Is It Wrong to Think Homosexuality is a Sin?

I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.

That's
I think it works the opposite for most people. They outgrow the fear of religion that was pounded into their brains as small children, the fear of gods, all mostly superstitious beliefs from ancient times, IMO.

I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated- just how life as it currently exist came to be.

As an atheist- I don't feel a need to have faith on how life came into being or how the universe came into being- though I find the current scientific theories more plausible- and fitting the known evidence better than any religious creation myths.

So believing that the universe created itself is scientific and believing that a higher power created the universe is a myth. LOL. Ok.

I will repeat what i believe

As an atheist- I don't feel a need to have faith on how life came into being or how the universe came into being- though I find the current scientific theories more plausible- and fitting the known evidence better than any religious creation myths.

If you think that your creation myth better fits the known evidence for the creation of the universe- I really don't care.

And you see? This is a perfect example of what I said earlier about trying to have a discussion about religion or your own views about religion with a religious person. They are OUT of control, mean, rude, and totally devoid of adding much to their argument. Some great debate tactic. This is why many younger generations of people are moving away from religion. They can see the hypocrisy as easy as anyone else. :rolleyes:

Cry some more. You were making below-the-belt remarks about believers before I ever confronted you for your mindless, idiotic beliefs. That's typical of libtards like you. You dish it out and when it gets returned in kind, you turn into a whiny ****.

LOL- your posts have been largely insult ridden tirades- while Chris has been posting pretty much insult free.

Chris has challenged you to present your own beliefs- are you going to?

Of course it explains everything that came into being, from the Big Bang theory to how human beings evolved. Didn't you learn any of these things in school?

You're a liar and a coward.

How so? I've asked you several times now to explain your theory about how the universe and human beings, etc., were created, but all you've done is call me stupid, a liar and a coward. Why all the name calling? Do you claim to be a good representation of your religion? Now, I'm still waiting for your own explanation about how the world came to be since you seem to say that those of us who believe in evolution are "stupid" "cowards" and "liars."

You've hurled countless insults at believers and when questioned you dishonestly claimed that evolution explains how the universe came into existence and, when called on it, you didn't want to talk about it. If you can laugh at others for believing that a super-intellect created the universe, then I can laugh at you for believing that the universe created itself.

When have I done this? YOu are delusional.

You're a fucking liar.

Just to point out- once again- you are the one insulting and using foul language here.

And you haven't provided a single example to prove your point.

At this point you are guilty of bearing false witness- something the Bible frown upon.

That's
I take it you're one of those scientific types that believes the universe created itself and that life just magically appeared out of nowhere. Am I right?

I'm not really a "scientific" type. No. I do believe in evolution though, yes. There are mountains of evidence to support evolution.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated, let alone the universe. It's easier for you to believe that the universe created itself than it is to believe it was created by a super-intellect, right? You're smug with arrogance yet you have as much or as little proof as anyone else as to how the universe and life came to be. Step back; you're not that smart.

Evolution doesn't explain how life originated- just how life as it currently exist came to be.

So believing that the universe created itself is scientific and believing that a higher power created the universe is a myth. LOL. Ok.

If you think that your creation myth better fits the known evidence for the creation of the universe- I really don't care.
And you see? This is a perfect example of what I said earlier about trying to have a discussion about religion or your own views about religion with a religious person. They are OUT of control, mean, rude, and totally devoid of adding much to their argument. Some great debate tactic. This is why many younger generations of people are moving away from religion. They can see the hypocrisy as easy as anyone else. :rolleyes:

Cry some more. You were making below-the-belt remarks about believers before I ever confronted you for your mindless, idiotic beliefs. That's typical of libtards like you. You dish it out and when it gets returned in kind, you turn into a whiny ****.

LOL- your posts have been largely insult ridden tirades- while Chris has been posting pretty much insult free.

I put that dingbat on "ignore". I should probably put your hateful dumbass on there too.

You're a liar and a coward.

How so? I've asked you several times now to explain your theory about how the universe and human beings, etc., were created, but all you've done is call me stupid, a liar and a coward. Why all the name calling? Do you claim to be a good representation of your religion? Now, I'm still waiting for your own explanation about how the world came to be since you seem to say that those of us who believe in evolution are "stupid" "cowards" and "liars."

You've hurled countless insults at believers and when questioned you dishonestly claimed that evolution explains how the universe came into existence and, when called on it, you didn't want to talk about it. If you can laugh at others for believing that a super-intellect created the universe, then I can laugh at you for believing that the universe created itself.

You're a fucking liar.

Just to point out- once again- you are the one insulting and using foul language here.

At this point you are guilty of bearing false witness- something the Bible frown upon.

And you're guilty of being a sniveling little twat.

You're a fucking liar.
What part of the Bible is that from?

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.
More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

Just to clarify- the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution are essentially unrelated.

Even if the Big Bang Theory is incorrect, it doesn't change the theory of evolution.

And neither theories explain the origin of life on earth.

I put that dingbat on "ignore". I should probably put your hateful dumbass on there too.

Not a surprise- cowards and liars like you tend to run away by putting people on ignore

upload_2017-8-29_10-47-38.jpeg

Put me on ignore- it will just make it more fun to point out what an ass you are.

You're a fucking liar.

She said that evolution explains how the universe came into existence. That is a lie.
More of a misunderstanding. That still doesn't explain why a self-avowed Christian would spread hate and call someone a fucking liar.

As for Evolution: An all powerful God can certainly cause the Big Bang almost 14 Billion years ago and know what fruit it would bear.

Just to clarify- the Big Bang Theory and the Theory of Evolution are essentially unrelated.

Even if the Big Bang Theory is incorrect, it doesn't change the theory of evolution.

Your lying twat friend said evolution created the universe. Do you want to make that argument you little twat?

Right wing Republicans will have to answer to Jesus for the awful and Satanic things they've done to the sick and the poor. There will be a reckoning. They have have gotten away with it up until now, but their day is coming.

You're a fucking liar.

And you're guilty of being a sniveling little twat.

Wow- such a good Christian you are.

Oh wait- you probably wont' read this because you will run away like the little coward you are.

Not a surprise- cowards and liars like you tend to run away by putting people on ignore

View attachment 146584

Put me on ignore- it will just make it more fun to point out what an ass you are.

I will. The reader knows you're a fucking idiot. Good riddance asshole.

You're a fucking liar.

Your lying twat friend said evolution created the universe. Do you want to make that argument you little twat?

Sigh.

I don't have any 'twat friend'- frankly only a real asshole would call any woman a 'twat'

I haven't seen any evidence that Chris lied about anything- though I have seen you lie repeatedly- but I am pointing out to Chris and others that the theory of evolution and the Big Bang Theory are unrelated.

View attachment 146584

Run away like the good little cowardly Christian you are.

Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

Well, you find me someone who thinks gay marriage is bad and will protest against this, and will do the same for divorcees too. I'm sure they're out there.

Also, adulterers don't have their own flag and run around announcing it

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

But then you have a problem with people who try and gain an identity huh?

There was a time when adulterers- heck even divorced people were treated badly by society.

Now we elect them as President.

Trump certainly doesn't have the moral fiber of the Clintons.

Well who is the better Christian- Trump or Bill Clinton?

Both are adulterers.

The difference is that Bill Clinton stayed married to his wife- while Trump committed adultery at least once- and then divorced and remarried twice.

Actually the worst thing is this.

The Bible says things about Homosexuality, and this means that homosexuals shouldn't be considered first class citizens.

The Bible also says things about divorce and many other things, yet the religious people seem to ignore this.
Everyone does not ignore this --- though I'm sure homosexuals do.

President Trump
Adulterer.
Married and divorced twice.

Your dear leader ignored this- and you voted for him.

And the alternative was Hillary "The Abortionist" Clinton who should have been indicted but skated under Barry and who had been selling out the country for years. Trump was a no-brainer choice.

So you elected Donald "The Abortionist" Trump- who has been selling out the United States for years.

Trump was certainly a no-brainer for those with no brains.

Has Slick Willie given any more $500K speeches lately and, if not, why not?

Don't know- don't care- any more than I care about the million dollar speeches Trump gave.

Why do you care if someone else is homosexual?

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.
They should be criticized for it.

After all doesn't the bible have a saying judge not lest ye be judged?

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

they don't dislike gay people, they feel the lifestyle is counter productive to Godly living and a healthy community. their opinion.... which they have a right to

Well not all of them dislike gay people- but reading the posters here at USMB it is quite clear that a sizable portion despise homosexuals.
You always appear so confused. You do not seem to know the difference between rejection of someone who has determined to put themselves into that situation and hatred. The two words are very different.

I am not confused.

There are tons of posters here at USMB who have posted their hatred of people because they are gay- hell Tipsy has even applauded ISIS for killing gay people.

Also, adulterers don't have their own flag and run around announcing it

So what? Also adulterers don't get treated badly by society, treated like second class citizens, and also adulterers weren't born as adulterers. They had a choice.

But then you have a problem with people who try and gain an identity huh?

There was a time when adulterers- heck even divorced people were treated badly by society.

Now we elect them as President.

Well, a faithful spouse doesn't necessarily mean a person will be good at the job either. Faithfulness is a requirement of marriage and perhaps even friendship but not of politicians, I suppose.

I agree frankly- I don't care that Trump is an adulterer, or has been married three times.

I do find it rather hypocritical of anyone who opposes gay marriage and also voted for Trump though- since Jesus is very clear in the Bible on adultery and divorce and remarriage.

Was it hypocritical for believers to vote for Hillary?

Not regarding adultery. Since Hillary Clinton has not committed adultery- or divorced and remarried.

I don't. But I care that people who believe in a religion that believes it is sinful and destructive are chastised or criticized for it.
They should be criticized for it.

After all doesn't the bible have a saying judge not lest ye be judged?

Or how about the age old wisdom of do unto others.... If people criticize and discriminate others shouldn't they themselves be criticized and discriminated against?

they don't dislike gay people, they feel the lifestyle is counter productive to Godly living and a healthy community. their opinion.... which they have a right to

Well not all of them dislike gay people- but reading the posters here at USMB it is quite clear that a sizable portion despise homosexuals.
You always appear so confused. You do not seem to know the difference between rejection of someone who has determined to put themselves into that situation and hatred. The two words are very different.

I am not confused.

There are tons of posters here at USMB who have posted their hatred of people because they are gay- hell Tipsy has even applauded ISIS for killing gay people.
You've cited one poster but the fact remains you are still confused; your own postings throughout are a testament to that fact.

Well, the thing is that you don't have to approve of another person's life unless they are harming others by whatever it is they are doing. Gay people are just people like anyone else and just want to have the same rights and privileges as anyone else. I will agree that sometimes they go too far with their agenda, but I know a couple of gay people and they are just regular people.

View attachment 146584

Run away like the good little cowardly Christian you are.

Gawd, what a jerk wad. Lol. I think real religious people would disown this freak of nature. ;)

Forum List

Back