Is something on the order of 1964's election what we are cruising toward?

By any credible evaluation, Trump is much more bizarre and extreme than Goldwater ever was

The lower the number of EC Votes Trump gets, the larger the chance that we see violent revolution before the 2020 election.
Fuck you, you foolish old man. They will just give you a nice room with soft walls, and a nice nurse to see that you take the pretty pills.

The right side won in each of those two conflicts. And we're stronger than ever now. We also probably won't make the mistake of giving the traitors amnesty after the dust settles.

No, the wrong side won in 1865. In a war that never should have happened for multiple reasons.

Better to be DEAD than to live in the nation Misses Clinton envisions.
Would you like directions to the nearest nice high bridge?

I don't mean literally 1964's election map and results, but rather something akin to the degree of dominance observed in that or other past elections.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1932.svg.png

2000px-ElectoralCollege1968.svg.png

2008.jpg

Just how bad do you think Trump's loss will be?

American spectator sees something in this election reminiscent of 1964--but you can color Arizona & Georgia blue, as Hillary Clinton is leading in both those states.
You Wanted Trump, You’ve Got Him | The American Spectator
Watch out Donald Trump, Arizona Might Just be Going for Hillary Clinton
Poll: Clinton leads Trump in Georgia

These two states are deep RED states. Which indicate much worse than 1964. Utah, considered the most conservative state in the nation is in play now. Bill Clinton was spending time there last week campaigning.

The Clinton campaign has pulled adds in several battleground states--as their internal polling data is showing her with double digit leads, so that money and those adds will be going into red states that are in play.
Clinton campaign pulls ads from Colorado
Clinton pauses ads in Virginia in sign of confidence
Confident Clinton Pulling Ads, as the Trump Train Goes Off the Rails | RedState

Trump is losing states that Mitt Romney won.
Trump is losing all 10 of the states with the closest results in 2012

With this data, and 90 days to go before the election, I believe we may be looking at the first 50 state landslide victory in this Nations history. Of course, Hillary Clinton being the winner.

hillary-clinton-mug_5fea106e0eb494469a75e60d8f2b18ea.nbcnews-fp-320-320.jpeg
That would please George Will. I don't know if the blowout will be that big, but it will be a disaster for the GOP. I still cannot understand how the GOP could allow this to happen. Is there no one that has a sense of what a person is in that party? Anyone that has read newspapers in the last 30 years understands that Trump has neither the intelligence or temperatment to be President.

I don't mean literally 1964's election map and results, but rather something akin to the degree of dominance observed in that or other past elections.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

American spectator sees something in this election reminiscent of 1964--but you can color Arizona & Georgia blue, as Hillary Clinton is leading in both those states.

These two states are deep RED states. Which indicate much worse than 1964. Utah, considered the most conservative state in the nation is in play now. Bill Clinton was spending time there last week campaigning.

The Clinton campaign has pulled adds in several battleground states--as their internal polling data is showing her with double digit leads, so that money and those adds will be going into red states that are in play.

With this data, and 90 days to go before the election, I believe we may be looking at the first 50 state landslide victory in this Nations history. Of course, Hillary Clinton being the winner.

That would please George Will. I don't know if the blowout will be that big, but it will be a disaster for the GOP. I still cannot understand how the GOP could allow this to happen. Is there no one that has a sense of what a person is in that party? Anyone that has read newspapers in the last 30 years understands that Trump has neither the intelligence or temperatment to be President.

The biggest problem for the GOP is none of them has the balls to slap their extremists in the face and tell them to STFU

It only emboldened the base to become more extreme and demand more than can ever be delivered

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

The biggest problem for the GOP is none of them has the balls to slap their extremists in the face and tell them to STFU

It only emboldened the base to become more extreme and demand more than can ever be delivered
They were so desperate for warm bodies to increase their numbers they threw their standards by the wayside and the new mouthbreathers took over like a cancer.

It was entirely foreseeable, avoidable and the fault of the RNC.

The lower the number of EC Votes Trump gets, the larger the chance that we see violent revolution before the 2020 election.
Yeah, there may end up being a few people who decide to throw a bigger temper tantrum than they already are.

Good. The more of these nuts end up in jail the better for the GOP. They'd get thank you cards from Ryan and Priebus, I'd guess.

1964_Electoral_Map.png

2008.jpg

They were so desperate for warm bodies to increase their numbers they threw their standards by the wayside and the new mouthbreathers took over like a cancer.

It was entirely foreseeable, avoidable and the fault of the RNC.
I place the blame on right wing media. They have become more extreme and more demanding and crucify any Republican who dares to stray

Hate our system don't you

I love the system laid out in the Constitution. I abhor the system that has replaced our Constitutional Government over the last 150 years. If it requires revolution to return to a corrected, Constitutional Government, then so be it.
Democracy requires the loser to abide by the majority's decision until next time. It doesn't have to be written into the Constitution; it is understood. You certainly aren't the only one who needs reminding of that lately, though.

Some of these people have been misled to the point where they think that ridding the Republican party of Republicans is a good idea.
Whoever coined the term "RINO" sealed the death of the Republican party

538 as of this morning based on the latest state by state polls.
Clinton 364, Trump 173
tumblr_obwqkhD3zX1r53ehbo1_1280.jpg
That map is getting scary as Hillary will take the entire east coast, the entire west coast and the Great Lakes states

Trump will dominate the flyover states

Republican Donald Trump should win the presidency by a slim margin according to a model that has accurately predicted the popular vote since 1988.

Using several standards to make his prediction, Alan Abramowitz's "Time for Change" model done for the University of Virginia's Center for Politics "Crystal Ball" shows Trump winning 51.4 percent to 48.6 percent for Hillary Clinton.

He added that the model shows a 66 percent chance of a Trump victory.
Always correct election forecast model predicts Trump win, 51%-48%
And from your Link:
Abramowitz is throwing his own model under the bus and suggesting that Clinton will win because Trump is so different from past presidential candidates and has such high unavailability ratings that his election forecast basics can't be trusted.

Clinton 364, Trump 173
That map is getting scary as Hillary will take the entire east coast, the entire west coast and the Great Lakes states

If Trump continues with his insane rhetoric, Hillary will pickup Arizona, South Carolina, and Georgia. And it Trump's behaves in the fall debates as he did in the primary debates, he could loose some of the plain states.

Clinton 364, Trump 173

If Trump continues with his insane rhetoric, Hillary will pickup Arizona, South Carolina, and Georgia. And it Trump's behaves in the fall debates as he did in the primary debates, he could loose some of the plain states.
I am keeping my eye on Texas, I don't care about the rest of the Red States

If Trump does not right the ship, he could lose Texas

Some of these people have been misled to the point where they think that ridding the Republican party of Republicans is a good idea.

Well, I suppose....Then there's the lesson learned (hopefully) that it is indeed a good idea for the Republican party to rid itself of some Republicans. The ones I have in mind don't deserve to belong to any political party...Hell, some of them shouldn't be permitted to join their own neighborhood block party.

This race reminds me closely of 1964

Goldwaters slogan was......In your heart, you know he is right

Democrats responded........In your guts, you know he is nuts

I don't see the GOP using the same slogan, at least not at this point, but the Democrats can certainly "lift, rinse and repeat" theirs from 1964.
I remember the 1964 election

Goldwater was not looked at as just too conservative, his views were looked at as dangerous

Trumps views are much more bizarre than Goldwaters ever were

that one was before my time. but it's not trump's views that are bizarre (since he appears not to have any except for supremacy of old white males) it's him.

I "get" your point, but I also think that the idea that white men are or should be supreme to non white males is quite a bizarre idea.

Me too. But it's what trumps people believe.

Forum List

Back