Is The Right Deaf, Dumb, or Blind?

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
I don't understand this. Every single thing the right bitches about is proven wrong, debunked, or is a flat out lie. Yet when confronted with the truth, they turn their collective heads and repeat the same ol' talking points.

You see it here all the time. Proven wrong? Start another thread.

This is what I mean:

Iraq:

...the GOP’s most prominent voices said the war in Iraq would be easy, brief, and cheap. Sunni and Shia would get along. Weapons of mass destruction would be found. We’d be greeted as liberators. And on and on.

The Republican predictions, of course, turned out to be wrong.

Economy:

..the GOP predicted Clinton’s economic agenda would be a disaster; Bush’s economic agenda would work wonders; and Obama’s Recovery Act would make the Great Recession worse.

These Republican predictions turned out to be wrong, too.

Then, the clincher. The ACA:

Republicans have made all kinds of assurances to the public about what “Obamacare” would do to consumers, the economy, and the health care system itself. Paul Krugman today takes a closer look at the GOP’s track record of successful predictions – or in this case, the lack thereof.

'[R]emember “rate shock”? Last fall, when we got our first information about insurance premiums, conservative health care analysts raced to claim that consumers were facing a huge increase in their expenses. It was obvious, even at the time, that these claims were misleading; we now know that the great majority of Americans buying insurance through the new exchanges are getting coverage quite cheaply.

Or remember claims that young people wouldn’t sign up, so that Obamacare would experience a “death spiral” of surging costs and shrinking enrollment? It’s not happening: a new survey by Gallup finds both that a lot of people have gained insurance through the program and that the age mix of the new enrollees looks pretty good.'

When I saw this elsewhere, I came to the same conclusion the writer did.

If it's not what the right want to hear, they won't hear it. You can spell it out, yell it out, make a video...but if it's not what FOX, Rush, Drudge, Hannity, et al want them to hear they won't listen - they'll stomp their feet, scream, wave their arms in the air, but they'll never, ever admit to being wrong.

Like the alcoholic or sociopath, they refuse to take responsibility for their words.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. Every single thing the right bitches about is proven wrong, debunked, or is a flat out lie. Yet when confronted with the truth, they turn their collective heads and repeat the same ol' talking points.

You see it here all the time. Proven wrong? Start another thread there, [MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION], [MENTION=37219]QuantumWindbag,[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION], et al.

This is what I mean:

Iraq:

...the GOP’s most prominent voices said the war in Iraq would be easy, brief, and cheap. Sunni and Shia would get along. Weapons of mass destruction would be found. We’d be greeted as liberators. And on and on.

Economy:

..the GOP predicted Clinton’s economic agenda would be a disaster; Bush’s economic agenda would work wonders; and Obama’s Recovery Act would make the Great Recession worse.

Republicans have made all kinds of assurances to the public about what “Obamacare” would do to consumers, the economy, and the health care system itself. Paul Krugman today takes a closer look at the GOP’s track record of successful predictions – or in this case, the lack thereof.

'[R]emember “rate shock”? Last fall, when we got our first information about insurance premiums, conservative health care analysts raced to claim that consumers were facing a huge increase in their expenses. It was obvious, even at the time, that these claims were misleading; we now know that the great majority of Americans buying insurance through the new exchanges are getting coverage quite cheaply.

Or remember claims that young people wouldn’t sign up, so that Obamacare would experience a “death spiral” of surging costs and shrinking enrollment? It’s not happening: a new survey by Gallup finds both that a lot of people have gained insurance through the program and that the age mix of the new enrollees looks pretty good.'

If it's not what the right want to hear, they won't hear it. You can spell it out, yell it out, make a video...but if it's not what FOX, Rush, Drudge, Hannity, et al want them to hear they won't listen - they'll stomp their feet, scream, wave their arms in the air, but they'll never, ever admit to being wrong.

Like the alcoholic or sociopath, they refuse to take responsibility for their words.

Can you explain to me why the Keystone XL pipeline is not yet built?

You see it here all the time. Proven wrong? Start another thread there, [MENTION=27958]LadyGunSlinger[/MENTION], [MENTION=37219]QuantumWindbag,[/MENTION] [MENTION=1528]Yurt[/MENTION], et al.

This is what I mean:

Iraq:

Economy:

Paul Krugman's record of being right is pretty close to zero.

there should be limit on how much a troll can troll this board with BS

since how likes to complain about rules being broken, his thread clearly breaks the rules for this forum:

Baiting and polarizing OP's (Opening Posts), and thread titles risk the thread either being moved or trashed.

not only is the OP polarizing, he specifically baited 3 posters in his OP

howey is a lying hypocrite troll

The right is not blind, they just wear blinders,
they are not deaf, they just listen badly,
they are not dumb, wait, they are dumb.

Keep telling yourself that.

Meanwhile, the rest of us will live in reality.

Yep,
Here's some reality he MISSED.. when he say's everything has been debunked
That's why IRS hearing are still going on
man they will spin anything to protect their party and Dear Wonderful Master

Forum List

Back