Zone1 is the Vatican in the bible?

Catholic Baptism
Baptism is a Sacrament of Initiation. The Fall of Man that began with Adam and Eve effected all of humanity. Cain walked one way...Nephilim...(Hebrew etymology, the fallen). Seth was more like the image of Adam who was made in the image of God. From Seth's line came those who walked with God, notably Noah, Enoch, Levi. Next we come to Jesus who taught/showed us the way. Now, not all of humanity from either line is all good or all bad. Both inherited a brokenness of humanity.

Part of Catholic Baptism is to reject reject the serpent/satan and all his works, and to walk with God today--in this world--in the way Christ taught. With our baptism also comes the remission of sins, or Christ promise that sins are forgiven.

With Baptism we are initiated into the membership of the Body of Christ, where all are welcome. We do not leave our children on the outside. From the very beginning we teach them to walk with God. It is how we live this life because this life is the beginning of our eternal life with God.

answer Armagiddo
John 16:16

In Revelation Jesus says it will be soon within a generation..

How did you confound scripture with the book of Nephi, Cyrus Schofield and Hal Lindsey?

The foreign garrisons that fought under Vespasian and Titus assembled at Megiddo in 67 AD.

Jesus said "There is none good but God"

So why are humans always looking @ other humans to guide them on the narrow pathway to heaven?

They rely on such people as Joel Olsteen. Who but God knows how sincere that guy is? But I tend to think he is a big heretic. I know he's wrong about one thing: he's not in the Church Christ founded. So we know he's a heretic.

It is BEYOND ironic that protestants are incessantly criticizing the Catholic Church by saying that Catholics follow the pope, yet THEY follow...

Olsteen... Jim Baker..

and speaking of Jim.. How about that Jim Jones? Look what listening to mere humans gets us?

Luther is the father of Protestantism. Hurray. He is likely burning in Hell for dividing the One Church. And again, protestants follow HIM rather than Jesus... then turn around and criticize Catholics for "following" the pope. Well, for one thing, no real Catholic follows Francis.

But when real popes were in the Vatican, they were trustworthy and did not teach heresy.

I know something of Church history and recall a time hundreds of years ago when a pope was getting ready to teach some heretical thing or another. The cardinals and / or bishops warned him he was about to teach something heretical but he wouldn't listen. Well, the Grim Reaper stepped in and the guy died.

Jesus said that the gates of Hell would not prevail over His Church, and that is what He meant.

"Behold, I am with you always, even until the end.." Mt 28:20
Where in the Bible does Jesus or one of his apostles say that while Jesus is gone a Pope will elected by Cardinals to lead the Church and he will be infallible.

Note: I consider myself to be a Protestant. I personally do not feel I am going to Hell because I am not Catholic nor do I believe Catholics are going to Hell. The Catholic Church adds rules but as long as an individual meets the basic requirements he should be allowed into heaven.

The infant baptism welcomes the child into the catholic family and promises to educate them in the church.
So does just blessing the child and giving him/her a name. The child in our church is a member at birth, naming and blessing. No need to baptize as infants can’t sin. Baptize them when they reach an age of accountability (8) and can remember the baptism and covenants they make at baptism.

Baptism is a Sacrament of Initiation. The Fall of Man that began with Adam and Eve effected all of humanity. Cain walked one way...Nephilim...(Hebrew etymology, the fallen). Seth was more like the image of Adam who was made in the image of God. From Seth's line came those who walked with God, notably Noah, Enoch, Levi. Next we come to Jesus who taught/showed us the way. Now, not all of humanity from either line is all good or all bad. Both inherited a brokenness of humanity.

Part of Catholic Baptism is to reject reject the serpent/satan and all his works, and to walk with God today--in this world--in the way Christ taught. With our baptism also comes the remission of sins, or Christ promise that sins are forgiven.

With Baptism we are initiated into the membership of the Body of Christ, where all are welcome. We do not leave our children on the outside. From the very beginning we teach them to walk with God. It is how we live this life because this life is the beginning of our eternal life with God.
Nothing more than what we teach and know about baptism. Except because it is a remission of sin, infants can’t sin. It’s not a sin to be born and we are not guilty nor responsible for Adam’s sins or anyone else’s. To say an infant is destined to hell and perdition forever if they don’t get baptized is an abomination to the Lord. Any parent whose child died before baptism and was told that child is dead to the Lord is an abomination.
Yes, covenants are made at baptism. Infants can’t make covenants. Abomination.

To say an infant is destined to hell and perdition forever if they don’t get baptized is an abomination to the Lord. Any parent whose child died before baptism and was told that child is dead to the Lord is an abomination.
Who says that?

Okay, I'll elaborate. When you say that there is a promise from Christ, that is part of a covenant between the person and Christ. But, covenants are two-way streets. There's a condition and a promise. The infant did not accept the condition of baptism and keeping the commandments. It was forced on the infant by the parents and the priest who said without it there is no promise. Even if he doesn't say it, it has to be inferred. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ as is the Bible. With the two testaments they become one in thine hand (Ezekiel 37) Baptism is clarified by the Book of Mormon and it makes sense as I just pointed out to you. An infant cannot make a covenant.

I don't really know a Christian Church that teaches Christ that doesn't begin to teach children about Jesus Christ from birth. I don't know what each Church does as far as ordinances performed to include little children into their record books. I know what we do and we do it from the beginning. Even though they don't need the Sacrament we give it to them each week. We get them into Primary at one-and-a-half years of age.

That’s what you wrote. If they didn’t get sprinkled they would not get those blessings you listed. Meaning no heaven.
You know I did not write anything close to that. I did not mention "sprinkled" because Catholics don't "sprinkle". I did not mention blessings. I did not mention heaven.

Okay, I'll elaborate. When you say that there is a promise from Christ, that is part of a covenant between the person and Christ.
That may be how Mormons define a covenant, but we are speaking of baptism into the Catholic faith. In Catholicism, baptism is a Sacrament, not a Covenant. A Sacrament is the visible sign of an invisible reality--which in Baptism would be becoming a member of the Body of Christ.

But, covenants are two-way streets. There's a condition and a promise. The infant did not accept the condition of baptism and keeping the commandments. It was forced on the infant by the parents and the priest who said without it there is no promise. Even if he doesn't say it, it has to be inferred. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Christ as is the Bible. With the two testaments they become one in thine hand (Ezekiel 37) Baptism is clarified by the Book of Mormon and it makes sense as I just pointed out to you. An infant cannot make a covenant.
As baptism is not a covenant, whatever point you had hoped to make doesn't pertain or work.

You know I did not write anything close to that. I did not mention "sprinkled" because Catholics don't "sprinkle". I did not mention blessings. I did not mention heaven.
So, Catholics dunk the infant completely under water? No, they sprinkle water over them. No? Oh but you did. It’s inferred.

That may be how Mormons define a covenant, but we are speaking of baptism into the Catholic faith. In Catholicism, baptism is a Sacrament, not a Covenant. A Sacrament is the visible sign of an invisible reality--which in Baptism would be becoming a member of the Body of Christ.
Again, partaking of a sacrament or performing an ordinance such as baptism is a covenant by definition. The Lord promises one thing and we promise to do another like keep the commandments. See, the reason why Catholics and others can partake of the sacraments then go out and do their Mafia stuff is they don’t understand covenants and deny they have made covenants. Even to the extent of death bed repentance which doesn’t work. Sounds good but nope!

Forum List

Back