Is simply being required to read something a violation of religious beliefs?

Like the smarts Obama has shown us. Lol, no thanks I learned more in middle school, than Obama learned in his entire college career. Which if it wasn't for affirmative action, it wouldn't of happened. Thanks to us white working folk.
Right. He got into Harvard Law School on affirmative action, was elected to the Law Review and became its editor and then graduated with honors because of affirmative action. The reason you did not get into college was not affirmative action, it was because you are a fucking moron.
If he did good in college, he would be bragging about it. He has paid millions to keep them records sealed. Also if he was so great, why isn't there anyone out talking about how great he was. Truth is he was a druggie that used affirmative action to get his degrees. If he wasn't black he wouldn't be president. That's the only reason he got elected. Jimmy Carter loves Obama!

jknowgood

No stupid, he didn't.

And its "If he did WELL ...".

If you had any education yourself, you would know that.
If it wasn't for affirmative action he would be on welfare.
It is really sad how fucking stupid you are? Is that genetic or something you worked really hard to perfect? Tell us where you got your degrees.
I'm stupid? I am not the one that supports a failure, no matter what he does. I take it that you are a Hillary supporter?

College Students Refuse To Read Award-Winning Novel Because It Violates Their Christian Beliefs

I get that Christians do not approve of homosexuality and that it goes against their religious beliefs. But is reading a book based on a true story of a girl realizing she is gay and finding out her father (who committed suicide) was gay?

I am not a buddhist, taoist, or racist, but I have read books on all of those (from their point of view).
I look at all the books I've been made to read in school..

To Kill A Mockingbird
Catcher In The Rye
The Grapes Of Wrath
Julie Of The Wolves
Black Boy
A Tale Of Two Cities
My Brother Sam Is Dead
Of Mice And Men
Where The Red Fern Grows

Communists, multiculturalists, and other Left wing degenerates wrote these books. (Except Harper Lee). Some had valuable lessons, others, like Steinback's books, I reject entirely.

The point is, if indoctrination were the intent, it sure failed with me. Kids are natural rebels and that's a good thing. I remember well how I dug in my heels and defied what the communist leftist public school system was teaching me. You might even say I was radicalized by it and I decided long ago (age 11) to spend my life fighting Leftists.

So I say bring it on! The more you try to pound into kids' skulls that faggotry is the next civil rights issue, the more they will resist you.
You are following what you believed at 11. This explains a lot.

If he did good in college, he would be bragging about it. He has paid millions to keep them records sealed. Also if he was so great, why isn't there anyone out talking about how great he was. Truth is he was a druggie that used affirmative action to get his degrees. If he wasn't black he wouldn't be president. That's the only reason he got elected. Jimmy Carter loves Obama!

jknowgood

No stupid, he didn't.

It is really sad how fucking stupid you are? Is that genetic or something you worked really hard to perfect? Tell us where you got your degrees.
I'm stupid? I am not the one that supports a failure, no matter what he does. I take it that you are a Hillary supporter?
Yes, you are stupid. You have made the most ridiculous claims about the President. It is actually possible to disagree with his policies without making up lies about him. He is a very intelligent man. There are plenty of Republicans who are also intelligent men or women but who advocate policies I vehemently disagree with. I don't find it necessary, however, to claim that they have faked their educational background without any proof that they did. This President graduated from two the best educational institutions in the nation. At both, his professors and fellow students recognized that he was an exceptional student. He wrote two books. That is probably more than you have read. He was elected to the State Senate, the US Senate and the Presidency. Had he lost any of those elections, he would probably be a wealth attorney or a Federal Judge. I wonder how much of an utter failure you are to cause you to lie about your betters like this.
Like I said show me the proof that he was a great student. Take him off the teleprompter, and he becomes a disaster.

jknowgood

No stupid, he didn't.

Yes, you are stupid. You have made the most ridiculous claims about the President. It is actually possible to disagree with his policies without making up lies about him. He is a very intelligent man. There are plenty of Republicans who are also intelligent men or women but who advocate policies I vehemently disagree with. I don't find it necessary, however, to claim that they have faked their educational background without any proof that they did. This President graduated from two the best educational institutions in the nation. At both, his professors and fellow students recognized that he was an exceptional student. He wrote two books. That is probably more than you have read. He was elected to the State Senate, the US Senate and the Presidency. Had he lost any of those elections, he would probably be a wealth attorney or a Federal Judge. I wonder how much of an utter failure you are to cause you to lie about your betters like this.
Like I said show me the proof that he was a great student. Take him off the teleprompter, and he becomes a disaster.
You have been shown that repeatedly. And he is certainly less reliant on what others write for him than his predecessor was or saint Ronnie was.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but why is it so important that we read anything? So what if a person has not read Romeo And Juliet for example? What difference will it make in their life later on one way or another?

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
Good point. Why do we even bother to live? We should all just get it over with as soon as possible.
That is not how it meant what I said. Some things you have to learn in school, yes like math and history, but what difference does it make if you have not read stories like Romeo And Juliet and Hamlet for example? Where does knowing those stories really take a person in the long run?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Last edited:
Really,

As a matter of course, it says to steal ?

It says to kill (to you)....not the history less you think obviates that commandment (which it does not).

So, no. Your claim is garbage.
Glad you used that for an example. It actually excuses stealing.

Proverbs 6:30

Proverbs 6:30 People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

Yes it also says to kill. Curiously it uses the same rationale as the radical muslims do.

Chronicles 15:12-13

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Uhhmmm...

You missed what I said......

You can't conflate specific direction with general doctrine.

But you tried anyway.

Lucky for you there is no condemnation for poor debaters.
No I didnt miss what you said. You must have missed what you said. Those passages tell me specifically that its ok to steal and kill. There is no limitation put on it. No where does it say Asclepias you must not kill or steal.

As you wish.

Go ahead.
Your concession is duly noted. I will alert you when its summarily accepted..

Truthfully, I could care less what you read into it.

If you feel you have permission to kill....be my guest.

It does not take away from the fact that the bible gives all kinds of commandments regarding behavior that we would call noble in today's society.

Glad you used that for an example. It actually excuses stealing.

Proverbs 6:30

Proverbs 6:30 People do not despise a thief if he steals to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.

Yes it also says to kill. Curiously it uses the same rationale as the radical muslims do.

Chronicles 15:12-13

"They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman."

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives."

Uhhmmm...

You missed what I said......

You can't conflate specific direction with general doctrine.

But you tried anyway.

Lucky for you there is no condemnation for poor debaters.
No I didnt miss what you said. You must have missed what you said. Those passages tell me specifically that its ok to steal and kill. There is no limitation put on it. No where does it say Asclepias you must not kill or steal.

As you wish.

Go ahead.

It does not take away from the fact that the bible gives all kinds of commandments regarding behavior that we would call noble in today's society.
Thats what all losers say after their argument is exposed as a fraud.

I never said it took away from anything other than the bibles credibility. You cant say its ok to kill people then later on say its not. Same with stealing.

As you wish.

Go ahead.

I never said it took away from anything other than the bibles credibility. You cant say its ok to kill people then later on say its not. Same with stealing.

What argument ?

You call your claims an argument ?

Don't make me laugh.
Your argument.

I dont make arguments. I conduct soliloquies.

As you wish.

Go ahead.

What argument ?

Don't make me laugh.
Your argument.

Thanks for admitting you don't support your claims.

I'll let you know when you can speak again.

What argument ?

Don't make me laugh.
Your argument.

Thanks for admitting you don't support your claims.

I'll let you know when you can speak again.
No problem. I decided to summarily accept your concession.

Forgive me if this is a dumb question but why is it so important that we read anything? So what if a person has not read Romeo And Juliet for example? What difference will it make in their life later on one way or another?

Holly
Good point. Why do we even bother to live? We should all just get it over with as soon as possible.
That is not how it meant what I said. Some things you have to learn in school, yes like math and history, but what difference does it make if you have not read stories like Romeo And Juliet and Hamlet for example? Where does knowing those stories really take a person in the long run?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
They take them very, very far. In reality great literature is confined to literature classes. No one has to read Romeo and Juliette. They are just better off if they do, as well as other great works.

No one has yet called The Fun House literature, much less great literature. It's a comic book and will never be literature. It is read, not to study the meaning or power of the words, but simply to glorify homosexuality.

^^^ Another reason why I don't see why certain things have to be read is the fact that they are not true. If we have to read anything, it should be something that actually did take place concerning someone or some place. To me, that is more educational since you are reading about something that really did happen.

Holly

Forum List

Back