Universe? When did time begin? Space? All at the Big Bang. If time and space are predicated upon the Big Bang and only exist within the Natural Universe, then it is illogical to automatically apply those rules to anything beyond our Universe.

Did Gods place the bacteria on Mars that have been found too? Or did it just appear there naturally? Diamonds are created out of coal, all natural processes. No Gods are involved. I'm sure at one time people probably thought that Gods created diamonds.

Education has likely worked against religion: all these fantastic stories of arks and whales and burning bushes and miracles sold much better to the uneducated.
Surprisingly enough the allegorical accounts of the Bible stand up pretty well. For instance, the account of the Tower of Babel is an allegorical account of the great migration from the Cradle of Civilization (i.e. Mesopotamia). In fact, this allegorical account explains how the account of Genesis ended being used as symbols in the written Chinese language 4500 years ago. 1500 years before Moses recorded it.

Oh allegories are a wonderful thing- easily bendable to whatever the person wants to see

So far none does.
Can I use something you created as evidence?

Use whatever 'evidence' that you believe supports the theory that intelligence has always existed and is the source of the universe.

If there was a 'creator'- who created the creator?

The only solution to the first cause is something which is eternal and never changing.

And what created the something which is eternal?
You are trying to apply rules of the Natural Universe to something outside of it. Do the laws of time and space apply outside the Universe? When did time begin? Space? All at the Big Bang. If time and space are predicated upon the Big Bang and only exist within the Natural Universe, then it is illogical to automatically apply those rules to anything beyond our Universe.
No. I don't think I am. Inflation theory tells us what happens in a closed universe between the time of the vacuum and the initial expansion and cooling of space and time. Space and time were created when all the matter and energy that we see was created though a quantum tunneling event and occupied the space of 1 billionth of 1 trillionth the size of an atom. It did so following the laws of quantum mechanics and the conservation of mass and energy.

You're a fucking liar.

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.

Just to clarify- the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution are essentially unrelated.

Even if the Big Bang Theory is incorrect, it doesn't change the theory of evolution.

Correct about Big Bang and Evolution. The Big Bang has been proved through weight of evidence.

What is unknown is the cause of the Big Bang and whether or not there is anything outside of our own universe.

It just best fits our observations. The flaw there is assuming our observations are not only accurate but complete

Which is why religion has fallen in numbers but spiritual beliefs have not. There is a difference between believing in a spiritual existence and believing in a set of dogmatic beliefs such as not eating hot dogs or fucking your neighbor's wife.

We have a pretty good idea. It's called Inflation Theory. All the matter and energy that we see today was created through a quantum tunneling event which obeyed the laws of conservation.

You do know that a theory is NOT proven fact don't you?
Sure. Let's discuss the limitations of science, ok? Science proves the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al or it disproves the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al. Science is never conclusive because laws, theories, principles, et al are always subject to revision if new data comes along - up to and including refuting the laws, theories, principles, et al. Some people have said that science can't disprove the existence of something. I say to those people, if science can't really disprove the existence of something, then science can't really prove the existence of something either. So, we are left with having to accept that practically speaking, science does prove and disprove the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al or that everything is taken on faith as nothing can really be proven. So for the purposes of this discussion, we will assume the former; that practically speaking science does prove and disprove the existence of laws, theories, principles, et al.

Fair enough?

It just best fits our observations. The flaw there is assuming our observations are not only accurate but complete
What are you observations of before the Big Bang?

Agreed about the difference between accuracy and completeness. It's similar to the maxim "an absence of evidence is not evidence of absence".

Oh allegories are a wonderful thing- easily bendable to whatever the person wants to see
No. They are merely an allegorical description of something. Are you arguing that the universe did not have a beginning? You're going to lose that one. Are you arguing that there was never a migration from the Cradle of Civilization? You'll lose that one too.

Forum List

Back