Is Obama Really Brilliant?

It took me a long time to finally admit to myself that George Bush is a total idiot.

It did not take nearly half as long to see that Obama is also an idiot.

He might know his way around a college classroom, but his practical application of his education utterly SUCKS!

George Bush isn't a total idiot. I don't think he is more intelligent than I am, however. That is one of my litmus tests for presidents. They have to be smarter than I am. If not.....no go.

Obama is smarter than I am. He passes that test.
That alone would cause me to re-evaluate my own education level. If obie is more intelligent than you that's a problem since the man is a complete moron.

If intelligence is measured by the ability to consistently make the right life choices and be successful then Obama is a very intelligent man.

"
Claim No. 4: The major premise of Will's piece is that this quote from Obama advisor Valerie Jarrett in David Remnick's book The Bridge: The Life and Rise of Barack Obama...

He knows exactly how smart he is. ... I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. ... He's been bored to death his whole life. He's just too talented to do what ordinary people do. He would never be satisfied with what ordinary people do.

... is "the place to begin understanding the unraveling of his presidency."

Will plays this as anecdotal evidence that Obama is too smug and self-assured to take advice from anyone, which is not a fair inference to take from the Jarrett quote insofar as it's not actually true. He doesn't cite any examples.

(The right-wing press has been trotting this quote out a lot lately -- National Review,American Spectator, American Thinker, Washington Times, etc. -- so Will is likely cribbing lazily from his own nightstand in addition to feeding the meme machine of Obama Is an Aloof Elitist.)

Here's the uncut version from the book, which was published in 2010:

"I think Barack knew that he had God-given talents that were extraordinary. He knows exactly how smart he is. ... He knows how perceptive he is. He knows what a good reader of people he is. And he knows that he has the ability--the extraordinary, uncanny ability -- to take a thousand different perspectives, digest them, and make sense out of them, and I think that he has never really been challenged intellectually. I mean, he's the kind of guy you'd hate in law school, who would pick up his book the night before the final, read it, and ace the test. So what I sensed in him was not just a restless spirit but somebody with such extraordinary talents that they had to be really taxed in order for him to be happy." Jarrett was quite sure that one of the few things that truly engaged him fully before going to the White House was writing Dreams from My Father. "He's been bored to death his whole life," she said. "He's just too talented to do what ordinary people do. He would never be satisfied with what ordinary people do."

Remnick does not say in the notes to The Bridge when Jarrett gave him the quote, but it wasn't recently -- the book was published in April 2010 -- and it wasn't in the context of Obama's presidency. The fairer reading of the quote is that Jarrett saw Obama as ambitious, intelligent, and a good synthesizer of facts, all of which strike me as something most people would want in a president.

I offer this not as a defense of Obama in general or the implementation of the Affordable Care Act in particular but as an illustration that George Will is a lazy, partisan hack and not the analytical intellectual he fashions himself to be."
.George Will Washington s Most Intellectually Dishonest Intellectual Scott Porch

You didn't answer the question franco, you believe all that bile she threw out there?
I don't see bile- or an uppity n*****r either, just a very intelligent guy. Reminds me of me lol...
He reminds me of you too. You both are complete morons.

There has been this running narrative that Obama is some kind of social/political Einstein, a brilliant intellect. Is this really justified? Sure, he is intelligent. But "brilliant"? This is what we know:

Law Professor: A lot is made of this. However, was he a law professor? Technically, he was an adjunct professor. In other words, he was not a full time professor. Every adjunct I have ever encountered has had a job and only taught part time in the area of his/her expertise. We know that Obama had no expertise. As far as I can tell he never practiced law. Constitutional law is generally taught to first year law students. So, basically, OBAMA taught a general introductory class to first year law students. Big deal. Most lawyers could teach this class. As far as I can tell he never authored any scholarly works, either during his time as an adjunct or when he was on law review. Who in the hell would go to law school and then hang around to teach a first year law class. It sounds to me like OBAMA was just pretty fucking lazy and/or could not find a job. Or, was this part of his "grooming"?

The ACA, aka "Obamacare": Was this really an act of brilliance? First, it will only work if enough young, employed people enroll. It sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Next, it obviously hurts the working class and employers. Why do such a thing in a troubled economy. Let's also not forget the under-handed manner in which it was enacted by a Lame-duck Congress dismissed in the 2010 midterms. Was that smart? To shove a huge piece of legislation through and then sign it without bi-partisan support, thereby harming its legitimacy? Then there was the idiotic clusterfuck of the roll-out. Was it smart to put incompetent people in charge of the roll-out with little or no oversight of the process? I have seen nothing of the ACA that evidences brilliance on Obama's part. Any Chicago street corner politician could have constructed this colossal fuck-up.

International Affairs: Obama has pretty much alienated our allies and empowered out enemies and would-be adversaries. When France is your most staunch ally you are in pretty bad fucking shape. His attempt to attain credibility with MUSLIMS by being tough on Israel early on was a failure. What he let happen to Hosni Mubarak was nothing less than criminal in light of his decades long friendship with America. Obama empowered the rise of the Brotherhood, and thereby radical Islam, which has turned out bad for the west. He has repeatedly made us look weak with things like the Syrian red line, killing off our missile defense plans with Poland, being an apologist, doing nothing in the face of Russian aggression against Ukraine, negotiating with Iran, and cutting and running from Afghanistan and Iraq. Speaking of Iran, their nuclear weapons program is still going full steam ahead. Peaceful nuclear development? Bullshit. They do not need centrifuges for nuclear power. Yet, they have them. Obama has made us look weak and has directly harmed our national security. Is that a smart thing? It seems like incompetence to me.

Executive Power Overreach: Obama was a constitutional professor? Oh yeah? For what country, because it is not ours. What can his overreaching do other than undermine support for our constitutional system of separation of powers and checks and balances? Is that a smart thing for a president to do? Would a smart President want to run over Congress, I.e,. The People?

Gridlock: Republicans catch a lot of flack for this. However, it cuts both ways. It is accepted that no president in history has ever failed to engage Congress to the degree that Obama has. To get things done the president has to call and meet with Congressional members. Obama does not do this. Is that a smart thing for the chief executive to do?

Military: Obama has fostered a fundamental distrust of our military. He had purged the military of top brass and has repeatedly inserted his ignorant judgment for theirs. Is it smart for a president to encourage distrust of our military and to ignore their advice on matters involving the use of military force?

I can go on and on with this. But why bother? We all know this. Obama has repeatedly failed to execute good judgment ever since he took office. He may be an intelligent man, but he is not a smart leader. Further, I have seen nothing to indicate brilliance on his part on any matter. All I have seen is typical leftist ideological bullshit. However, ideology does not lead. A man has to lead. Obama has failed in his leadership role again and again. Would a smart president do this?

So, is Obama really a brilliant man who has blessed us with his uncanny intellect? Of course not. He is another shitty Chicago politician who lacks character and succeeds due to his opportunist nature. In short, he is merely a bullshit artist who got lucky because the powers that be financed and pushed his presidency. If the truth be known, OBAMA is unfit to serve as an elected member of a school board. But at least there he would not have fucked up some many things, some of which involve the fundamental components of our nation. What a disgrace.

Thank you for posting the usual laundry list from FOX News.

There has been this running narrative that Obama is some kind of social/political Einstein, a brilliant intellect. Is this really justified? Sure, he is intelligent. But "brilliant"? This is what we know:

Law Professor: A lot is made of this. However, was he a law professor? Technically, he was an adjunct professor. In other words, he was not a full time professor. Every adjunct I have ever encountered has had a job and only taught part time in the area of his/her expertise. We know that Obama had no expertise. As far as I can tell he never practiced law. Constitutional law is generally taught to first year law students. So, basically, OBAMA taught a general introductory class to first year law students. Big deal. Most lawyers could teach this class. As far as I can tell he never authored any scholarly works, either during his time as an adjunct or when he was on law review. Who in the hell would go to law school and then hang around to teach a first year law class. It sounds to me like OBAMA was just pretty fucking lazy and/or could not find a job. Or, was this part of his "grooming"?

The ACA, aka "Obamacare": Was this really an act of brilliance? First, it will only work if enough young, employed people enroll. It sounds like a pyramid scheme to me. Next, it obviously hurts the working class and employers. Why do such a thing in a troubled economy. Let's also not forget the under-handed manner in which it was enacted by a Lame-duck Congress dismissed in the 2010 midterms. Was that smart? To shove a huge piece of legislation through and then sign it without bi-partisan support, thereby harming its legitimacy? Then there was the idiotic clusterfuck of the roll-out. Was it smart to put incompetent people in charge of the roll-out with little or no oversight of the process? I have seen nothing of the ACA that evidences brilliance on Obama's part. Any Chicago street corner politician could have constructed this colossal fuck-up.

International Affairs: Obama has pretty much alienated our allies and empowered out enemies and would-be adversaries. When France is your most staunch ally you are in pretty bad fucking shape. His attempt to attain credibility with MUSLIMS by being tough on Israel early on was a failure. What he let happen to Hosni Mubarak was nothing less than criminal in light of his decades long friendship with America. Obama empowered the rise of the Brotherhood, and thereby radical Islam, which has turned out bad for the west. He has repeatedly made us look weak with things like the Syrian red line, killing off our missile defense plans with Poland, being an apologist, doing nothing in the face of Russian aggression against Ukraine, negotiating with Iran, and cutting and running from Afghanistan and Iraq. Speaking of Iran, their nuclear weapons program is still going full steam ahead. Peaceful nuclear development? Bullshit. They do not need centrifuges for nuclear power. Yet, they have them. Obama has made us look weak and has directly harmed our national security. Is that a smart thing? It seems like incompetence to me.

Executive Power Overreach: Obama was a constitutional professor? Oh yeah? For what country, because it is not ours. What can his overreaching do other than undermine support for our constitutional system of separation of powers and checks and balances? Is that a smart thing for a president to do? Would a smart President want to run over Congress, I.e,. The People?

Gridlock: Republicans catch a lot of flack for this. However, it cuts both ways. It is accepted that no president in history has ever failed to engage Congress to the degree that Obama has. To get things done the president has to call and meet with Congressional members. Obama does not do this. Is that a smart thing for the chief executive to do?

Military: Obama has fostered a fundamental distrust of our military. He had purged the military of top brass and has repeatedly inserted his ignorant judgment for theirs. Is it smart for a president to encourage distrust of our military and to ignore their advice on matters involving the use of military force?

I can go on and on with this. But why bother? We all know this. Obama has repeatedly failed to execute good judgment ever since he took office. He may be an intelligent man, but he is not a smart leader. Further, I have seen nothing to indicate brilliance on his part on any matter. All I have seen is typical leftist ideological bullshit. However, ideology does not lead. A man has to lead. Obama has failed in his leadership role again and again. Would a smart president do this?

So, is Obama really a brilliant man who has blessed us with his uncanny intellect? Of course not. He is another shitty Chicago politician who lacks character and succeeds due to his opportunist nature. In short, he is merely a bullshit artist who got lucky because the powers that be financed and pushed his presidency. If the truth be known, OBAMA is unfit to serve as an elected member of a school board. But at least there he would not have fucked up some many things, some of which involve the fundamental components of our nation. What a disgrace.

So you have nothing to prove him wrong. You sure as hell don't have actions and results to point to. What else you got?

So you have nothing to prove him wrong. You sure as hell don't have actions and results to point to. What else you got?

Uh, I think I pointed to numerous actions and results. Put down your fucking crack pipe and at least act like you have a smidgen of a brain in that empty head of yours. Just what in the hell are you even attempting to prove by posting such non-substantive bullshit? That you are a vapid little dip shit who is only here because your mother made the terrible miscalculation to spend her $200 on narcotics rather than an abortion?

Uh, I think I pointed to numerous actions and results. Put down your fucking crack pipe and at least act like you have a smidgen of a brain in that empty head of yours. Just what in the hell are you even attempting to prove by posting such non-substantive bullshit? That you are a vapid little dip shit who is only here because your mother made the terrible miscalculation to spend her $200 on narcotics rather than an abortion?

Isn't it time for you to watch FOX News so you can find out what your opinion is today.

Prove what wrong? A mindless scree of generic characterizations?

Presidunce Obola, is far from brilliant, intelligent.., questionable ? smart ?

but i believe he is smart manipulator,i.e.
A little fucking liar who tries to make friends by tricking people into hating each other, and makes people believe his/her story to make people hate another *
taken from the Urban Dictionary.

i believe he is a very dangerous person who hell bent on destroying America e.g., "fundamentally change America." :up:

Isn't it time for you to watch FOX News so you can find out what your opinion is today.

Oh, that was clever. You are a clever one, aren't you? You must also be pretty smart since, like OBAMA, you can just dismiss something by invoking Fox News, regardless of the actual content of what is said.

Benghazi - a Fox News "phony" scandal

The IRS targeting of conservative groups - another Fox News scandal, right? Not even a smidgen of corruption

The Mexican gun walking scandal - Fox News just harped on that and kept fanning the flames

Obamacare is driving up healthcare costs and insurance premiums, causing people to lose their insurance, and causing increased overhead expenses for business, along with a long list of other complaints, like how it was ramrodded through by a lame-duck Congress following a historical defeat for Dems and a popular mandate against the law - no, nothing to see here...move along now

Obama pouring, idiotically, money into green energy start-ups that go bankrupt (like Solyndra, anyone remember that?). Then there is the fact that tons of the subsides and federally guaranteed loans to these idiotic companies were then given to the DNC as political contributions as if this was some kind of money laundering scheme. - again, nothing to see here, Fox News is just stirring up shit again, right?

No, you are right. Fox just concocted all of this stuff, and more. Plus, we are all just too dumb to do anything but parrot what Fox News tells us. That is about the long and short of it then, right?

Please tell me that you do not really believe that your opposition is so simple. I truly wish for you to de-bunk my assumption that Dems are gullible simpletons. However, if you conclude that what I say is easily dismissed by invoking Fox News, then I am compelled to conclude that you are ignorant shit stains.

You are inconsequential. You bring great shame down upon yourself, your family and your country. If you have any character you would fall on your sword. Just imagine if the Dems actually possessed character and felt shame. A mass hari Kari of Dems would cause a major increase in our collective IQ. What a wonderful thing that would be.

Bush was a gentleman C legacy....and is still a pleasant, out of touch, idiot. Me?- Hotchkiss, Hobart, Rochester, Sorbonne junior year. 1442 SAT out of 1600, 145 IQ in 6th grade. King of the underachievers. The best teacher in Nichols 8th grade told me not to work so hard lol...I didn't.
BFS lying dupe. The content of your posts prove that.

Oh, that was clever. You are a clever one, aren't you? You must also be pretty smart since, like OBAMA, you can just dismiss something by invoking Fox News, regardless of the actual content of what is said.

The IRS targeting of conservative groups - another Fox News scandal, right? Not even a smidgen of corruption

The Mexican gun walking scandal - Fox News just harped on that and kept fanning the flames

Obamacare is driving up healthcare costs and insurance premiums, causing people to lose their insurance, and causing increased overhead expenses for business, along with a long list of other complaints, like how it was ramrodded through by a lame-duck Congress following a historical defeat for Dems and a popular mandate against the law - no, nothing to see here...move along now

Obama pouring, idiotically, money into green energy start-ups that go bankrupt (like Solyndra, anyone remember that?). Then there is the fact that tons of the subsides and federally guaranteed loans to these idiotic companies were then given to the DNC as political contributions as if this was some kind of money laundering scheme. - again, nothing to see here, Fox News is just stirring up shit again, right?

No, you are right. Fox just concocted all of this stuff, and more. Plus, we are all just too dumb to do anything but parrot what Fox News tells us. That is about the long and short of it then, right?

Please tell me that you do not really believe that your opposition is so simple. I truly wish for you to de-bunk my assumption that Dems are gullible simpletons. However, if you conclude that what I say is easily dismissed by invoking Fox News, then I am compelled to conclude that you are ignorant shit stains.

You are inconsequential. You bring great shame down upon yourself, your family and your country. If you have any character you would fall on your sword. Just imagine if the Dems actually possessed character and felt shame. A mass hari Kari of Dems would cause a major increase in our collective IQ. What a wonderful thing that would be.

I'm sorry you're so sensitive about FOX News, your primary source of information. Did you know that studies show that regular FOX News viewers are less well informed than people who never watch any TV news at all?

I'm sorry you're so sensitive about FOX News, your primary source of information. Did you know that studies show that regular FOX News viewers are less well informed than people who never watch any TV news at all?

Do you post just to see yourself post this dumb crap? Obsessed over some stupid news station

Forum List

Back