Is there anyone on thai board who was helped by Affirmative Action?

"smoking Newports"?? :confused:

I smoked Newports for a time. How come it didn't get me a better job?

I looooove Thai food. :D

I got passed over for two jobs because of AA. In both cases the ones who were hired were friends of mine.
So what did I do? Went out for some Thai food. :rock:

And @ Shroom, that would be Richard Nixon who started AA as we know it, not Jimmy Carter.

True.

But rightwing partisan hacks can't help but lie.

Anyone who has a wife or daughter can thank affirmative action

Read a highschool yearbook from the 50s or 60s and see what girls listed as their future plans. The smart ones wanted to be a nurse or teacher. Others would list beautician or cashier. If you went into business you listed secretary. Most just put housewife

That was what used to be the opportunities for women before Affirmative Action

Last edited:
I think the program had usefulness in its day but is a complete joke now. I would support programs like this if they were based on need or effort but not skin color.

Read a highschool yearbook from the 50s or 60s and see what girls listed as their future plans. The smart ones wanted to be a nurse or teacher. Others would list beautician or cashier. If you went into business you listed secretary. Most just put housewife

That was what used to be the opportunities for women before Affirative Action

Of course, divert attention away from the problems with this law with some silly shit like that.

Anyone? Anyone?

Post your stories here

What were you thinking when you started this thread? Did you really think that people were going to provide wonderful stories about AA and have pleasant conversation? This is a classic baiting thread.

Have any proof to back that up?

Of course, divert attention away from the problems with this law with some silly shit like that.

Far from silly

Everyone looks at affirmative action as a law to help the "colored"

In fact, the group that was helped the most by Affirmative Action was women. Affirmative Action opened up thousands of career fields to women that were formerly "mans work". Even the military

If your wife or daughter aspires to be anything better than a secretary, they can thank affirmative action

Far from silly

In fact, the group that was helped the most by Affirmative Action was women. Affirmative Action opened up thousands of career fields to women that were formerly "mans work". Even the military

If your wife or daughter aspires to be anything better than a secretary, they can thank affirmative action

Sureeee

Hard work has nothing to do with their success.

Good to see your plans as democrats is to further divide the nation with bullshit like this.
I can see it now...republicans hate women because affirmative action is for them too.

Far from silly

Sureeee

Good to see your plans as democrats is to further divide the nation with bullshit like this.
I can see it now...republicans hate women because affirmative action is for them too.

Women before Affirmative Action worked hard. But they were told that they should be happy with that Secretarys job because they didn't have what it takes to be managers. Women were best suited for nursing jobs but those slots in Med School were reserved for men.

Far from silly

Sureeee

Women before Affirmative Action worked hard. But they were told that they should be happy with that Secretarys job because they didn't have what it takes to be managers. Women were best suited for nursing jobs but those slots in Med School were reserved for men.

Again, do you have any proof of what you say??

Sureeee

Sorry, if you cannot acknowledge basic history you are not worth my time

There's no doubt women, in particularly white women, have benefited the most from AA, but not to the extent you're talking about. Interesting to see that you believe AA has been the key to the success of women. Shows how little you think of women

Sureeee

You can't "prove" or "link" a cultural observation, Einstein.

There's no doubt women, in particularly white women, have benefited the most from AA, but not to the extent you're talking about. Interesting to see that you believe AA has been the key to the success of women. Shows how little you think of women

Exactly the extent I am talking about. With Afirmative Action, women had a tool to force access into positions they were formerly restricted from. The burden of proof was put onto employers.
Some women failed in the new positions but enough were successful to open the doors for our wives and daughters today

Thanks for calling me Einstein, but I don't consider myself as such. He's saying all these advancements by women stem from AA. Surely there has to be some facts that shows a correlation, if not causation?

Exactly the extent I am talking about. With Afirmative Action, women had a tool to force access into positions they were formerly restricted from. The burden of proof was put onto employers.
Some women failed in the new positions but enough were successful to open the doors for our wives and daughters today

So you feel without affirmative action women are useless. Got it.

Thanks for calling me Einstein, but I don't consider myself as such. He's saying all these advancements by women stem from AA. Surely there has to be some facts that shows a correlation, if not causation?

I don't see where he made that conclusion. Surely there has to be some quote that demonstrates it?

Or did you assume your own strawman? Like the one about women being useless?

Einstein-218x300.jpg

Forum List

Back